Part 12

Lisa has been employed by Papa's Bakeria for half a year as July approaches. Everything about her life has altered in those six months. Everything. For Lisa, it has evolved into something better. At this point, the Starlight Jubilee is coming very soon. Fireworks sales are booming (ba dum tsss) Fashion Flambe starts selling apparel in the American flag's primary colors as soon as July hits. Avia suggests Lisa put on the stunt helmet and cape she bought for the occasion when Boomer shows up. On the first day of the holiday, Lisa sees Boomer approaching the pie shop wearing a Starlight Jubilee outfit, carrying a sparkler. She comes in, places an order, and Lisa goes to prepare it. Later on, one of Lisa's most frequently visiting customers is there, Cooper. She has most stars on him out of all the customers, and the two get along well, especially as they're both cat lovers! They often talk about their pets together and have spent time together quite often. Lisa, however, has someone else to spend much of her time with: Jojo. Her lover. The two lovebirds have done a lot of things for the first time already such as the first kiss, first time saying "I love you", first sleepover together and etc. They're unsure if there's anything else they can do for the first time together.

The two have scheduled a meeting after seeing one other two days prior on Tuesday, July 3rd. Lisa felt a bit odd that Jojo didn't have time for her, as usually he's not as busy as she is. Avia has told Lisa that she had seen Jojo talking to Akari when Lisa heard from him that he was unavailable to see her. Jojo smiles as he sees Lisa arriving, but Lisa frowns. "Hi, Honey!" Jojo says, sounding more enthusiastically than usually. "Why were you so busy?" A suspicious Lisa asks. "Oh, well, it's not easy being the premier food critic sometimes, people ask me a lot of favors," Jojo tries to explain but Lisa is sceptical. "But you've never been this busy before!" "Lisi, you know that you're gaining more recognition, but so do I. My schedule also becomes busier. Do you understand me?" Jojo asks, not wanting to upset her. "Oh yeah? Avia told me you were with Akari when you said you couldn't see me," Lisa comments. "I can explain," Jojo mentions, but actually he couldn't. Lisa carries on the conversation, much to his relief. but not with the outcome he was hoping for. "Are you seeing other girls?" She asks, with a slight change in her tone. Jojo explains, attempting to maintain his cool, "No, I'm not. "You're not cheating on me with Akari, are you?" Lisa gets a little stubborn. "Honey, I am not cheating on you with Akari," explains a cool Jojo. "Then who are you cheating with? Is it Quinn?" "No," Jojo says, sounding more serious. "Rhonda?" "No, she is together with Rico." "Radlynn?" "No." Jojo becomes a little irate. Lisa continues, "Mindy?" "She's with Whiff!" "Prudence?" "No!" "Amy?" "No!" "Sprinks the Clown?" "No!" "Edna?" "No! Are you crazy?" Jojo viciously stares into Lisa's eyes who tries to look away from him. "Then are you cheating on me with one of the guys?" "Lisa, I am NOT cheating on you with anybody!" Lisa grabs some photos of her customers who favor Starlight Jubilee. "Aha! I know who you're cheating with! It's LISA!" She lets out. "How many times do I need to tell you, I'm NEVER going to cheat on you!" Jojo crosses his arms and the rage in his eyes has only grown. Lisa is still skeptical. "And what about you and Cooper? You two are very close too, would that mean I'm suspecting you to be cheating on me, with him???" Lisa gives Jojo a furious stare. Then the two get into a fight. Jojo decides to leave before things become physically violent. He makes a big exit while walking furiously. Lisa has red eyes and they start to tear a little, but her hands form fists. The two don't contact each other for the rest of the day.

The next day, it's July 4th. America's independence day. Lisa herself is Dutch, but she celebrates too as it's also a holiday in the Flipverse. Except here it's the Starlight Jubilee. Because of the holiday, Lisa and Avia have no work today, same with most people. Avia calls Lisa to ask her what she is going to do. She answers the call. "Hey Lisa, what are your plans for today?" Avia starts a conversation. "Oh I don't really have anything to do." "So you're not spending time with Jojo?" This leaves Lisa silent for a while. She hasn't slept well after the fight. "No, I'm not..." she says. "Is something wrong? You're usually enthusiastic when talking about him." Avia wants to help her. "We had an argument..." Lisa begins. "I don't know if he still wants to be with me anymore." "Listen, girl, it's normal for couples to fight sometimes. Is this the first time you have been fighting?" Lisa claims that it is. "That's another first time in your relationship. I know you still love him. Just apologise to him and you'll be fine." "But what if he denies my apology?" Avia calmly says "Jojo isn't like that. I know he wants to solve it too. Don't be hesitant to contact him. He still loves you, Lis." Lisa has a hopeful smile on her face after hearing her friend's advice. "Thanks Avia, you're a great friend," she tells her. Then the two end their talk and hang up. First, Lisa decides to go to the centre of Tacodale to find distraction.

As she arrives there with her bike, Lisa hears a familiar voice of a woman. She wonders who it is talking there. Then a male voice she recognises replies to the other voice. Lisa hides behind a bush and listens to the talk.

"Lisa has heard about it?"
"Yes she has"
"What did she say?"
*the male voice explains to the woman what has happened yesterday*
"Is there something you need help with?"
"I just want my Lisi back..."

Lisi. Her nickname given by Jojo...

"Is it safe to say you still love her?"
"Yes I do. I hope she understands me too and that we can make up."
"Next time you see her, talk to her immediately. Let her know how you feel. I'm sure she understands."

Lisa unhides herself and she walks somewhere where the man can see her. "Lisa!" Lisa sees a figure approaching her and recognizes him as Jojo. He grabs her hands and holds them. So the man she heard was Jojo, and then she notices the woman was Akari, who followed him. "Honey, I know no word I've said can be undone, but I do know we can learn from our mistakes and still love each other. Lisa, I still love you, and I hope you love me too." Lisa smiles and she says, "Of course I love you. I will always love you, Honey. I'm sorry for being the jealous type, I promise I'll become a better person." They hug it out, and it becomes a group hug as Akari joins in. "Do you want to watch fireworks with me tonight?" Jojo asks. Lisa answers, "I'd love to!" They wish each other a happy Jubilee and then they part ways.

During the evening, Jojo shows up at Lisa's house to take her with him for the fireworks. He has brought some unused sparklers for them to light up. "Hi Honey! You look blazing tonight!" Jojo says, seeing Lisa dressed up for the occasion. "Thanks Honey! And so do you. Baby you're a firework," Lisa tells him. She gets in the car and Jojo drives. What Lisa doesn't know, is that the reason Jojo was absent was because he asked Akari for help with planning an evening together on the 4th of July. Akari reserved two of the best spots for them at the firework show. She also got him the sparklers, and informed him about the show. Once they arrive, Jojo drags Lisa by her arm to their reserved spots. "I heard these are the best spots to see the fireworks at," Jojo says. Him and Lisa hold hands as they see the first fireworks lighting up. "It's so beautiful!" Lisa comments. "I definitely agree, girl." Jojo responds. Lisa records the fireworks while Jojo just lives in the moment. Then he pulls out two sparklers and asks Lisa if she wants to light them up with him. She accepts and so Jojo lights them up and gives one to Lisa. "You light up my world," she says. "And you set my heart on fire. Even in the summer it's good," Jojo replies. They see Boomer appearing and she climbs in a cannon big enough for a human to fit inside. "I'm ready!" She yells, giving a thumbs up. The fuse is activated, and a few seconds later Boomer is launched into the air. She lets out a happy yell as she flies through the sky like a cannonball. Boomer lands safely and gets a standing ovation. Lisa and Jojo are also very impressed with the stunt, and they continue watching the show. Jojo tells Lisa the truth about what he and Akari had been planning together. He admits he wanted to surprise her, and that he had asked Akari for tips. Once Lisa finds out, she says "woah... Jojo, you're just... you're simply the greatest. I'm sorry I didn't prevent you from forgetting." They share a quick kiss. "You will always have my heart," says Lisa. Once the show is over they find a place alone in the darkness, and light up two sparklers together