Chapter 11, Does family really matter?

Dean and Sam walked down the hallway together. " Where is she? She hadn't answered her phone at all when she left. " Dean says, worrying as Sam has this concerned look on his face. " Maybe she doesn't have any wifi. Or something has happened to-" Dean cuts him off mid of his sentence. " Don't you say that, "Dean sternly says to Sam and Sam nods his head in agreement with Dean.  

Sam thinks before he speaks again. " She might be kidnapped, and Louis might've taken her. We both know that she isn't with Calum because he's in the hospital, and we're gonna ask him a few questions about what happened to him before we've realized that she was missing." Sam stated while looking into Dean's eyes as Dean stayed quiet for a minute. " You're right, Sam. " he says as he looks at him " But first, we need to find her before it's too late for her," he tells him. " How are we gonna find her?" Sam questioned him as Dean shrugged his shoulders in an unsure way. 

Dean doesn't know if they could find her or not. Hopefully, he is wrong about it because his thoughts are gonna into a dark place, and he hasn't been doing good mental health. Dealing with Jess's issues and protecting Sam from Lucifer, Dean has abandoned his self-care and mental state to keep his two siblings safe and sound. Dean remembers what his father told him before he left, and he promised to keep them safe. He needs to do that. It was mainly an order from his father and then a telling him to do that. 

"Remember to keep Sam and Jess safe and sound, alright?" John said as he looked at Dean, who looked back at them rather than his dad. " Yes, sir, I understand.'' John smiled, petted his head, and walked out of the motel door. Dean went to lock the door and turned around to see them still watching tv in the small living room. Sam looked away from the tv to look at him, " Where is dad gonna?" He asked as Dean thought of something to tell him, like a lie to him but more like a cover-up for his father. Dean knows that dad hasn't told them about being a hunter yet, and John is waiting until they're older so he can say to them about it. 

Dean continued to go in his head until he heard a snap of fingers, and he shaked his head; he blinked and looked at Sam, whose worrying face. " What happened? Is everything alright?" Sam nodded. " yeah, but you spaced out on us when I asked where dad is gonna." Dean gave them a reassuring smile. " I am fine, and he went to get something that could be awhile or a week, but it depends on what he will do." Sam has short brown hair that goes to his neck, while Dean's hair is short and browner, unlike Sam's hair, and Jess is only 4 years old, so her hair is mid-long. 

" dad left us again. Why is he always leaving us?" Sam questioned him. " I can't tell you if I wanted you to," Dean answered as Sam stared at him. " Why not? I have the right to know about dad if he hides something from us." Sam argued as Dean let out a flustered sigh. " Like I said, I can't tell you, so leave it alone," Dean said through his teeth while sitting on the chair beside a small table near the window. Sam has experienced Dean's annoying side when he gets like this, so Sam kept his mouth shut about asking where his dad went and why he did. 

Dean always hates when he lies to Sam or Jess over the years they're growing up together, while Dean becomes a rebel kid that he had run away from his dad when he was a teenager. 

He went to a farmhouse as an old man took him inside the farmhouse. " You ran away from home? Why?" he hands him a cup of water, and Dean takes it. " Just need to get away from it." The old man raised an eyebrow, " From what exactly?" Dean looked at the floor, then back at him. " From family problems. In like a beginning a big brother." The old man nodded and looked at him for a moment, then he took a sip of his drink then cleared his throat. " Too much to handle? You just want to get out and be free for a day or more." Dean just nodded his head, and the old man just observed him. 

" You reminded me of me when I was your age, but I can tell that you still care for them even if they get on your nerves. You still love them so much." The old man pointed out as Dean smiled a little and looked away from him. " Yeah, I do," He looked back at him " Heh, I understand how to be a big brother and how hard it is, too," he added as Dean rubbed his fingers together and listened to The old man. 

Dean remembered when Jess snapped him out and how they'd argued with each other about his mental, and she cared about him so much. 

Jess chased after him as Dean could hear her approaching him." Dean, come on, talk to us or one of us. We're worried about you." Dean looked at her and shook his head; Jess stopped moving and stared at him. " You wouldn't understand. " She took a step towards him, " I would if you just tell me and trust me enough to talk about it. You're not fine, Dean." He looked at her, shocked. How did she figure that out? He didn't tell nobody about it at all. 

" How? How do you know if I am fine or not?" Jess looked him in the eyes. " Because I am your sister and can tell when you're lying to us. You always want to put yourself before your own mental health and yourself, and mental health is more important than risking your life for Sam and me." She spoke up as Dean just stared at him and then looked angry. " When do you suddenly start to care about me and my mental health? You or Sam never acted like you two cared until now. " He said as she shook her head and looked at him. " We've always cared about you and worried about you since you've risked your own damn life so Sam and I can get a happy life, and you don't. You needed a happy life when you got out of this life to live with Ben and Lisa; I saw the most contentment on your face, then you left them because of the danger. " they stared at each other as Dean blinked and looked at her like she just called him out. 

Jess took another step toward him. " And you're feelings for Castiel. " He felt his cheeks turn red. " How did you figure that out?" she hummed and smiled at him. " I can just tell. But listen to me about it, alright?" he nodded his head, and Jess hugged him. He hugged her back. 

Jess was the first to discover that I had a crush on Cas, and Sam learned about it sooner after she did, and they supported me for being bisexual.