Chapter 8

The demons looked at each other, shocked and surprised by her suggestion. They thought about it carefully, they would love to have the feeling of freedom, but they knew their master wouldn't allow it.

Akaza sighed, deciding to talk about this later otherwise the other upper moons would get suspicious,
" We'll talk about this later, for now let's just keep our heads low, "

They nodded in agreement before walking away from each other, deep in thought.

Should they betray their master and join with Y/n?

//////————-//////

After a week, you and Nezuko were chilling with your head on Kokushibo's shoulder when she shot up and ran out the cabin, much to your confusion.

You looked at Kokushibo, who just shrugged in response. You sighed before getting up and leaving the cabin, to feel a wave of happiness and excitement wash over you.

Tanjiro was on the floor, hugging Nezuko tightly and crying happily that she was alive and well. You couldn't help but contain your tears as you ran over to him and pulled him in a tight hug, shocking him for a moment before relaxing into your touch.

You stated,
" I - I'm so glad you're safe, "

He nodded and hugged you tighter, if that was even possible. He misses your warmth and embraces, he missed your beautiful scent and the glimmer in your eyes every time the sun shown brightly in your gaze.

You noticed he was wounded as you activated your power. A red light surrounded your hands before doing the same around Tanjiro. He gasped as the light travelled around his bruised, cut body. The pain and aching he felt on his body vanished completely.

He let out a relief sigh that he didn't know was holding in as he leant against you out of exhaustion, his body begging him to have some food and rest.

You chuckled before placing his arm over your shoulder and helping him in the cabin. His body tensed once he saw Kokushibo in the corner of the cabin with his arms crossed, leaning against the wall.

You exclaimed,
" Relax Tanjiro, he's a friend, he's on our side,"

He hesitated before trusting your decision and nodding as you helped him sit beside the fire. Urokodaki gave him a bowl of soup for him to eat before bed.

You yawned quietly before getting up,
" I'm gonna head to bed, I've had a long day today,"

They all nodded as Nezuko and Kokushibo walked into the room with you and closed the door behind you. You snuggled yourself into the futon as Nezuko snuggled into your stomach, her head resting on your higher stomach.

Kokushibo slept in a futon beside you both, wanting to protect you at all cost, almost like a guard at night. You began to fall asleep with Nezuko before drifting off into a deep slumber.

Meanwhile with Tanjiro, he was enjoying the soup he was made, the hunger in his stomach vanishing, which relived his stomach pain.

Tanjiro asked in curiosity,
" What has Y/n been up to for the last week? She looked really exhausted,"

Urokodaki sighed and sipped some of his tea before responding,
" The pendant that she found that allows her to walk in the sun, she's been experimenting on it, trying to figure a way to make more for Nezuko and Kokushibo. It takes a lot of power from her but she never gives up,"

Tanjiro chuckled, he would be lying if he said he wasn't worried for you. He knew the price you had to pay for using to much of your power, severe exhaustion and stomach pain.

They talked about Kibutsuji and about upper moons, it was crazy to them both that there was one in the room with Y/n.

15 days later, you woke up to a pair off bells ringing non stop outside, getting closer and closer every second. You whined and buried your face into your pillow, covering your ears.

Kokushibo basically dragged you out bed as you went to see what it was. Tanjiro was sat in the living room holding a Katana, the blade was as black as midnight.

You yawned, rubbing your tired eyes,
" Did I miss a chapter? What's with the katana?"

You sat beside Tanjiro and placed your head on his shoulder, to tired to think. His cheeks dusted pink as he smiled down at you before asking,
" Y/n, did you get enough sleep last night?"

You hummed in response before realising he asked a question as you replied,
" Yeah, I did, this is just the affect of my power when I use it to much, yay me,"

He chuckled at your sarcastic comment but was still worried for you. You look exhausted, like you haven't slept in days.

He informed,
" You can go back to sleep now, if you want. You need more rest and time for your energy to regain itself,"

You thanked him before closing your eyes and dozing off immediately. Kokushibo narrowed his eyes at Tanjiro in suspicion before breaking the silence between them,
" You like her, don't you?"

He looked at him, surprised by the question before gulping nervously as he looked away. The blush on his cheeks said it all as he glanced down at your sleeping form.

Kokushibo got the message before glaring at him,
" If you ever do get together, you better treat her right, if not then I'll decapitate you right here and now and use your head as a trophy,"

Tanjiro held back his nerves as he nodded, understanding the threat he just had to face,
" I will, I promise,"

Urokodaki walked into the room with two wooden boxes that had straps on the back. He placed them in front of Tanjiro before glancing at you, knowing he's going to have to be quiet.

He whispered, but loud enough for him to hear,
" These boxes will contain Nezuko and Kokushibo during the day without them burning, Y/n can just use the pendant,"

Tanjiro thanked him with a kind smile before slowly sitting up, scooping you up gently. He held you in bridal style before walking into your room and placing you in your futon as he watched you snuggle into it immediately.

He smiled at her cuteness before kissing your forehead and leaving the room, quietly leaving the room before getting ready for his next mission.