Chapter 10, Why don't you love me?

Calum walks down the street with his earbuds in, listening to music and minding his business. Until his mind wondered about his disagreement with Jessica before he left. He closed his eyes and sighed as he opened his eyes while he looked up to the staring night. He shook his head at the thoughts of her and him ever dating but would she be happier with him? Instead of being with Louis? Calum enters the radio place to meet up with his bandmates. 

Immediately, Calum felt a sharp pain in his forehead as he groaned. His ears begin to ring loudly as his eyes and vision become blurry Luke notice as he sways back and forth. " Are you alright, Cal?" Luke asked in a worried tone. Calum shook his head back and forth, then felt cold on his body as he slowly fell back. 

" CALUM!" 

" Shit! Call 911 now!" 

" Cal, you are gonna be alright." 

Their voices slowly became more distant as his mind blocked them out. 

Calum awoke in a tree house and sat up from the hardwood. He heard voices outside the tree house as he moved towards the window to see Jess with her two older brothers. Then Jess noticed and smiled brightly at him with happiness on her face. " Cal, you fell asleep in the tree house again." She told him as he sighed, got out of the tree house, and climbed down the ladder. " I know, but you could have awoken me up." he implies.  

She sticks her tongue at him, and he does right back at her. Dean is amused by this as he watches them working on the impale while Sam hands him a water bottle. " Good thing she is making friends at school," Sam said as Dean nodded in agreement. " But why does it have to be a boy? " Dean whined as Sam laughed and glanced at them, " Maybe cause she grew up with us so she can handle boys," Sam told him. Dean rolled his eyes in an annoying. " Fair enough, but I trust calum more than Louis." Sam raised an eyebrow at him. 

" Why? " he questioned him, and Dean sighed. " Because he doesn't seem right in the head. " He whispered in a low tone, and Calum heard him as he side glanced at him: then Jess got his attention again as he forced back at her. Why would Dean say that about Louis? Is this before his mom passed away? Calum thought to himself. He closed his eyed. 

When he opened his eyes again to see her and Louis whispering to each other as he took noticed that Jess was glaring at him with anger and annoyance. Then she walks away from him and goes to Calum, standing next to his locker. Calum remembered this day. The day that she had to break up with Alex. 

He followed her into the hallway to see him and her talking to each other, then Alex's eyes turned to sadness. " You told me that you won't break my heart." Jess shook her head and looked at him with regret and sadness " I know, and I'm sorry, but-" he cut her off mid of her sentence " Sorry? That's all you have to say about this?" he narrowed his eyes at her. She stared at him as he stared right back at her. 

" Alex...I-" 

Alex cut her off again as he took a step toward her. " Is this cause of Louis? Is he making you do this?" he questioned her " What? No, this is my own choice to make." She told him as she looked away from him when she said. " Then look me in the eyes, tell me that again," he shouted at her angrily. 

Jess repeated herself again. " I don't believe you," he utters as she hides her true feelings and becomes emotionless. " Well, It's true, and we should break up." She simply said. Alex put his hands on her shoulders and stared at her hazel eyes. He searched for anything emotion and found none. " Jess, Is there something that you aren't telling me?" she stayed quiet. 

He took his hands off of her shoulders and looked away from her. " So you haven't told me everything about you." before she could even stop herself from speaking again, " I can't," she said in a whispering tone. " Why not?" he interrogated her. " Cause It's gonna get you in danger if we continue to date." She answered him with a hint of concern in her voice. " What?" he looked at her with questionable and confusion. 

" I am doing this to keep you safe and sound from Louis." She told him as she took a step toward him. " So he has something to do with this," he mumbles. Jess nodded her head up and down while they both made eye contact with each other. Alex gets annoyed by this, so he lets out a flustered sigh. 

" Then why you didn't tell me when I first asked you in the first place?" 

Jess couldn't take this anymore, so she turned back on her emotion. " Because I am terrified of him, and I rather put myself in danger for you." She spat out. " Can't you just tell him to leave you alone?" she shook her head as she turned away from him and spoke quietly," No, I can't." they both stayed silent, not looking at each other. Calum stared at them as everything began to disappear, and he looked at both sides. 

Then a new memory begins to surround him. Calum sees him and her talking by their lockers as he knows what happened in this memory. " Jess, he is literally in control of your life and blinding you with his 'love,'' he said as he did air quotes around love. Jess slammed her locker shut and side-glanced him. " He isn't doing that. He won't do that." Calum gets even more worried about her as he makes her look him in the eyes as he sees the pleading in her eyes behind the happiness. 

"He playing mind tricks on you, and I don't know why you can't see how much he is controlling your life, " he said in a low tone. Calum searched in her eyes as she pushed him away from her. He looks at her, shocked as her eyes flash red, then back to hazel, then she looks worried. 

" Run." 

Calum nodded and took off running, but he is confusing about why she would be told to run. Calum decides to hide in one of the classrooms. He closed the door behind him and went down to the ground. He heard her footsteps approaching the door as she hummed and turned her attention away from him. 

" Oh, look, It's my ex-boyfriend and friend who hasn't been there for me when I needed her the most." Calum peeks out of the window to see Alex and Brianna. " Jess, this isn't you," she growled as she stared at them when they took a step towards her. " Shut up! " she snarled. Calum walked out of the room and staring her. Jess covers her ears and falls to her knees. 

Brianna and Calum ran over to her, and Calum got in front of her to stare into her eyes. " Jess, look at me, look at me," he tells her as she does what he tells her. He saw her normal eyes back as she blinked away the tears she was holding back. " I am a monster," she spoke softly as Calum shook his head at her. 

" No, you're not a monster. You hear me." Brianna looked towards Alex, standing there frozen in place, and Alex stood still. Brianna looked back at Jess and calum as she talked to them. 

At the far end of the hallway, Louis watched all godown. Louis thought it was amusing to him also how they all cared. What if he just took her away from her family and friends? What would they do then?