1- She is the violence

SAM TAHEY

Voices rang throughout the house. Me and the boys are hanging out at Stewarts place, it's a usual thing for us, call it team bonding, we call it friendship.

We all sat in the lounge lazing around talking. Stewart sat in on the large sofa with Wallace and Christie, the three father figures/ older brothers of the group. They were always there to support and give advice as if they had lived centuries. Callum and stones sat in the middle of the two sofas on the floor. Don't get me wrong we offered them a seat but they are just idiots sometimes, idiots we love sadly.

finally me, Norris and chamberlain sat on the second couch. Out of everyone in this room these two knew me the best, they stood and still stand me at my highest and lowest. The rest of the team does as well but these two will always be considered by brothers for life. I will never inform them of this fact though, their egos will grow to the size of the moon.

"How are the thunders doing lately" Wallace asks Callum, Wallace is our captain and head coach but at the moment he is stressing over the fact we are down a player. Could he be looking for someone in thunder to step up? We need them but the season starts next month for lighting. Overall, it's a bit late to pick and choose out of freelancers so I guess I'm going to have to put up with second best players.

"Good, they have a game tonight, they've been training hard. In all honesty I think they could win by a mile from the way their looking right now" Callum voices, he came up to lightening from the thunders, but as you do on all teams he made friends there and stays close with them, even helping them train from time to time. Wallace listens intently to Callum's words, oh he is definitely looking to steal a player and bring them up.

"Tonight you say?" Chamberlain asks from next to me. "Yeah why" Callum voices confused, "why don't we go watch them, see how the babies are doing?" Chamberlain laughs, "see if what you say is true eh" he continues, joking around with the youngest player. We all laugh at chamberlains antics, the thunders don't have a good reputation after losing many games in the past and having less then a handful of good players. All of which moved up to lightening last year.

I look around to Wallace when I hear him clear his throat. "You know what that might be a good idea", fuck he really is desperate if he's looking at thunders players for our season, "it would be good to show support and fun to watch", everyone laughs at Wallace's dig at thunders reputation of losses, yet his face remains passive. He is definitely gunna steal if he sees even a slither of talent. The laughter fades as we all calm down from our humorous high.

"Guys, guys! come on let's just go and you will see that they aren't like they are said to be, the only people saying their bad is us but their tickets for tonight have sold out, and they have a star player who is truly NHL material" Callum speaks trying to reason with us. The group of us look to each other and shrug, why not eh. Callum may be the rookie but we respect him and will listen when he speaks.

"Ok then, it's decided. Get up lads we got a game to watch" Stewart speaks, well more bellows the end. I think he just wants us out of his house in all honesty. Either way we all make our way up off the couches, and floor for some, making our way to the cars parked outside. It's 6pm now the game will start at 7pm so we start to make our way to the stadium.

We all arrive at the stadium in no time, parking or cars in players parking. As the number one team we have assigned parking. As chamberlain will put it 'we just the dog shit ain't we", I don't know how we put up with him and his hot head sometimes.

As I exit my black Range Rover I notice a new car in the players lot, a matte black Jeep Wrangler. It's a nice car I won't lie, must belong to one of the new players on thunders. We all make our way into the large building through the back doors towards the VIP front standing. From here we can see all the ice action but stay separate from the crazy fans who have surely recognised us by now.

The music blares around the rink, the stands filled with fans in jerseys, the chill of the ice making a familiar shiver run up my spine. I look to my teammates beside me to see them filled with excitement of finally watching a game and not playing, the familiar feel of the cold making their blood rush with ecstasy.

Despite thunders not being the number one team they are still in a high league so we know the play will still be good to watch. Not as good as our games but you get what your given eh. Callum and chamberlain have returned with arms full of drinks and snack, snacks which they won't share, greedy pigs. Anyway they hand out the drinks and we settle as the music quietens and the disco lights dim.

"Welcome hockey fans and families to the thunder vs black cats game" Neil the announcer shots through the mic. Cheers rattle my ears as the fans excitement grows by the minute. I look to Norris to see his face the same as mine. Surprise. We didn't know thunder was this popular, lightning doesn't attend their games much if at all their reputation is not something we are proud of. But maybe just maybe that reputation is only our previous beliefs.

"FIRST OF ALL I WELCOME THE BLACK CATSSS!" I love Neil with all my heart but if he shouts into that mic one more time I'm running him over with the ice machine. After I work out how to get it moving.

The black cats team skate out onto the ice from the guest chanting ribs to our left just the other side of the players boxes. The sounds of blades on ice gets my blood running, the ice looking more tempting to go on by the minute. My skin itches with desperation just to step on and feel the freedom the ice gives me. My intrusive thoughts of jumping on the ice and disturbing their game are interrupted by Neil once again. "AND NOW I WELCOME BACK OUR THUNDER PLAYERS!"

Neil announces thunders players one by one as my mind wanders off again, zoning out as I stare at the shining ice inches away from me. It has been smoothened out since the players warmup obviously as it shines effortlessly. My intense start off with the freedom I desperately desire is broken off by guess who... yup Neil.

"And finally the player you have all been waiting for, the deadliest member of our family, and some may say the best" this catches my attention as well as my friends around me. Neil never compliments a player he just simply announces, so whoever this player is he must be good.

"BRODY WILLS!", screams erupt from the fans as a player skates calmly out the changing rooms on the opposing side of the ice to us. "She's your star player" Callum states loudly over the cheers. She? A girl. Our heads all turn back and forth in shock.

"No girl has ever dared to play the men's league that I know of, they get scared of the violence" I rush in shock. "Yup, well Brody is different... she is the violence".

A/N
First chapter done! Should i give up or just keep going? Sorry for the short chapter ill make sure in the future they are longer.