Chapter 23

( I forgot Kokushibo was also with Nezuko, so imagine he's there too in the wooden box 😭 )

The Hashira watched closely at the scene in front of them, wondering what was going to happen next.

Nezuko clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palm, hard enough to make herself bleed. It took all of her power to not attack you, if she would she'd never forgive herself.

Kokushibo and Rui did the same as they both glanced at  Tanjiro's expression, it was mixed with worry. This brought an uneasy feeling to their gut as Nezuko remembered her deceased family and best friend. Urokodaki's words echoed through her mind.

' Humans must be protected. Don't harm them. Demons are the ones you kill. '

She took her haori off, wrapping it gently around the deep wound. Her actions surprised the Hashira as Tanjiro let out a relived sigh. You patted their heads, causing them to lean into your touch,
" I knew I always believed in you,"

She gave you a happy hum, feeling proud of herself for completing the test successfully before shrinking and crawling back into their box.

As one of the twins explained to Kagaya what happened, you went back into the sunlight with the box on your back, protecting them from any other anger issued Hashira.

As Kagaya explained about how you could be trusted, you were startled by the sudden appearance of two ghosts. Luckily, it wasn't a physical reaction, so no one suspected you.

Sabito was stood there along with Yoriichi, who you haven't seen in 2 years. He disappeared for a while, not telling where he went. He didn't need to though considering he's a ghost and doesn't need permission to go anywhere.

You were surprised to see him, you thought he would stay behind in the woods with Makomo. He noticed your confused expression before standing beside you,
" We'll talk later,"

You focused your attention back onto the meeting as Kagaya stated, the smile never leaving his face,
" Tanjiro Kamado and Y/n have been in contact with Muzan Kinutsuji, "

The Hashira couldn't hold back a surprise gasp as they looked at you both with shocked expressions. They then began to ask loads of questions at once, causing you to sigh heavily. You were not in the mood for this.

Kagaya placed his finger on his lips, signaling them to be quiet, which they obliged with in seconds. Kagaya explained,
" Even though Nezuko is a demon, I hope you all except her as if she was human, the same goes with upper moon 1 and lower moon 5,"

The pillars looked at each other with uncertainty, hesitating on his proposal. Suddenly, you began to get a sharp pain in your head, causing you to clutch the sides of your head.

This didn't go unnoticed by everyone as you began to get flashes of your older brother, Illumi along with Hisoka. Your eyes widened as you saw most of the phantom Troupe behind them, worst of all, they were siding with Muzan.

The pain stopped as you stared at the floor, shaking your head in disbelief before facing Killua,
" We have a problem, a really big problem,"

He nodded as he walked over with Gon and Kurapika as the pillars listened intently. Gon asked worriedly, glancing at Killua. He had a serious expression on his face, usually indicating that this was no joke.

Killua asked,
" What's wrong?"

You replied,
" The Phantom Troupe are here and have sided with Muzan, along with Illumi and Hisoka,"

Gon gasped as he looked at Kurapika, noticing his contacts blocking the bright, red glow thats forming. Alluka began to sob, scared that she will be taken, but more importantly you,
" What will we do? They might be coming after Nanika still, especially Y/n,"

Kagaya asked, interrupting the conversation, his voice laced with worry and curiosity,
" May I ask who this Phantom Troupe and Nanika is?"

You and Killua exchanged glances, hesitating wether you should explain to them that you're practically from another world. He nodded, signaling you to just tell him.

You explained everything, how you're from a high family of assassins, who the phantom Troupe is and that you're all from another dimension.

This surprised the pillars along with Kagaya, not expecting such shocking yet interesting news. You held Alluka's hand,
" You all also need to protect Alluka, if Kibutsuji finds out and gets her hands on her, the results could be catastrophic,0

Sanemi scoffed, glaring at you,
" How could a little kid like her be dangerous? She's like 11 years old!"

Killua sent a glare at him, sending shivers down his spine. You explained,
" This is because she holds a power like no other, the power to grant wishes by obeying three demands. She's called Nanika, but there's a catch. If the wish is large, the next demands will get harder until it's impossible to obey. If you don't obey them, you along with your friends and blood line will be killed,"

The Hashira fought back the nervous feeling in their gut as they stared at the little girl. It was surprising how much appearances can deceive who people truly are.

Kagaya requested for them to see Nanika, which you obliged with and asked her to come out. The Hashira watched as her skin turned as white as snow and her eyes turned pitch black, as if they were just sockets.

Nanika hugged you tightly,
" I've missed you, Y/n,"

You chuckled before hugging back,
" I've missed you to,"

As the twins explained what happened, Kagaya fully trusted you both and ordered the Hashira to protect you and Alluka from any threat that may appear. He knew if she had the power to grant wishes, then Muzan will want her to obey his wishes.

Alluka came back as the meeting ended, resulting in Tanjiro being picked up by one of the Kakushi. You all walked back to the butterfly estate to see your friends, hoping they were alright.

Tanjiro was placed on a bed alongside yours with Zenitsu and Inosuke on his side. He looked at you with a sad expression,
" Why didn't you tell me this sooner?"