Letter to 1978

It was a normal day at Hogwarts, everyone was eating their breakfast in the great hall, smiles burst over the faces of nearly all the students, yet some Slytherin's still held their casual frowns.

A certain Gryffindor prankster boy by the name of James Potter, his head of messy jet black hair continuously staring to the muggle-born witch redhead from Gryffindor Lily Evans, while she is talking to her friends. Sirius Black, his best friend is staring at Remus once again but of course he calls him Moony. The thing that got them out of them both snapped away from their daydream was a large burst as the doors of the great hall opened.

Through the large brown wonders strode Euphemia and Fleamont Potter, Hope and Lyall Lupin, Walburga  and Orion Black, Andromeda and Ted Tonks along with little baby Tonks, the entirety of the Weasley family and one last face that no one seemed to recognised that slipped so they were sat at the Slytherin table unacknowledged.

Both James's and Remus's parents joined their children while Andromeda and Ted joined Sirius, the Weasleys behind them. The other Blacks diverged directly towards the Slytherin table.

"Why are we here Albus?" Molly questioned, rather loudly to those around her as her voice echoed around the hall. The man sighed before plastering himself a fake smile and positively beaming at the ginger woman. "Well Mrs Weasley I'm sure we'll find out." He said softly as a soft white spark appeared in front of him a small note formulating from it.

Dear students of 1946 and 1978,
We do hope you're enjoying your morning but we have agreed it is about time we interrupt you. I know you may find this difficult to believe but this letter is from the future and I know now seemed like the only time you will ever have to fight but the First Wizarding War does not end well.

Nor does the second.

Yes, the second.

Those that hadn't died, barley survived it. There were so many losses and events that could have been avoided. Which leads us here. We want to change the future and avoid a tremendous amount of loss that the Wizarding world council has agreed we'd all be better off without. All because of a manipulator. Your so called angel.

In this envelope you will find eight movies enclosed made up of the memories of total of five specific people, these eight movies could save us. Watch with your own risk.

And help us, see you soon,
H.P, A.P, A.B, R.W, H.G
- Mischief Managed

The entire hall was silent, a second wizarding world war, they barely had survivors left from the first and it was far from over, so many questions were running through the minds of each and every student, professor and all others that had joined the hall.

What were they to do?

All eyes were wide, some eyes scared and popping while others had paled faces and confusion everywhere. Until another wisp of white smoke appeared this time in place of the sorting stool, the white melting into a pale blue as it opened up to show a group of 13 maybe 17 year olds appeared in front of them, they were young and they looked it but their eyes showed something different, a knowingness, a wisdom not many could achieve.

The Headmasters eyes shone with greed an curiosity only to be stopped by a harsh glare from one of the girls. "Hello," a green eyed boy said nervously reaching up to scratch the back of his head, "I'm Harry.. Potter," he said slowly watching the reactions of the hall around him, a bespeckled boy a little older than himself, eyes popping out of his head. "And this is..."

"I can introduce myself Harold, I'm Aurora Potter this idiots twin," the girl next to him said with a smile. She had light brown hair that stuck up all around the back of her head, her eyes were honey brown and her smile. God her smile.