Chapter 12, The ghosts of the past.

I woke up in darkness surrounding her with grey and white smoke passing as she sat up. She got up from the cloud-like smoke and looked around the place or something; she didn't know what to call this place if this was a place. Then she hears footsteps approaching her as she turns around to face herself but in a different outfit than she is. " Who are you?" She asks in a questionable and herself gives a smile on her face. 

" I am you, but in a different universe," she answered calmly as Jess looked at her, confused " What? What do you mean by that?" She questioned herself. "We're both in different universes that Louis has put us through. " She walks ahead of her, and Jess follows after her. " What do you mean by that? I am honestly confused about this." Jess speaks honestly while having worry written on her face. " Louis did something to us that was supposed to be gone..and he somehow didn't let us." Jess looked at her and raised an eyebrow, " Gone?" She nods and looks at her, then looks away from her. " Yes, gone. " She walked over to a circle on the wall.

" If you want to see what happened that night, you must trust me enough to show you the truth." I look at her with a more confused " That night..? I don't understand." She looks at me with worry and guilt. " He has erased your memories of that night, so you don't remember it. " I took a step backward from her and had shock written on her face. " Erased my memories? To protect him from what?" She puts her hand on my shoulder. 

She sighed softly and gave me sympathy, " To protect him from the police and hide the truth from you, he just changed history and gave us different lives to live in. But all those lives that we're living...we ended up.." She stopped but spoke again, thinking if she wanted to tell me or not. " Ended up what?" I asked as she sighed and closed her eyes before she opened her back up. " We always ended up dying." she continued as I stared at her in shock. ' I was supposed to die?!' I thought. " But you're still alive, so you change the story and show everyone the truth of what happened that night." She tells me. 

" I just need to see what really happened that day between him and me?" I asked as she nodded and smiled again. I nodded and shrugged my shoulders in an unsure as she patted my shoulder. " But watch out for the hybrid you in this past memory."I look at her " What a hybrid of me?" She just nods. " Yes, It's a wolf and witch hybrid of you but in a different place," she says softly. 

" When you find out what really happens, you can wake up in the real world, confront him about it. Louis is a good person in heart, but he is insane by his father, and you know how his father treated him when he was a kid." I stayed silent and rubbed my arm while looking down in guilt. " You can still save him. " I look back up at her. " How?" She gave me a slight smile and looked hopeful. " Make him see that he can be happier without us being there for him," she tells me. 

I nodded as she looked back at the circle and put her hand on it. She mumbles some words under her breath, and the portal appears with a blurry memory showing up. " If you really want to know about that day, then be ready to see something that scared me and deal with the realization of it." She says in a warning tone, and I nod in understanding. 

I take a deep breath and step through the portal, and the memory becomes clearer. 

I realized I was in the memory until I saw another self appear in front of me. she looked pissed off. " What are you doing here? You're not supposed to know about this memory." She says in a severe tone and across her arms over her chest. " I want to know the truth about what happened that night," I tell her as she seems hesitant to let me see it. " No, I can't let you do that. " I looked at her, annoyed " Why not?" I asked. She looked away from me and at the memory behind her, " Because you're not ready for it, mental. " I raised an eyebrow at her " What do you mean by that? Is it that bad or worse?" She glances back at me " You could say that." I just stared at her. 

' Is it that bad that could affect my mental health? Is she protecting me from it? I just want to know the truth and find out what happened. ' I thought. " Now go back, and never come back." She started to walk away as I snapped out of my thoughts. I went after her and grabbed her arm, making her stop walking and glance at me. " No, I won't. My memory has always been a blurry mess about things that I can't remember, but I want to know everything has happened before that day. I am tired of people telling me stories about my past and discovering much more about me that my brothers don't know about." I let out and breathed heavily from that. 

She chuckled and took her arm out of my grip. " You mean how many you've killed in the years of you in that place. How many times have the people begged you to stop? Yet, you didn't listen or even care. " She narrowed her eyes and left my chin up to look at her. " You don't even remember the times you've murdered that old man that you called the boss and followed his orders to kill people for him." She continues. I stared into her angry eyes " I-I didn't know what I was doing," I stuttered out as she laughed and let go of my chin. " Lame excuse. " She mumbles. 

'' But I guess I can let you see what happens if you want to see your past and how it all went downhill. If you really want to know that badly." She smirks as I think for a moment. Then I look in the eyes " I want to know. " I tell her as she nods. " Fine then, Little naive me, Just say that I didn't warn you about seeing the past." I nod as she disappears from me. 

The memory becomes more clear for me to see it. I am gonna learned the truth about what happened that day.