Chapter 40

No one's POV

In Makio's room in the Ogimoto house, lays a demon consisting of snakes. Makio was trapped and tied by a large, snake that encircled her. Her room was dark and gloomy, not a single drop of sunlight was to be seen.

The letters that she wrote to Tengen was placed on the floor from the large snake, which was a beaker for the demon to speak through.

The snake exclaimed,
" Now, tell me who these letters were for,"

The glare Makio sent the snake told her the answer as the end of the snakes tail, which was a sharp blade, sliced her forehead in response. This creates a cut that made her blood flow down her face.

You and Inosuke was stood outside of Makio's room. You felt a heavy weight on your chest from the aura, meaning there was a demon in there. You looked at Inosuke before nodding, confirming his thoughts.

He glared at the door as he got frustrated by not doing anything. Inosuke being Inosuke, charged into the room with you behind him. This didn't go unnoticed by the snake demon.

Your eyes widened at the sight of an empty room. It was destroyed and looked abandoned, but nobody was in. This confirmed of your suspicions, Makio has even got captured or she's dead.

You focused on the atmosphere to see that there was wind, even though all the windows were closed. You looked at Inosuke to see he noticed too. The aura was thick and heavy, making it hard to swallow.

You exclaimed,
" The demon here has the ability to hide itself from plain sight, but it's aura is easy to detect,"

You looked up at the crack ceiling before pointing at it with a glare. Inosuke understood quickly before grabbing the left bowl of udon and throwing it at the cracked ceiling.

He yelled,
" HEY COWARD! WE'RE ONTO YOU!!"

The ceiling began to move from someone or something crawling in the interior of the building. You both began to chase the demon down the corridor, watching as it moved in the ceiling, clearly wanting to escape your vision.

Inosuke barged shoji doors down and accidentally punched a flustered man in the process, causing you to face palm. The girls that witnessed the punch began to scream in shock and slight fear, wondering how a girl could contain such strength.

In the end, you both lost the demon due to the staircase. He began to get frustrated by the fact that he had lost the demon. In response, you ruffled his hair with a smile,
" Don't beat yourself over it, we'll find it eventually, just be patient,"

He growled in annoyance but nodded anyway, trying to take in your information and not letting his anger fool him.

                     ///////—————////////

Zenitsu's POV

He heard the muffled cries of a girl in a certain room, causing him to open the shoji doors. There led a girl, crying on the floor in a destroyed and messy room. Her hair was messy and her eyes were puffy.

Zenitsu began to panic,
" What the hell?! Are you okay?! Did you get into a fight?!"

His screeching only made her cry more, making him kneel down beside her to try and calm her down. He apologised for yelling at her before feeling a heavy presence behind him. He swore his heart missed a beat from fear.

An intimidating voice appeared behind him,
" You there, what do you think you're doing in my room?"

His body began to shake as visible sweat dripped down his forehead. By the sounds that the woman was making, he knew that it was a demon, but an upper moon demon. This only increased his fear inside.

" What's wrong? Are you hard for hearing or something, girl? "

Two girls appeared at the doorway, shaking in fear but tried to persuade the woman that Zenitsu was new and that it was a mistake. He could tell by their shaky voices how strict and intimidating the woman was.

The woman just glared at them, her piercing green eyes staring into their soul,
" And? So what if she's new? "

The woman had long, dark red hair tied into a bun. She wore an oversized black and white kimono with snakes imprinted on it. Zenitsu apologised,
" I'm sorry, I heard a girl crying in this messy room and wanted to investigate,"

The woman spat with malice in her words,
" Why are you so damn hideous? Looking at you makes me ill, girls like you are better off dead! Also, what's with that hair colour? You look like a sore thumb,"

Zenitsu sweat dropped from all the insults coming from the woman. She just sighed in annoyance before glaring down at the sobbing girl,
" However, you're correct that this room is messy, if I'm not mistaken, I told you to clean it up,"

The girl visibly shook from fear before the woman pulled her ear in a painful way. The girl cried in pain, only to be yelled at to stop making all the screaming. Her ear began to bleed from the harsh pull, looking like she was ripping her ear of the side of her head.

Zenitsu began to get angry, ignoring the fact that she was more superior to him. He grabbed her wrist with a firm grip, trying to contain his anger,
" Please, take your hands of her,"

Tanjiro's POV

Whilst his friends and girlfriend delt with demons, he was running on the floors like an animal, cleaning them all up. He didn't look bothered by the fact he cleaned up so much.

The woman began to get slightly annoyed from all of his questions, surprised at how fast he did his chores, in this case, she.

                      ///////————-///////

Y/n's POV

You sighed heavily at the sight of Inosuke doing a weird position. He looked like a backwards ' C', with his legs bent over his head. He was trying to concentrate to see if he could navigate the demon.

Turns out the woman of the house walked in to wonder what the hell he was doing. He just spinned around on the floor as he got up, shocking the poor woman.

Zenitsu's POV

The room was silent for a moment from his sudden request. The woman looked at him in an irritated manner,
" What did you say to me? I dare you to say that again,"

He responded,
" Please, take your hands of her,"

She slapped his hand away before punching him in the side of the face, causing him to black out instantly.