Chapter 42

Y/n's POV

You asked Killua in an annoyed tone,
" Why did you come here?! You've put yourself and your friends in danger!"

He sighed heavily, clearly expecting you to scold him from his actions,
" I know, but I had no choice. Alluka missed you and Gon set her off by mentioning you,

You sent Gon a small glare, who just chuckled nervously in response,
" You do realize we're dealing with a high leveled demon? An upper rank to be exact?"

Killua looked at the floor, clearly disappointed in himself for not doing anything about the situation. Now he was concerned for both Alluka, you, and his friends. Sure, they've fought through many tough battles in their world, but demons are a whole new thing.

You calmed yourself down slightly before inhaling deeply,
" As long as you stay out of my way and leave, I'm fine. I don't want you getting hurt,"

Killua nodded before grabbing Alluka's hand before walking off into the distance. He decided to stay in the town, just to keep an eye on you. He stayed inside a hotel that was just outside of town, making sure to follow your orders.

You kissed Tanjiro on the cheek and said your goodbyes before heading back to the Ogimoto house with Inosuke.

//////—————//////

You walked into the room were Inosuke is to see was waiting impatiently for someone. Before you could ask who he was waiting for, he jumped and smashed his head through the wooden ceiling.

You rolled your eyes at his behavior whilst holding back a laugh. The muscle mice appeared inside and gave Inosuke his katanas and boar mask. He jumped back down, feeling more determined now that he felt like himself again.

He yelled,
" LORD INOSUKE IS COMING THROUGH!"

He barged down the shoji doors with you following behind him. You had a feeling that something bad was going to happen, and that it wasn't just a demon that was going to be a threat. But what?

Since it was night, you could finally see your demon friends again. Douma practically hugged you until you could barely breathe, ignoring Daki's whines of jealousy.

You just chuckled, missing their behaviour as you hugged them all, even Kokushibo.

/////———-////

Tanjiro's POV

He followed the intoxicating scent of a demon down the street, which led him to a specific building. The scent was vile, it was so strong it felt like he couldn't breathe from it.

He opened the shoji windows, expecting to find Koinatsu , but his eyes widened at the sight. There stood a beautiful yet intimidating female demon.

Her hair was as black as midnight with dark green highlights. She had snakes wrapped around her waist that were long, to long for them even to be normal snakes.

They hissed at the sight of Tanjiro. She wore a black kimono that ended just above her knees. Her eyes were piercingly red, reminding him of the demon king.

She asked,
" Are you a demon hunter? I can tell you're not a hashira, you seem to weak to be one,"

His gaze travelled to Koinatsu, who was embraced tightly by multiple snakes that slithered around her form. The problem was that her body was no where to be seen, and yet there was no sight or scent of blood. This confused Tanjiro greatly, but he knew that it wasn't the main problem right now.

The demon chuckled menacingly,
" In case you're wondering, I only devour arrogant and foolish people. They don't deserve to exist if they care more about themself than others,"

She smells like an upper rank, but Y/n is friends with most of them. Have one of them been replaced?

Tanjiro glared at her as he unsheathed his katana,
" Let that poor woman go! "

The demon glared at Tanjiro with hatred and annoyance as her snakes charged at him at an incredible speed,
" Who the hell do you think you're talking to?!"

The impact of the snakes caused Tanjiro to fly back and land in the building across the street. The sound of a crash was heard from his fall as dust emerged from the now damaged building.

She's so fast. I couldn't even see her moves.

He coughed slightly before forcing himself to get up, feeling no energy left within his limbs. He snapped himself out of his moment of weakness before standing up.

The reason why I can't move is because I'm afraid. I just need to calm down.

He quickly thought of you and just like that, his fear washed away completely. He felt determination and courage rise within him, almost as if you were giving him strength.

That demon's weapon is her snakes. They can devour people instantly and trap them inside their shedded snake skin.

He thought as she watched the demon emerge from the building. She glared at him, but a smirk still remained,
" You're stronger than I thought, I guess I wouldn't mind a challenge,"

Tanjiro placed Nezuko's box down, otherwise it will break from another attack. He told her to stay inside the box unless she feels as if her life is in danger. Nezuko glanced at where her brother's voice was heard in worry. She was worried for his safety.

Water breathing; fourth form: Striking tide, Turbulent!

Water emerged from his blade as he sliced and dodged the venomous snakes. His movements were fast and quick, but also elegant. He sliced the snake that had captured Koinatsu within its scales and skin, saving her life.

They both landed on the floor as she spoke,
" Consider me impressed. Your combat skills aren't half bad,"

He began to doubt himself for a few moments, wondering if he could fight her without the help of his friends and girlfriend. He pointed his katana at her with a glare, knowing that he bad no choice but to fight alone for now.

The female demon just smirked in amusement.