Chapter 25

A/N:
Sorry this chapter is late, I haven't been well all week due to a really bad cold. Sorry for the wait.

——————————————————————-

Y/n was sat outside, the night air filling your lungs. You had a large, blue blanket over your shoulders, protecting you from the ice, cold air.

The stars twinkled like small diamonds, tge sky was vibrant, a mixture of purple, blue and slight pink.

You loved staring at the night sky, you foind it peaceful amd relaxing. There was no demon trying to kill you or anyone to shout at you. You felt free.

You heard someone walk over and sit beside you. Turning your head, your gaze met the gaze of a worried Tanjiro.

He asked, concern laced in his tone,
" Are you okay? What are you doing out here? "

Normally, when you were caught star gazing, you would be told to go back inside, but Tanjiro never said or did that. In fact, he joined you but was more interested and curious in you than the stars.

He broke the peaceful silence,
" You know, if you ever decided to use a breathing technique, I think it would be star breathing,"

You giggled at his suggestion, not noticing his cheeks turning pink in response. He noticed how your eyes sparkled at the stars, making you more beautiful than you already are.

He sat there for a moment, deep in thought. He was wondering if this was the time to confess towards you, which rattled his nerves. He was worried you'll reject or admit you didn't return the feelings

He sucked up his nerves before confessing,
" Y/n, I have something to tell you and I don't know how you'll react,"

You looked at him with curiosity laced in your gaze. You placed a hand on his in a comforting manner,
" You can tell me anything, Tanjiro,"

He nodded, seeming slightly hesitant. He reached his hand out and and placed it on your cheek, his thumb sweetly rubbing agaisnt your soft skin.

Your heart rate began to increase rapidly as your cheeks began to warm up. He slowly placed one hand on the side of your waist before pulling you close.

Before you knew it his lips met yours. You let out a surprise gasp at his sudden action, noticing how his hold on you was strong yet gentle.

He pulled away after a few minutes with a blush dusted on his cheeks. You were shocked by his action as he exclaimed,
" I like you, more than a friend, I've always liked you. You're a strong, beautiful, independent woman and I admire that about you. Please will you be my girlfriend and soon to be wife?"

You were speechless as you stared at your hands. You knew your parents wouldn't like the idea of you being with someone they don't want you to be with. You decided that you weren't letting them get in the way of your future.

You nodded with a smile,
" Of course, Tanjiro. I'll be your girlfriend,"

The brightest smile appeared on his face as he pulled you into a tight embrace. He sighed in relief, glad that you had accepted his love for you.

He pulled away with a hesitant expression of the question he was about to ask. You knew he was going to ask something and you waited for the question.

He asked,
" Please can I see the scars on your back? I'm curious. You don't have to though if you don't want to",

You gave a hesitant expression, knowing that the scars are your insecurity, and you find it embarrassing. You wouldn't let anyone else see them other than Tanjiro. You trusted him a lot since he's a kind and respectful boy.

You nodded,
" Okay, but not outside since it's cold,"

He gave you a nod as you both travelled to his room, closing the door behind you. You both sat on his bed as you let out a heavy sigh and began to unfasten your kimono.

You turned your back towards him as you felt your kimono slip off your top area, to reveal your sports bra underneath. He gasped as he saw the long, scars that covered most of your back. He even noticed some curved slightly and went towards your stomach.

He gently traced the marks on your skin, sending shivers down your spine. He felt sick to the stomach at the thought of parents doing something like this to their own child. When he has future kids, he would never even think of bringing harm upon them like this.

You placed your kimono back on before facing him again,
" That is what my parents called training,"

He gave you a sympathetic look,
" I-I'm sorry you had to go through that,"

You shook your head with a small chuckle before yawning, your eyes feeling heavy. Tanjiro noticed your tiredness before getting up and walked over to a small cub hoard in the room.

He opened it to pull out a spare, folded blue futon before unfolding it and placing it beside his.

He smiled,
" You can sleep here tonight, your tired and the company would be nice,"

You nodded before getting comfortable in the futon, along with Tanjiro doing the same, before you both fell into a deep slumber.