Part 1

*a long time after the prologue*

Lisa switches on her computer and makes the decision to start looking for work. When she learns that a video game shop in Whiskview Mall is hiring, she decides to submit an application. Lisa sends her documents and acknowledges that she has read the terms and conditions (which she obviously didn't read). Later, Lisa gets a phone call. She picks up the phone. The manager of said video games store informs her, "you're hired! You can start tomorrow." The following day, Lisa needs to be in Whiskview, but despite being an adult, she is unable to drive. She gets permission from her neighbor to ask them to drive her there. Lisa loads her belongings onto the car's roof, and they drive off. Once arriving at Whiskview Mall, Lisa searches for the video game shop she has found a job at. She confidently arrives at the location where the shop stands, only to discover that the business is closed for lease. Aaaaaargh! Lisa thinks to herself. She could drop down to the floor and shout. But doing that in public probably isn't the best idea. Lisa is devastated, and instead of choosing to return home, she chooses to sit down on a bench. Why, why did this happen? She ponders.

When still being in a state of devastation, Lisa hears a noise around her. An Italian chef appears out of nowhere. "Ah! Who are you?" She is in shock. "I am Papa Louie," the chef says. "You appear to be searching for employment. Papa's Bakeria is now hiring and you're fit for the job!" Lisa feels like she has no other choice but to take the position. Papa hands her the uniform, which somehow comes in her size- had he been plotting this the entire time? Lisa wonders what kind of scammer he might be.

Okay, I have a job now, Lisa thinks to herself. As a first timer, she gets a tutorial on how to prepare a pie. She gets a tour around the restaurant and explores the lobby and the kitchen. Then, a Japanese biker girl comes in. "Wow..." Lisa says quietly enough. She learns that this is one of Papa's many devoted customers, and finds out her name is Akari. "Hello, is this Papa Louie's newest restaurant?" The woman asks. "Yes it is. Welcome to Papa's Bakeria." Lisa aids her, "what would you like to order?" Akari orders a banana pie. "My name is Akari, by the way." Lisa heads to the kitchen to build her pie. Crust, filling, top crust, next. She tosses the pie in the oven and waits until it is baked. Next, she adds the toppings Akari has asked her for. Lisa places the order ticket, and serves Akari. "This is great!" She exclaims, and leaves a tip for Lisa. She hopes Akari would show up frequently. Then a second customer walks in, and the restaurant closes early. "Hello, I am Big Pauly and I like eating," the man says. Big Pauly indeed is very big, and Lisa guesses he makes no effort to eat healthily. He places his order, and Lisa complies and takes it. She works on his pie without any aid now and repeats the steps. Building, oven, topping, done. "It's perfect!" Big Pauly happily mentions. Lisa feels very impressed by her performance. As the restaurant closes, Lisa discovers she is at last in an environment she enjoys.

A few days into her job, Lisa obtains a new phone. Well, the phone is not a smartphone and it's one of the old fashioned ones, but she receives it for the first time. Lisa learns that the phone is here so customers can order pies from their homes and have it delivered to them. This is when Lisa realizes she needs to hire a delivery person. Lisa advertises the position and the restaurants as she hangs posters before working. Luckily, there is one person interested. A woman with gorgeous teal hair comes in. "Hi, I am Avia, and I am interested in the job you're recruiting," she says. Lisa has no choice but to hire Avia immediately because she feels like it's her only hope. "Avia, you're hired!" Lisa shares the news. Avia gladly puts on the Bakeria uniform waiting for her. Lisa explains how the job goes: "you work with this phone. When someone calls, you answer and take the customer's order. Then you hand me the order ticket and I'll bake the pie. When I'm finished, I hand it to you and you will go to deliver the pie." "Oh that's not too difficult," Avia responds. "I'll do it!" Lisa can tell she has a lot of enthusiasm. The two talk a little about themselves before the first customer arrives. As their shift is over, the two realize how good they work together. "I am very happy I've hired you", Lisa tells Avia. "It's nice working here as a delivery girl, I get to see so many places!" says Avia. Lisa learned that her coworker is very passionate for traveling and seeing new places. The two befriend quickly.

Three days later, it's January 1st. The beginning of a new year. Avia takes the tips they collected and purchases many new things for the current holiday. She returns to the pie shop and Lisa looks at her in confusion. "Happy new year!" Avia says. She hands Lisa the things she bought. "Is this from our tip money?" Lisa asks. "Uh, yeah, it is," Avia answers. "Okay, I see. Be a bit careful with spending our tips, just a little advice," says Lisa. "Got it," Avia assures, and she gets ready for the day. The mall is decorated with rainbows everywhere, and there is confetti on the floor. An odd looking girl approaches the shop, wearing a special outfit for the holiday and carrying a wand with an X. The girl has unkempt orange hair, odd eyes, a creepy smile and two shades of eyeshadow. Her clothing comes in all colors of the rainbow and she also wears a tutu. Like her wand, her shirt also has the letter X on it. Lisa remembers that she has had a similar customer showing up as a closer, a boy who also had messy orange hair, a top with an X on it, and very goofy clothing. Xolo! She realizes. So this is his sister! Lisa learns the girl's name is Xandra, and that they both are from the kingdom of X. Lisa takes Xandra's order and she prepares her pie, as Avia waits for her first phone call. As Lisa serves Xandra, she sees how happy she is with her pie, and she thinks it makes her look like a little kid. Lisa likes it when people are "oddballs".

A while later, Lisa listens to her customers talking with each other and hears someone say that "the food critic is coming". Oh God, Lisa thinks. "I must not fail with this customer or else...". As soon as closing time hits, Lisa sees a remarkable figure walking in: a man wearing checkmarks on his sleeves and on the shiny blue ribbon that he attatched on his chest. His fashion sense intrigues Lisa much. Two dark, angry eyes face her way. "Happy New Year! How may I be of assistance to you today, Sir?" Lisa tries to sound as polite as possible. "Good evening, my name is Jojo..."

To be continued