Chapter 38

Y/n's POV

You and Tanjiro were walking down the pathway with your demon friends trailing behind. Daki was whining to her brother that she wasn't getting the attention she wanted, whereas Douma was complaining to Akaza that he was sleepy, who were growing sick of his blonde friend.

You and Tanjiro stopped to see Haganezuka a few feet away, but he didn't look happy. In fact, he held two daggers with a murderous aura, like a predator with its prey.

He began to chase Tanjiro around whilst yelling,
" YOU FOOL! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU LOSING YOUR SWORD?!! THAT DESERVES DEATH!"

Ignoring Tanjiro's yells for forgiveness, he continued to chase him around the path. The demons just laughed at the scene, finding it amusing. You had to admit, it was quite funny.

The chasing happened until dawn.

////////———————////////

Almost 4 months have passed since the mugen train mission, ever since that day you, Tanjiro and his friends have been training endlessly. You weren't interested in total concentration breathing but you still wanted to remain physically strong.

Your demon friends have been asleep for a few week now in your room, which worried you slightly. You had to remind yourself that they were regaining their strength, but it didn't calm your nerves.

Killua has been training also, along with Alluka. She wanted to become stronger but Killua hated it when she trained to long. He didn't want her to be in the same endless training experience he did.

Tanjiro returned from a solo mission to hear a commotion happening in the butterfly estate garden. He went to see what was happening to see you glaring at a certain sound pillar.

Uzui had Aoi under his arm, who seemed to be carrying her without any trouble. Uzui looked at you before disappearing in an instant. You felt a presence behind you before you were thrown over his shoulder.

" LET Y/N AND AOI GO!"

" YOU KIDNAPPER!"

" PUT THEM DOWN!"

Uzui just rolled his eyes at the three girls complaining,
" Shut up, you're to loud,"

Tanjiro clenched his fists at the sight of his girlfriend being kidnapped by a hashira, an arrogant one at that. Seeing you in another guys arms without your consent made his blood boil, especially when you didn't like his touch.

Tanjiro asked in anger,
" What are you doing with those girls?! Especially Y/n?!"

Naho, Kiyo and Sumi attacked Uzui whilst yelling at him to let you both go. This made him irritated as he struggled to get them all of him.

" You brats!"

Whilst Uzui was distracted, Tanjiro ran up to him before going in for a headbutt, but his plan didn't end well. Before his head hit his, Uzui vanished completely.

Tanjiro looked around in shock to see Uzui was on top part of the estate, with you both still in his grasp. He glared at Tanjiro,
" I'm Uzui Tengen, a former ninja, do you really think a ridiculous headbutt could defeat me?"

You rolled your eyes at his arrogance, not bothering to escape. You weren't wasting your time and talent on a fool like him.

Tanjiro yelled at him,
" LET GO OF Y/N AND AOI YOU JERK!"

" YEAH YOU PERVERT!"

Uzui glared at them all but surprised by their sudden insults. He was taken aback by the sudden confrontation,
" You brats! I'm your superior officer! I'm a hashira you jerk,"

Tanjiro puffed out his cheeks, getting irritated that you still remained in someone elses arms,
" I don't recognise you as a hashira!"

That was Uzui's last straw of patience as he yelled at Tanjiro, making you wince at all the yelling and drama that was unfolding.

" SO WHAT IF YOU DON'T RECOGNISE ME?! YOU'RE JUST AN UNDERLING! HAS YOUR BRAIN EXPLODED?!"

' Inosuke, that you? ' You thought to yourself since he always calls you the same name. You laughed quietly to yourself at your own jokes flowing through your head.

Uzui was informed by the three girls that Aoi wasn't a corps member, so he ended up throwing her away like she was nothing. Aoi screamed at the sudden action as she fell from the roof, but was caught by Tanjiro.

She thanked him as he placed her down as he glared at Uzui with pure hatred and malice. He hated it when someone treated girls without respect. He had just snapped his last straw of patience also.

His anger was fuelled by Uzui spanking you on the ass. Tanjiro gritted his teeth in anger as he appeared behind Uzui, surprising the hashira, before kicking him in the back. He didn't sense or hear his attack.

Tanjiro grabbed you before holding you close in a protective manner, glaring at every move Uzui makes,
" Never touch my girlfriend again!"

You thanked him before kissing him on the cheek, which made his hold on you become less strong. He looked down at you with a smile before kissing your temple.

Inosuke and Zenitsu appeared at each side of him, volunteering to come to the mission instead. You accepted since you didn't like to go on mission without your friend or boyfriend by your side.

                 ///////——————//////

The four of you walked down the path with Uzui, ready to go to the mission. You needed to place your demon friends into a box soon. Luckily, Daki and Gyutaro woke up a few minutes ago. This saved room in the box you had to carry around with you.

Zenitsu asked,
" Where are we going?"

Uzui turned around with a smirk,
" The flashiest place in Japan, steeped lust and avarice. It's an entertainment district where demons dwell,"