𝙍𝙐𝙉 𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙔

"Is that you, Karan?" Lavanya spoke in a low voice. She looked up at his flower-covered face in surprise.
"Yes." He returned the hushed word.
"How did you get yourself here? Where is Pranay?"
"I knocked him to the ground and he passed out. But as of right now, you shouldn't inquire too much. We have to leave this mandap quickly or we'll get married." Karan remarked.

She couldn't help but feel anxious as the priest tied a knot between her and Karan. A feeling of unease something was going horribly wrong.
In her head, she saw hazel eyes flashing.

"Lavanya I am aware of your marriage to the Brahmin. I've met both him and his brother." added Karan.
"Is he here?" she asked.
"No, He is not in the palace. But I know exactly where he is." He responded.
"Why didn't he visit the palace? He might have taken your position." Lavanya said with having a slight sense of disappointment.
"He's waiting for you at the nearby temple, per our arrangement."

The priest then instructed us to stand up and perform the circles.
"Lavanya, you need to leave this marriage immediately." Karan said.They begin to circle the flames. She had absolutely no intention of marrying Karan.She made an effort to maintain herself despite the fact that her inner barriers were collapsing.

"How about my mum, though? If I ran away, my father would make her life miserable."
"My army has surrounded the palace from the outside, Lavanya. You shouldn't be concerned. All you have to do is flee. Your Devar is awaiting you at the palace gates . He will take you to your husband. Just get moving, and I'll take care of the rest. I'll safeguard your mother, I swear. I won't allow your useless father to even approach your mother." said Karan.

"But Karan, leaving would hurt my family. It would be the equivalent of betraying them. How am I able to be so egotistical? Lavanya stated.
"Lavanya be selfish for once.If they truly care about you, they will comprehend your motivations. You will live with regret if you choose not to be selfish today.  Now haste and flee." He said.
"Karan everyone is here I can't just-
"You're going to throw your life away for other's opinions?" Silence. They kept walking.

"Lavanya I am aware that neither you nor I desire to get married. To me, you are a sister. I've seen the adoration in that Brahmin's eyes for you. I am also aware of your feelings for him. Therefore, move forward and stop holding back. He is waiting for you."

Pranay appeared out of nowhere and began screaming. "Stop the marriage."
Everyone was shocked.  Karan went cold. Lavanya went cold.
"Lavanya!" He muttered once more. Her last chance. 
Hazel eyes dart in and out of her head. sturdy arms. Love. Home. him. Her everything. Her walls fell down. A tear traced down her eyes under her own veil.

Emotions she'd pent up after her break down since he'd left came pouring out

Emotions she'd pent up after her break down since he'd left came pouring out. She missed him. She loved him. This felt all wrong because it wasn't him she was marrying. From under her veil, she saw her parents, Pranay's  parents, her relatives, all staring. She turned her gaze to Kanha, who seemed to be smiling and observing her.

No remorse.

She broke the knot and made one of her life's selfish decisions. She ran off. In a heavy Iehenga, it was challenging, but it was undoubtedly doable. She could see the brother of Arjun waiting for her.  She was leaving for home. Finally.
In the background, her guests' screams could be heard, as well as poor Pranay. The weighty jewellery made her ears hurt. Her parents gasped in shock. And none of it was significant. Hazel eyes were all she could make out. Arjun.
She hastily took Sahdev's hand from where he was perched on a horse and sat down next to him. 
As the horse began to move, she chuckled. She was liberated.

 She was liberated