Chapter 7

The next day, Tanjiro set off for final selection. You would be lying if you said you weren't worried for him. He's your friend and you hated friends getting hurt or leaving your life permanently.

When you mention him as a friend, deep down why does it hurt? Why is there a slight pain in your chest when you name him that?

You shrugged it off as you went to check on Nezuko, who has been asleep for 2 years and 6 months. You walked into her room before seeing her curled up up in the corner of the room, a blanket over her head and wrapped around her body. She was awake.

As soon as she saw you, her eyes widened before dropping the blanket and running over to you before embracing you in a tight hug. You hugged back, happy and relieved that she's awake,
" I'm glad you're back, Nezuko, it was really boring without you,"

Yoriichi and Sabito, who appeared out of nowhere, crossed their arms with a small pout as Sabito stated,
" Now that's just rude,"

You held in a laugh before pulling away and holding Nezuko's hand and taking her to the living room. You both sat beside each other before explaining,
" Tanjiro has gone to final selection! He's completed his training,"

She nodded, her expression happy for him but her eyes filled with worry. She's feeling the exact same way you do. She shrunk into her toddler size before crawling over to you and sitting in your lap, nuzzling her face into your shoulder.

You wrapped your arms around her since you knew she wanted attention and comfort. You broke the silence,
" Tanjiro will be fine, he's a strong and independent boy, I know he'll make it,"

She hummed in appreciation, enjoying your warm embrace. She remembered faintly of you playing with her and her siblings, she remembered the kimonos you both sewed and designed together and the late nights. She remembered it all, and it made her want to protect you more.

You felt chills go down your spine as you sensed a demon presence a few minutes away from the cabin, but it wasn't any ordinary demon. You stood up, placing Nezuko on the blanket with a smile,
" I'll be right back, okay? "

She nodded before you left the cabin and followed the scent very cautiously. You stopped when you heard a twig snap on the ground behind the bushes in front of you.

The bushes began to ruffle before someone walked out, and you never imagined to see him again.

It was Kokushibo.

You ran up to him and hugged him tightly, having to slightly jump in the process due to how tall he is. He hugged back, wrapping his arms around you as you asked,
" What are you doing here? If Urokodaki sees you it'll end in a fight,"

He chuckled and ruffled your hair,
" Don't worry, I've hidden my aura, I've come to bring news about master. He's hidden the fact that he wants to marry you in 2 years. He knows he will soon be defeated, which is why he needs offspring to continue his rampage when he dies,"

You were shocked and speechless as anger and hatred built within you. You clenched your fists in anger as Yoriichi and Sabito looked at each other.

A burning anger coursed through their veins towards Muzan, their anger increasing by the second. They hated the fact that he thinks he can control you and consider you as a weapon under his command.

You calmed yourself down as you inhaled, releasing your anger before looking at Kokushibo with a smile,
" Thank you for telling me, do you really have to go? I would prefer you here, you're like a big brother and if Muzan finds out about you telling me, he'll kill you in a second,"

He hesitated as you gave him your famous puppy eyes, which no upper moon could resist. Kokushibo wanted to go with you, he really did, but that would mean you would become an even bigger target.

He sighed heavily before giving in,
" Alright, I'll stay and protect you,"

You quickly hugged him in happiness,
" Yes! Thank you,"

You brought him back to the cabin before walking inside with Kokushibo, alarming Urokodaki and Nezuko.

Urokodaki grabbed his katana as Nezuko's eyes turned to slits and her nails grew longer, she must think You've been captured by him. You quickly stood in front of him protectively,
" Stop, he's a friend, I know he's an upper moon but he's here to help and protect me, I want him here,"

They hesitated before settling down as you went over and sat next to Nezuko. She growled quietly as she shrank and sat in your lap once again, glaring at Kokushibo before snuggling into your grasp.

Kokushibo sat beside you both, feeling slightly awkward. He's never been in a situation like this, he never expected to be in one either.

                    ///////————-//////

Meanwhile with the upper moons, they were bowing in respect in front of their master, scared for their life on his murderous rampage.

He found out about Kokushibo leaving and has figured out why, he was beating furious. He was so mad that his aura hit the upper moons like a wave, sending shivers down their spine.

He gritted his teeth in anger,
" So you're telling me that Kokushibo chose to stand by Y/n's side and protect Y/n?!"

They all nodded, making his anger increase before he dismissed them all. Daki looked at Gyutaro with a nervous look, almost as if she wanted to say something, until she finally did,
" Is it just me or am I on Kokushibo's side with this? I don't blame him for protecting Y/n,"

Akaza and Douma glanced at each other before nodding, agreeing what she's saying. Y/n has been kind and caring to them, almost like a little sister would treat their siblings.

Daki asked,
" What if we join them?"