3- Those who can't

BRODY WILLS

BRODY WILLS

That guy was a complete dickhead. Who the fuck does he think he is calling me a slur. My anger boils as I pack my stuff up to leave. I would normally celebrate a little bit with the team but everything is building up and making me stress.

What most people don't know is that I am completely alone. As soon as I leave the rink or my work I have no one. My family kicked me out, my twin brother went missing after I was 'kindly asked to leave'. He's been missing 4 years now. Recently I have been working with my work team to track him and his car down. Nothing had come up until now.

After the game, which we won by the way, I came to my stuff at my locker to find a text from the police detective I coordinate with. 'Camera footage found of him driving at speed down Bromham Road night of his disappearance'.

Overall, not fucking helpful information when I already know he stole and left in our birth givers car. Why cant they just give me information on where the thing is right now. There must be something. I get myself worked up over this with every lead they find. The thing is I know he's out there, but something in me says he's not going to be alive when I find him.

My mental whirlwind is calmed by Callum's hand on my back, "hey, you alright? You did amazing out there you know sis", I nod at his words. "Yeah I'm good just pissed off" I sigh, "your always pissed off come on celebrate your win then be my grumpy sis", this makes me laugh.

Me and Callum aren't actually related, we grew up together he was Deacon, my twins, student. Deacon used to volunteer to coach a minis ice hockey team, and on that team was Callum. As time went on and they both grew up they became friends and would play together, allowing me to join in of course. After Deacon going missing me and Callum got closer he would check in on me and it became a sibling bond.

"Are you two siblings?" A shocked voice asks, I turn my head behind me to see Tom Wallace Lightnings coach facing me and Callum. "Oh no, Tom, Brody and me grew up together and played on the same team for 8 years ish?" Callum looks at me for conformation to which I reply with a nod.

Tom Wallace is a legend he coach's and plays on his team, he takes no messing and is a big name in the ice hockey world. "You really impressed me out there Brody, why haven't I heard your name before in my office" Tom questions me, I can feel Callum's comforting arm around my shoulders knowing I am in a fragile state of breaking down or snapping and releasing all my anger. Breathing slowly I prepare my answer, "I travel a lot for work, I only just started playing full time". Wallace nods in understanding, looking into my eyes, a look of realisation crossing his face. "well id like to see you play more, you got a future here, ill leave you be to celebrate and get changed" I nod with a small smile in response. Normally I would be happy to talk to him but at this point in time all my mind can think about is Deacon.

Callum gives my shoulders a squeeze, I look up to see his team conversing with mine, scanning my eyes around the changing rooms they collide with a pair of chestnut brown ones. I suck in a breath as I admire his beauty, stuck in a trace unable to pull away I continue to stare.