12 - Dead or alive

BRODY WILLS

BRODY WILLS

The screams of the crowd can be heard as I score yet another goal during this last period. The game has been an easy one compared to others, some penalties here and there, a few overly aggressive blocks. But apart from that it is all good. We are winning 5-0 so far, the third period only starting two minutes ago.

I glide around, arms and stick raised in celebration, my smile so wide it hurts my face. Sam and Sean approach with a sprint, our bodies colliding in an embrace. Seans arms wrapping over my shoulders and around my neck from behind, while Sam's tighten around my waist as he lifts me off the ice.

Shouts of encouragement fill my ears as we come together as a group on the ice. Stewart and Chamberlain approaching to give me pats on the back. Sam's arms never detaching as he holds me in the air. His smile is so bright as he celebrates our goal, eyes filled with joy as he stares into my own. It's moments like these that I always appreciate, times of pure happiness for each other.

My helmet knocks against his as our foreheads rest on each other. Eyes connected and smiles wide, my arms wrapped round his neck as we embrace our goal. Sam won the initial face off pushing the puck forwards to where I got a breakaway goal. The perfect team.

All eyes are on us as we stay in our intimate hold for a few seconds. When we disconnect I look up to the crowd, most are still cheering while there are a some who hold jealousy in their eyes. Jealousy for me or Sam? I don't know but what can I say, we are hot and even hotter together.

It's been a month since we first kissed at the apartment, a month since we changed from just friends. It's been going well, always close to one another, needing each other every second of the day. We can talk about anything and everything, our connection on the ice getting stronger every day.

We haven't slept together yet, I've been holding back. I don't know but something in the way he speaks and reacts to my touch tells me somethings up. Whether its to do with a past experience or just being nervous, I need to find out. I never want him to be uncomfortable. We aren't official or anything, its all up in the air at the minute. Whatever happens, happens, and I'm ok with that.

The past week has been hard work. I spent most of it in bed healing, from boxing on the Friday night to the multiple hard hits and fights I got into over the weekend games, I needed time and a lot of ice to get back to my best. Most of the bruising has gone down, the pain and cuts taking a little longer to heal. No one knows about the pain, that's for me only to know.

I'm the happiest I have been in a long time, the team is great, friends are great, everything is great. I've been trying as hard as possible to keep it that way these last few days. Nothing good lasts, so you have to fight for it. I've been fighting for it, but despite fighting I cant help the feeling in my gut as I look towards the fans.

There's been no rescue missions since a week before I started on the team. No recovery's, no consulting, nothing. It's not right. My whole life revolves around ice hockey and my work. I have ice hockey, but no work? Not even an Everest recovery. It's not a good sign and my gut is telling me the same thing. Everything good builds up, in the end...it's a very big fall.