Apologies ~21

The following day at school, I got through my first class no problem. The day was going pretty good and I was happy, until...

"Can I talk to you for a second?" This annoying voice that belonged to Nao, says.

I looked up to see Nao standing in front of me, a smile on her face. I didn't smile back.

"It'll be quick." She says, sensing my dislike for this situation. I nod even though I didn't want to hear anything she had to say to me.

We sit down at the nearest bench and she turns to me and speaks.

"Firstly, I want to say I'm sorry. I know that doesn't mean anything to you after what I did but I really am. I definitely shouldn't have acted how I did but I've known Hoseok for so long and I've had feelings for him for as long as I could remember. I just got a little crazy and I'm sorry for that. Really, I am. I hope you can forgive me."

I stared at her for a moment before I let out a breath. "I'll forgive you but I don't want you around Hoseok anymore." I say simply.

"I totally understand! I'm sorry again for everything. You two belong together and I can see you love each other a lot, so again, I'm really sorry." Nao says, a regretful look in her eyes.

"It's fine." I say and Nao nods slowly. "Well that was all I needed to say. Thanks for listening." She says as we both stand.

With that, we part ways and I turn just in time to see Yoongi walking towards me.

When he gets to me the first thing he does is point to the direction Nao headed. "You guys talked?"

"Yeah she apologized. I said thanks but made it clear I didn't want her around Hoseok anymore. Surprisingly, she seemed cool but we'll see if there's anymore problems." I say as Yoongi and I started to walk to class.

"That's good then I'm sure Hoseok will be glad it's not causing you stress anymore." Yoongi says as we enter the class room and make our way to our seats.

"Right. I was so over dealing with all of that and now I won't have to. Everything is good. Well, besides the stupid assumption Ari is making." I laugh and Yoongi raises a brow.

"About what?" He asks and I look over at him and say,

"She thinks you like me. You don't, do you?"

Straight forward gets the job done.

My words make Yoongi's eyes widen and his face flush. "Of course not, why would she assume that?"

I let out a breath of relief. "I don't know but this is good, it's good news. I was certain you didn't but she's so convinced. She said she's been observing how you act and it seemed like you liked me but I'm glad you don't. That would have been awful!" I laugh but I'm the only one who finds it funny.

"Well I don't like you, don't worry." Yoongi's mood seemed to have shifted and I frowned. Maybe the assumption made him uncomfortable. I don't say anything else as I turn my attention towards my books.

For the rest of class, Yoongi doesn't speak to me. I don't know if it's what I had said or something else but I must have offended him in some way.

As our class let out, I figured Yoongi was still upset until I looked up to see him waiting for me. I smile as I grab my bag and join his side as we head out to go meet up with the others.

On the walk over, I figured it would be better to apologize. "I'm sorry if I said something to offend you, that wasn't my intention. I'm sure whoever dates you is going to be one lucky person. I didn't mean dating you would be awful I just meant- I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to be rude."

Yoongi looks down at me and forces a smile. "It's fine, y/n, really, I get it. No worries. It was just an assumption Ari made and it was wrong. So no need to stress over it." He says calmly.

"Okay yeah, you're right." I say as we continue to walk side by side until we finally get to the others.

"I need to come home with you guys!" Namjoon says instantly, attaching himself to Hoseok's side.

"Why is that?" He asks and I wait for his answer because I too was curious as to why.

"I need to see Ari." Namjoon says with a smile and that makes me smile too.

Before Hoseok can object, I tell him he absolutely can come because I was in operation get Ari and Namjoon together so that I could have my best friend living closer.

"That's not fair, I wanna come too." Jimin says with a frown. "Me too, we never get to hang out." Jungkook says.

"Let's all hangout then. I want to talk to Ari about something anyway." Yoongi says suddenly and Hoseok and I both turn to him with a confused expression.

"What do you need to talk to her about? You don't even know her." Namjoon says with a frown and a huff.

"It's not important." Yoongi shrugs and leaves it at that, clearly not in the mood to share. No one questioned it after that.

We all headed to mine and Hoseok's apartment and once everyone arrived, we all piled inside.

As soon as we opened the front door, I saw Ari sprawled out across the couch watching tv. When she sees Namjoon she sits up quickly, straightening out her clothes. Oops, I probably should have texted her and let her know we were coming...my bad.

"We brought friends." I smile as I motion everyone inside.

"Welcome." Ari says as she looks around at everyone before her focus falls to Namjoon once again.

I smiled as I saw the two of them looking at one another. I needed to keep things going smoothly and so that's exactly what I did the whole night.

I made sure to always have them seated by one another or I pushed them to talk. Anything I could do to get them closer, and it was working. Towards the end of the night they were cuddled up on the couch once again.

That was until Yoongi pulled Ari aside for whatever it was that he wanted to talk to her about.

They were gone for roughly twenty minutes before they came back, Yoongi looking stressed and Ari grinning widely.

I have no idea what they had talked about but I'm sure I'd find out soon enough.