Chapter fourteen

Heartache;

Ummi's POV

I'm so excited today. I just happened to pay for all the collections I have made. Daddy promised to support my business by helping me pay for all the orders I made from China, and he did. They will arrive in a month, and I'm absolutely fine with that. My business is going to be both an online and offline business. I have already opened an Instagram page for my brand... I named it #shop with UA, I had thought of the best name to give my brand, and I must say it was a huge task for me because I was always not good with naming things. Umaima had to help me develop one, and it's a blend of my name and surname (Ummi Abu becomes UA).

Thank goodness, the account has been flowing with enough female followers needed for my business to bloom, all thanks to Umaima and the twins who had helped run an ad on their pages. I will also own a big mart for the UA brand. The thought of how I would make the store so beautiful was enough to fill my stomach with lots of butterflies. Daddy has arranged for a store for me already. It's located in one of the busiest plazas nearby, and it is sure a good location for my business. Arrangements are ongoing, and all I need to focus on now is how to murder the remaining three papers for the semester. I sarcastically said and smiled at the thoughts of everything.

Shortly after I had slumped on my bed with a book on my lap, my phone started vibrating. I ran my eyes over to where it was to get a glimpse of who was calling, and it was Asmau. I slid the answer button, and after exchanging pleasantries, Asmau softly asked, "Are you home, Ummi?" I nodded first like she could see me before verbally replying to her with a yes.

"I'm glad. Can I come over? Let's read together. I'm having issues reading alone," she pleaded. I can bet she was scrunching her face from how she had sounded "and where is your read mate? Xully?'' I asked (true, Asmau has always had problems reading alone, but theî good thing was, she was neighbors with Xully, and they always read together) "she isn't around! She had gone out earlier today, and I want to get over with this course," she grumbled

"It's fine. You can come over, buy some chocolates on your way pleeease!" I whined while she plastered a smirk on her face, I didn't see that, but I just knew she would have one on her face because she always has a smirk whenever I ask her for chocolates. "I've heard you, Ummi!" she screamed excitedly over the phone, then added, "please inform mom I will be coming over so that she can prepare one of her sumptuous meals for me!!!" she didn't miss stressing the sumptuous on her sentence. I replied with a loud chuckle which I'm sure she understood as "okay, I have heard," and I added, "just say you are coming for food, gluttony!" I teased and broke into laughter before we ended the call.

I moved to the living room, and mom and daddy watched some news channels. Of! DAD was around. "Mom Asmau will be here soon. She would like to have one of your sumptuous meals as we prepare for the next paper!" I curtly said, rounding my hands on her shoulder while taking a seat beside her on the sofa "Asmau and food!" mom said amidst a soft chuckle. "Good news, I just made some croissants with a banana smoothie. Get some for her," she continued, and I couldn't help but let out a beaming expression on my face and said, "you are the best Mom in the whole world...."

I let my words trail off as Dad scoffed, and I turned to his direction while he was fast at turning his glare away... I needed no one to tell me. I knew daddy was being jealous, and "I have the best daddy in the whole wide world too," I said with a wink at him, and I didn't miss the sweetest smile he had on. It's funny how mom and dad act childish towards us sometimes, like siblings fighting for a piece of chocolate. How I wish they knew how much I and Samira love and appreciate them, "there is enough love to go around" was all I could think of as I rested my shoulders on the sofa.

Asmau came shortly after, and we had some croissants and smoothies as we necked deep into our books. We studied to the best of our abilities and had some namby-pamby talk.