Chapter sixteen

Wedding vibes;

Safina's POV

Safiya and Amira were seated as I kept telling them about the guy I met at work "wallah, he is my type. At first, when we met at the office, I was astonished by his composure and the way he talked even though he kept stealing glances at me, which was very obvious and was supposed to be eerie, but I don't know what I happened to love it" "LOVE IS RULING OVER MY SISTERS!!!" Amira let out a funny expression.

"Giiirrrllll swears, he is handsome! When I mean handsome like he is freaking breathtaking. I wonder whose looks he has gotten! His mom's or dad's because mhhheeennn!!!" I exclaimed with Kashim's face captured in my heart. "Wait, did you make it look obvious that you were drooling over him?" Amira asked with a fixed expression, ready to fire at me if my answer came out otherwise " I won't dare make that grave mistake! Trust your sister, na! I normally wave off his thoughts whenever I'm at work, especially with him. I watch him from the peripheral view of my eyes as he keeps stealing glances at me, which sends shivers down my spine," I let out dramatically. I can only be like this with my sisters around. We kept talking about Kashim while Safiya stayed mute like she wasn't hearing.

"Safiya, you aren't saying anything!" I said with a glare at her, "what do you want me to say, Safina?" she asked, throwing a threatening look at me "at least anything!" I yelled, "anything? Sure anything?" she asked, scrunching up her face, and I knew immediately she was about to taunt me. No, get back at me rather. But still, I went on, "yes, anything!"
"What's his name again?" she asked. "Kashim," I answered, looking back "his name sounds ugly, and I bet he does too!" she yelled, and I threw a pillow at my end, which knocked her down. "That's what you get for getting back at me!" I said, knowing I was in trouble for throwing a pillow at her. She stood up and ran in my direction while I immediately entered my room and locked it. It was all fun. We are used to taunting each other.
(Safiya doesn't know Kashim physically because she stays on the 10th floor. Dad asked us to be placed into a different session so we could concentrate more on our work instead of acting like the owner's daughters, which we were quite capable of. That was why I didn't mention my surname to Kashim the other time and just replied with the substitute, which was Muhammad instead).

Ummi's POV
"I just got to Umaima's house," I told Ahmad over the phone "oh, that's nice. How is Umaima, and how is the preparation for the wedding going?" he asked. "Alhamdulillah, the house is full already; later in the evening is the Henna party. So I will get busy in case I don't call!" I declared while he replied, "okay, no problem, Baby" Umaima motioned for me to send her regards to Ahmad. "Umaima is sending her regards!" I told him, "please send the phone over to her?" he asked while I stretched out the phone to her. She placed it on the speaker

"How are you, Ahmad?" Umaima asked with a wide smile like he could see her. "I'm fine, and you?" he asked "same here," she replied "and how is the preparation?" he further asked while she replied it was moving just fine. "My regards to Amarya," he said while she nodded okay and added, "and make sure you come for the wedding! You are invited!" she bossily said while he responded with "in shaa Allah if work permits," and they concluded the call.

"Giiirrrrllll, I'm so happy you are here!" Umaima said and wrapped her hands across my waist. "I'm happy to see you too! Where is the amarya?" I asked, looking everywhere "she is in her room. Her friends are here already!" she said as she grabbed my hands, and we moved into Aunty mommy's room. "Ummi, you are here!" Aunty mommy said excitedly, and we hugged each other. I congratulated her and curtly nodded to her friends in the room with a sly smile. "Samira called and said she would come later for the Henna party," she said with a beaming expression while I nodded and later moved to Umma's room. We hugged each other as she welcomed me warmly. She is like a mother to me, and she is very kind and welcoming.