16 - You left me

BRODY WILLS

BRODY WILLS

The lights suddenly change from bright hospital white to a dark low lit room. Music equipment is scattered throughout covering every inch of the space, the 20 odd guys filling the seats and floor. The patients grab onto their chosen instruments before seating themselves.

The back of the red illuminated room contains what looks like a recording booth, I'm surprised they have so much equipment and such high tech stuff. The room becomes silent as small vibrations from the instruments reverberate through the area.

I stand awkwardly in the centre of the room, not knowing where to sit as patients send not so subtle glares at me. I fucked up. All that was running through my head was the information of nessa having heard deacons possible last words. Why didn't he call me? I could have found him or helped him. Instead he called a child, who's now a drug addict with mental issues.

My eyes meet Sam's as he sits in a dark corner at the back, he shuffles to the side making room for me to sit by him. He's upset with me, I can tell by his body language, the hand holds being lighter, his arms crossing to avoid holding my palm and put his defences up. He told me not to go about it this way and I didn't listen. I should have listened.

My body makes the move to the open seat by him when Cam and my younger sister enter. I may be uncomfortable right now, but having to face nessa after triggering her is something I cant bring myself to do.

Sam's arm rests behind my head on the sofa, the heat of his body warming my skin without even touching. Nessa walks through the room, not the slightest bit bothered by the presence of the team, by me. She moves towards the recording booth, taking a seat by the controls, grabbing a personalised guitar on the way.

"So what exactly do you guys do in music therapy?", I hear Stewart ask from across the room. He sits directly in-front of me, his eyes scanning the room for answers. Sean sits on the floor in-front on his feet, but his eyes aren't looking around for the answer either. They're fixed. Fixed on one person. A curious but caring look in his eyes, his happy façade dropping for a minute. Why the fuck is he fixated on my sister?

Anger boils in my veins as I watch him stare. He needs to take a step back, right fucking now. My silent rage is paused by Sam's hand resting on my thigh. His eyebrow is raised in argument, a disputed look on his face.

"Don't get mad at Seany, especially not for feeling something. Take your anger and finally realise that your angry because you love her"

I take in his bitter words, swallowing them down like sand. She's been gone from my life for so long, yes I thought about her everyday. But never as much as I thought about Deacon, after all he is my twin. I just thought she was living a good life, living with her brothers in a nice house somewhere. I was so wrong. I hate myself for believing those lies.

I do love her, just not as much as I should. My past thoughts of her life causing me to hate her for how good I fantasised her life to be. Yes, I thought they were dead, but that was better than living in hell. I went through hell, and they ran not once looking back. She doesn't deserve anyone love until she tells me the truth and apologises for leaving. I don't want to trigger her, but I can't help how I feel.