Chapter eleven

I'm Sorry;

The next day....

Samira's POV

My mom and I were in the kitchen making snacks for her friend Hajiya Halima (Umaima's mom) & Aunty mommy. They called earlier today to inform us that they will be visiting. "What is Ummi doing in the room?" mom asked, glaring at me. "I don't know o, maybe on a phone call with Ahmad," I guessed while mom chuckled "here I am, I'm not on a phone call, was just busy with my Assignment," Ummi said with a sulked face while stepping into the kitchen "okay well done," I said while Ummi forced out a smile "what's with the dull face? What is it?" I said calmly while mom added, "yesterday, you went to bed pretty earlier than usual, and this morning you had breakfast in your room. What is it this time?"

  "It's nothing, mom. I slept early yesterday because I was sleepy, and I had breakfast in my room because I needed to concentrate on schoolwork. I was eating while researching and didn't want any distractions," she claimed while mom and I agreed. "Did you know Umaima's mom and sister will be coming over today?" I asked while Ummi nodded a yes "you knew? How?" I asked surprisingly "oooh, yes I knew, Umaima told me this morning," Ummi answered quietly "oh okay," I replied, nodding my head at her.

                                           ••
An hour later, Umaima, her mother, And her sister were in Ummi's house

After chatting for what seemed like forever, the main reason for the visit was disclosed, and everybody was happy. Finally, Aunty mommy is getting married. Ummi and Umaima got to the room to have a one-on-one chat. "You look emotionless. What is it Ummi?" Umaima asked, looking straight into Ummi's eyes. "It's Ahmad," Ummi muttered, "what Is it about him?" Umaima further asked

"He came to see daddy yesterday just the way we had discussed. Samira earlier yesterday advised me to tell him everything about me, which I have been restraining myself from saying, but after daddy met with him, I braced myself up and told him everything all at once...."

Back to yesterday's evening with Ahmad
"..... And I don't know if you will be willing to fight this with me," in Ummi's voice. I stared at him intuitively, expecting a warm reply, but to my surprise, he looked away with a stoic expression. And after a while, he said, "let's talk again tomorrow. Good night Ummita" and left.

************Back to presence*************

"Seriously, that's all he said?" Umaima asked, rather surprised "yes, Umaima, I mean, is that all he could say? He should have said something better. He should have tried to understand and be more comforting. I mean, he says he loves me, so why not show compassion for something this deep rather than let's talk tomorrow? Goodnight, Ummita," Ummi vented out, motioning with her hands.

"At least he called you Ummita (my Ummi). Doesn't that mean he still has you in mind? He was probably just taken by surprise and couldn't find the right words to use at that time" Umaima tried to justify his actions. "I really don't know how you guys do this relationship stuff, but me right now? I'm freaking mad at him" Ummi let out an annoyed grunt.

"I think you should calm down, okay? Since he said to get back to you today, wait for his call, and everything will be sorted out in shaa Allah," Umaima suggested

"The truth is, even if he calls, I won't pick till my anger subsides' ' Ummi sounded, "this giiiirrrllll! When did my Bestfriend become this tough!!" Umaima shook her head in disbelief while the door creaked open, and Samira came in with Aunty mommy, and all they did afterward was chit-chat.

Later in the evening, after dinner
*********Ummi's POV*************

I lay on the bed, reading the book "Twice His Age'' by Aishatuu M '' The book took a toll on me, and my orbs were glued to the screen of my phone when a call came in. It was Ahmad. My thumb pulled closer to the accept button on the screen. As anxious as I was to hear what he had to say, I kept myself from picking up his call.