Chapter nineteenth

Problem arising;

Ummi's POV
I woke up this morning feeling moody. I have only been able to do a few things around the house after taking my breakfast, and I slump back into my bed. My heart was feeling empty. I couldn't explain the feeling. Still lost in my thoughtless thoughts when my phone started vibrating, and I pulled it from underneath the pillow on my bed and unconsciously slid the accept button without checking who it was. His taslim came out in a hushed tone despite his husky voice, I don't know how he managed to pull that off, but his voice always makes my heart flutter. I snapped out of the beautiful thought and realized I was supposed to be mad at him.

I have been downcasted since yesterday, and I bet that's what has been eating me up and making me sad. I responded to his taslim in a hoarse voice that was frightening to my ears. That must have been because I cried myself to sleep yesterday, feeling dejected and betrayed. "How are you? You're sounding....?" Ahmad let his words trail off more like a question without a complete sentence. I had this insatiable urge to throw my rage at him for not telling me about his past relationships, but with my voice choked up, I only managed to reply to him with "I'm fine," but without even asking if he was fine. I don't know how this small issue is so infuriating to me. "Oh, okay then!" I bet he had words choked in his chest from how he sounded, but I ignored him and rolled my eyes, wishing he could see how mad I looked. "Remember, you are coming to the hospital today, right?" he asked, and to be honest, I had forgotten about that. Consumed with anger, I couldn't remember the plans we had made.

One part of me wanted to say, "oh, I don't think I can make it today; maybe next time," and the other part wanted to say, "yes, I haven't forgotten." But I went with the latter "Yeah, I haven't forgotten," I said, and I think he had a smirk on his face like he was glad. "I will pick you up, and we will go together. Ready in the next hour?" he asked with a pleasing voice soothing to my ears and warming to my heart, but I didn't know why my eyes felt like a broken dam. "I won't be ready by then, you can go without me, but I will be there in the next three hours in shaa Allah," I declined without having a proper reason why on earth I won't be ready in the next one hour.

"Oh, okay, once you arrive at the hospital, let me know! I will come to lead you to my office," he says, and after exchanging a few more words, we end the call with each other. I heaved a heavy sigh and smacked my forehead a bit. What on earth is wrong with me? Why am I still this mad at him? Wait... Why is he feigning ignorance? Doesn't he know he owes me an explanation? Don't I deserve to know everything! If I can go out of my way to tell him about my vulnerabilities, why can't he do the same for this goddamn relationship?! I yelp in silence, well, I think something else is triggering my anger, but I can't explain.

After a while, Umaima called. I ignored it! Something I have never done before, ignoring Umaima's call!!. But I did, without even knowing why. I feel resentful, and talking with Umaima will unravel the anger in my soul, which I don't want. She called again, and I picked up reluctantly. "Where were you when I called first?" that was the first thing this crazy girl asked, "sorry, I wasn't close!" I fibbed. Goodness, what's wrong with me? I thought, scratching the back of my head. "No offense then!" Umaima said while she tongue-clicked, "How was your night? Good morning" I faintly ask with a hoarse voice. "Fine! Why do you sound that way? Umaima asked. Of course, she would notice, a voice said within me, and I smirked

"Nothing! Just moody," I replied, stretching my hand over to the cup of water on the table close to my bed "oohh, well, I have juicy news that might uplift your mood this morning!" she screamed happily "you are always with the news Umaima! What is it this time?" I said, rolling my eyes "well, remember that guy that talked to me during Aunty mommy's wedding?" she asked, and I found the question imprecise because a lot of guys spoke with Umaima that day, so which guy?