Surreptitious Memory

[Later that evening, Harry and Abigail are doing their now shared detention with Lockhart.]

Lockhart: Harry, Abigail, Harry, Abigail. Can you possibly imagine a better way to serve detention than by helping me to answer my fan mail?

Abigail: Yes.

Every person in the hall kept their lips sealed shut in hidden laughter, numerous fell to the floor in happiness still trying to contain their noises of joy and amusement.

Harry: Not really.

Lockhart: Fame is a fickle friend, Harry. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that.

Abigail: [Whispering] What on earth does that mean?

"Exactly what I said," Lockhart grumbled with a frown as Abigail rolled her eyes in perfect synchrony with her younger self on screen. Harry grinned at Abigail, both past and future.

Her smile as she turned to face him was everything, he remembered second year distinctly as one of the many major times Harry had completely fucked up with her but that smile, that grin and small nod. He knew. Everything was okay.

[As Lockhart picks up another fan letter, Harry begins to hear an omnious, inhuman voice.]

Ominous Voice: Come... [Harry looks up] come... come to me... come to me...

"That's what it sounded like?" Abigail whispered. Harry and Aurora nodded both faces downcast grabbing each others hands, as they both knew, that voice was one of the ones forever in their nightmares.

"What on earth was that?!" Sirius exclaimed having jumped into Remus's lap who'd had a similar reaction. The hall was filled with similar reactions, people jumping all over the place and freaking out over one of the smallest voices and things Harry and Aurora had experienced.

"QUIET!" Aurora screamed now standing on her couch frowning.

Without another word nor a question answered the screen continued to play the scene and everyone was silent.

Except Abigail and Ginny who were silently trying not to piss themselves of laughter rolling on the floor.

Harry: What?

Lockhart: [looking up] Sorry? [glances at Harry]

Harry: That voice.

Lockhart: Voice?

Harry: [turning to Abigail shocked as she grabbed her head a small headache occurring quickly.] Did you hear it?

Abigail: Hear what Harry? Are you sure you're alright?

"Oh shit," Bellatrix muttered. Her head fell into her hands and she just glared at Harry ( both Harry's technically ), "You don't tell people when you're hearing voices idiotic boy," she coughed and leant over Rodolphus's shoulder starting to mumble. "Especially when they're murderous ones. You tell your lover and that's it," she whispered kissing gently behind his ear as he grinned, hand wandering down to her waist, further, and further, and further. 

Lockhart: What are you talking about, Harry? I think you're getting a bit... uh, drowsy. And great scot! No wonder. Look at the time, the three of us have been here nearly four hours. Spooky how the time flies when one's having fun. [chuckles, Abigail's eyes roll in exhaustion and horror as she hears of the time.] Of you two go we can't have you missing diner!