Chapter 27

The four upper moons waited patiently for their master to leave, trying to keep their thoughts to themselves the best they could. They were nervous that the plan wouldn't work, one wrong move and they'll be killed on the spot.

They watched as their master left the infinity fortress, leaving the room to be filled with the phantom troupe and Illumi. They were now their problem and it will take skill to lie to them and make them believe it.

Daki looked at Douma from across the room and nodded, signaling him it was time for action. He just nodded with his usual grin as he walked up to a phantom troupe member, Machi.

He grinned as he pulled out his fan,
" I, Daki, Gyutaro and Akaza thought it would be a good idea to split up and look for the girl whilst it's dark out,"

Machi looked at the Phantom Troupe, who just shrugged in response. Hisoka narrowed his eyes at the demon, his suspicion getting the best of him.

Hisoka commented,
" The more demons out there the better, am I right? I think they should go?"

Douma and the other upper moons felt relieved that one of them agreed with him. The rest thought for a moment before nodding and letting them walk out of the Infinity Fortress.

They were now in the woods with a proud look on their face, their plan had worked. Akaza looked at Daki,
" Do you know where Y/n is?"

She nodded,
" Follow me,"

They then ran at the speed of lightning towards a certain direction, not noticing a certain clown following them with a smirk. He knew exactly what they were up to.

                  ///////————-///////

You were brushing your hair in your room at the butterfly estate before you felt a powerful aura coming straight towards you. The weird thing was though was that you felt like they have no intention to hurt you.

You looked at Kokushibo and Rui, who were fast asleep on your futon in their child form.

You climbed out of your window, lifting yourself onto the roof, only to meet four of the upper moons. You were attacked into a tight embrace by Daki,
" I've missed you so much!!"

You just hugged back with a chuckle before turning your gaze at the three male upper moons. You had your sword with you, so if they planned to attack, you were ready.

You asked,
" What are they doing here? You do realize your in the territory of a Hashira right?"

They nodded as Gyutaro spoke, responding to your question,
" We wanted to join you, like Kokushibo and Rui did, we feel like it's a safer and more comfortable option,"

You narrowed your eyes in suspicion, but you sensed nothing but truth coming out of his words. You sighed, knowing that you'll have to get more futons put into your room, and possible another wooden box as you all climbed through your bedroom window.

Your door barged open to see Shinobu and Tanjiro with their swords drawn. They turned to see all the upper moons chilling in your room.

You felt Shinobu's anger rise more than ever when she looked at Douma. She was that angry that veins began to pop out of her head.

You stepped in front of them all in a protective stance,
" They're with us! They just told me that they want to be allies, so here they are,"

Tanjiro sighed in relief of the fact that your safe as he walked over and pulled you into a hug. He kissed your forehead as you glanced over to a pissed Shinobu.

She stormed off, both anger and sorrow could be sensed in her aura as you looked at where she left with a worried look. Douma slowly backed away, trying to hide behind Akaza.

You turned to face Douma with your arms crossed,
" Douma, what did you do?"

He chuckled nervously as sweat dripped down his forehead,
" I may have killed her sister in the past, I think, but I'm not going to kill again!"

You let out a sigh before following Shinobu, to see her sat on the roof, staring at the stars. For once, she didn't have a smile on her face. Her usual kind act was now gone.

You sat beside her, the silence almost deafening as you took your kimono off and placed it on her shoulders, protecting her from the cold.

She thanked you with a slight smile as you wrapped an arm over her shoulder, pulling her into a side hug.

You exclaimed,
" You know it's alright for you to let it out, stop hiding your sorrow,"

She was quiet for a moment before you heard silent sobbing in your grasp. She placed her head on your shoulder as she whimpered, her lip trembling. You tightened the hug as tears streamed down her cheeks.

She sobbed,
" I just miss her, so much. Her name was Kanae, I would do anything to see her again,"

You nodded as you wiped her tears with your sleeve,
" She may be gone, but she isn't truly gone,"

She looked at you as you pointed to her chest, right above where her heart is. You continued,
" She's right here, you can keep her alive by doing what you do best,"

She nodded as she sniffled with a sad smile, her cheeks stained with tears. You reminded her of Kanae, always kind and there for others. Your warmth matched her hugs, which is why Shinobu never let go of the hug.

Shinobu's eyes began to get heavy as she soon fell asleep, her body leaning against yours. You chuckled before picking her up bridal style and carrying her to her room. You placed her in your futon until you felt a presence behind you, but it wasn't clear.

You turned around to see a transparent girl, her hair pin looking like Shinobu's just a different color. She had the same kind smile and colored eyes like Shinobu.

You looked at her in shock as she spoke, her voice echoing slightly,
" Thank you, Y/n,"

She then faded away, leaving you in a shocked state.

What just happened?