Chapter 28

I said" What is this?"
Mom said" Places, fun places."
" No, no, no, okay? No!"
Dad said" Pick a place or we pick."
" I'm not going regardless! I-I-I get it, I do, if I were you, I'd be wondering the same thing, but this-this... This ain't it!"
Mom said" You need structure and safety. These places were what you were doing, but with that. We want that."
" No, no, no, okay? No! I've had enough change right now, I cannot han-handle anymore!"
" Baby, you can't just do whatever you want. You haven't been back to school."
" I know, I know, I get it, I do, I do, and school's just... really not my thing right now, and-and I know I need school, but-"
Dad said" Just go to your room."
" Dad, just-"
" Go to your room!"
" I was kidnapped! Me and Kie! It was horrifying, I thought I was gonna die!"
" Go to your room." My mouth gaped as he didnt even, tears welled in my eyes and I ran up to the room.

Nick came in,
He said" They got John B. Shoupe got him on route 12, somehow."
I said" Shit! Dammit!" I punched my bed, and leaned against the wall," We never should have came back... I wish we didn't come back. They're serious about shipping me off, aren't they?"
" Oh, yeah! Definitely, bro, you are double screwed. I'm pretty sure they're thinking Kitty Hawk, it's not too far but far enough to get you away from everyone."
" Great... great, my-my friends are... not the problem with this family!"
" Yeah, I mean, but then I guess, the problem would be you."
" Seriously, man?"
" I'm just stating a fact, bro, you could've said no to them, so many times and you don't."
" They're my best friends! And Big John is in danger!"
" I'm just saying." He walked out, yeah... I guess I am the problem in this family... I slid down the wall and pulled my knees up to my chest, tears slid down my cheeks.

My phone rang, I grabbed it, and coughed, trying to make my voice normal, I answered it.
I said" Yeah?"
Sarah said" Can you get to the chateau?"
" Uh..." I looked at my door, I'm the problem anyways, so what does it matter if I cause more of them?
" Kai?"
" Yeah, yeah, I'll be there. Why?"
" Just- I'll explain everything there." She hung up, I got up and pulled on my shoes, I opened my window and climbed out.

Sarah said" Hey, thanks for waiting. Um... Look who decided to come home." John B came out,
Kie said" Hey."
Cleo said" Welcome back."
Pope said" Whoa! Good to see you, man."
JJ said" You gotta be kidding me."
I said" Cops must hate you, man."
Sarah said" I have something I want to share with you guys. I can get us down to the Orinoco."
Pope said" Are you serious?"
" Yeah."
Cleo said" Okay. And how's that gonna happen?"
" My dad's gonna let us use the plane."
JJ said" Ward?"
Pope said" Your dad?"
Sarah said" Yep. We lay low tonight, then wheels up first thing in the morning."
" Okay, that's a lot to process. Your dad actually helping us."
" I talked to him. He'll do it."
Cleo said" So we trusting Ward now?"
Kie said" Trust Sarah."
" Alright."
Pope said" Well, great. That's all I needed to hear."
Sarah said" But wait, I also just have one more thing to say. Um... Since we've gotten back from the island, I've done some things that I regret. A lot."
John B said" Yeah, uh... I feel... I feel like we've all done a thing or two that we regret."
" And I don't... Poguelandia, guys. It's all I've been able to think about. We were all together on that island, and it was a good thing, and I don't want to ruin a good thing. And I... I just wanna know, are we still all in? Are we still all together? Because I am."
Kie said" Yeah." They hugged,
Cleo said" We pon road!"
Sarah said" I love you."
Pope said" I still can't believe you got the plane."
" I know!" They hugged,
" That's actually insane." We all got together, I smiled,
JJ said" Let's go get Big John, alright? What do you say there, shit bird?"
" I think this deserves a woogity. How long are you gonna pretend you're not coming over here?"
" You in?"
Cleo said" Come over here, funny man."
I said" John Booker, get over here, I know you're in, man."
Kie said" We don't bite." We all hugged,
Pope said" Now we woogity!"
John B said" Oh, we're really doing this, aren't we?"
" We're doing it, man!"
I said" Hey, if my parents or Nick show up, I'm running for the hills!" Kie ruffled my hair, I laughed," I'm serious! I'm double screwed if they find me tonight, okay?"
" And tomorrow?"
" I'll figure it out!"

JJ was apologizing to Kie about a money clip, guess he stole her dad's, which is so something he'd do. I turned into the kitchen and froze as I saw flames outside,
JJ said" That's a fire. We gotta tell 'em! Tell 'em! Kai, snap out of it! Hey, fire! Yo!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him, I blinked, and gulped, Pope and Cleo ran in," Come on! Get outta there!"
Kie said" The house is on fire!"
Sarah said" Oh, shit."
John B said" Sarah, get away from the door."
" Ow!" We all started freaking out...