Chapter 15

Somewhere else

The moon illuminated in the night sky, looking down at the eerie forest below. The crickets were filling the forests silence as the ice, cold breeze ruffled the trees.

Suddenly, the breeze began to increase slightly as a flickering light of blue emerged in thin air. It began to enlarge, forming into a circle shape, the light flickering like a thousand fireworks.

Two people stepped out as the portal closed behind them. One of them played with their cards, elegantly flipping it through finger to finger.

He asked,
" So, what's so great about your little sister?"

Illumi looked at Hisoka, no emotion in his face before sighing heavily, moving a strand of his long, black hair out of his face,
" Y/n is powerful, the second most powerful in the family. She possesses a strange and unknown power, the ability of telekinesis and mind manipulation. None of us knew how she got the power, all we know is that she would make a great heir to the family,"

Hisoka hummed in response, quite interested in you before a shadow caught his attention. He narrowed his eyes in a certain spot, watching as a person ran behind the trees at the speed of lightning.

Illumi began to feel a heavy and strong aura from behind a tree, shivers lacing down his spine from the deadly aura. He declared, no emotion written in his voice,
" Come out, we know you're there,"

Footsteps approached before a man stood there, his piercing, red eyes staring back at them. His eyes were as red as a rose and his skin was as pale as a vampire. His hair was long and black and wore a black suit with a white hat.

The man glared at them, his aura spiking slightly,
" How do you know Y/n? What business do you have with her?"

His voice was filled with nothing but hatred and despise. Muzan hated that someone else knew of you, someone else knew more about you than him.

Illumi hummed in response, examining his features before responding, not fazed by his aura and actions,
" She's my little sister, Y/n Zoldyck, you know her, don't you? We're on the hunt for her,"

Muzan just nodded, still not trusting the two people in front of him. He's noticed their aura, they were powerful and deadly, even when they're simply just humans. He was surprised but also intrigued, intrigued on where they came from and how they hold so much power.

Illumi introduced himself and Hisoka before asking Muzan who he was. Muzan simply replied,
" Muzan Kibutsuji, Y/n's fiancé,"

They were both surprised he was your fiancé, not expecting for you to fall in love, but a part of them was warning them he was lying. Illumi knew you, he knew you wouldn't marry someone without knowing who they truly are. Your trust issues aren't great.

Hisoka broke the silence, an idea popping up in his head,
" How about this, we make a deal. We'll find Y/n together and if she doesn't cooperate then we'll threaten her, deal?"

He extended his arm out towards Muzan, he hesitated at first before nodding and shook his hand, excepting the deal. He was going to find you, and he's going to make sure it's soon.

With Killua

Killua and his friends and sister was walking down the pathway of the forest, heading towards the nearest town for some rest. They have been walking for hours now, trying to find clues or witnesses of you, but there were none.

Killua was beginning to lose up hope, he wanted to meet and see you so badly yet it was so hard to find you. He was beginning to think that you weren't even here at all, it's almost as if you were a ghost.

Suddenly, Alluka froze in place in shock and fear, confusing the other three. They looked at her in concern as Killua knelt down to her height,
" Are you okay, Alluka?

She didn't respond for a few seconds before her eyes filled with tears as she shook her head, her whimpers being heard.

She responded, her voice cracking slightly with fear,
" Nanika has some news, bad news, she's sensed that Illumi and Hisoka are now here, looking for Y/n,"

Killua just glared at the ground in response, his fists clenching in anger. He hated how Illumi was ruining his life, he hated that wherever he went, danger follows. He already took a normal life from him, he was not letting him take his big sister away from him.

He pulled Alluka into a hug, trying to comfort her before smirking, his anger hidden behind the smirk,
" Then I guess it's now a competition,"

They soon headed towards the town, seeing it on a hill in the distance.