Part 7

"Okay, I just got into my first relationship. I also experienced my first kiss. Right after each other." Lisa's head produces thoughts at the speed of light. "I just kissed Jojo. He has feelings for me." The thoughts race inside her head as Lisa feels her heart swelling up with joy. Jojo let go of her, but before Lisa could properly speak to him, he grabbed her again, pulled her close, and went for another round. Once again, his soft lips gently brush against Lisa's lips to form a kiss. He gently caresses Lisa's back with his hand. "What am I supposed to do? Just follow Jojo's lead or try to act too?" In the midst of her first-ever kiss, Lisa is unsure of what to do, so she defers to Jojo. His hand moves to Lisa's hair and he twirls it a little. His other hand has grip on her back. Lisa's pulse is thumping along with Jojo's, their hearts almost touching. Her clothes are getting wet as the umbrella is now on the ground. "I'm on cloud nine right now," Jojo whispers. He then holds Lisa firmly and gazes into her eyes. "Oh sorry, I forgot you're uncomfortable with eye contact," he says realizing he got lost in Lisa's eyes. "It's okay," Lisa says as her cheeks flush pink. "You can look me in the eyes now." Jojo once again gazes at Lisa. "Your eyes are like jades," he says. Trying to reduce the discomfort of eye contact, Lisa stares at Jojo's eyebrows instead. "Lisa murmurs, "Jojo... you're just so... You're so charming." In reaction, he makes a happy noise. "Thank you, Honey", Jojo responds. Wow, Lisa thinks, "he already called me his Honey. This is how love is, then. It's incredible." Although it is reality, she feels as though she is in a sweet dream. Lisa feels like she won the love lottery. Jojo who is now soaking wet asks Lisa if he can come over at her house. "Sure we can go there," Lisa says. It's still raining as the two make their way to Lisa's house, and several onlookers are in awe when seeing their matching outfits.

The next day when Lisa arrives at work, she seems incredibly happy. As soon as Lisa enters the restaurant, Avia recognizes her upbeat disposition. "Wow, what happened to give you such a positive feeling?" Avia asks. "You will not believe it!" Lisa says anticipated. "Yesterday Jojo asked me to be his girlfriend!" Avia's eyes expand. "NO WAY! Really? Congratulations girl!" She is happy for Lisa since she has never had a partner and she hopes that she will one day find love too, but she is also pleased with her life as it is right now. Even though February 14th has since past, there are still hearts, roses, and candy-colored decorations all around the mall. For the remainder of the month, the restaurant will continue to have a romantic atmosphere. Good thing Jojo would still show up during the month. "Wait," Avia says, "you will undoubtedly become a masterchef one day if your partner is Jojo! And as a result of his success, yours will rise as well." Lisa couldn't believe that she might become famous one day because of who fancies her so.

The following six days saw no reunion of the two lovers. Lisa was preoccupied with her work, and Jojo had his own engagements to attend. So they had to wait until it's Sunday again as both will be present at the Bakeria that day. Lisa had requested Avia to properly clean the establishment for today. Fresh new roses have been added to the vase, and the entire space now smells sweet once more. Lisa had also spent time with Cherissa, the owner of Smellbound who also favored Valentine's Day, and she got one of her perfumes to wear today. "It's as if it's Valentine's Day again," Avia says with a giggle. "Aww come on, I was 4 days late!" Lisa jokes. Avia got herself some chocolate again as it's past the holiday itself and has been discounted a lot. Lisa looks forward to the restaurant closing all day (not because she doesnt like her job, but because that's when Jojo comes). As time goes by, her heart starts to slowly increase speed. Later on, Lisa hears the doorbell ringing and she goes to check who is there. It's Cherissa. "It smells good in here," she remarks immediately. Her nose then picks up a well-known aroma. It's one of her perfumes! As Lisa comes to take her order, the scent of Cherissa's perfume surrounds her. She orders her usual cherry pie. Lisa notices she's the last customer to arrive in person before Jojo. The delivery phone is taking one more order before it is time for him to show up. He carries a red rose as he glides gracefully to the counter. Lisa's cheeks turn pink. "Jojo greeted her, "Hi, Honey." Lisa eagerly takes his order of today and rushes to the kitchen. First she finishes Cherissa's order, who is now aware of the two being a thing. Waiting for the pie to bake, Lisa watches Jojo as he waits in the lobby. "He's just so..." she ponders. "Hey, lovebird", she hears a voice say out of nowhere Avia. "Wake up! I still have an order to deliver." Lisa finishes the pie and Avia goes to bring it to the customer who ordered it. Lisa removes Jojo's pie from the oven and decorates it. She serves him with a bright smile. Jojo takes a good look at it and says "it's perfect!" As he hands one of his blue ribbons. "Do you want to eat this pie with me?" He asks. Lisa nods. They both enter the dining room and sit down together to eat the pie. Jojo places the rose he brought on the table in a cup. "I'm so happy to see you again," he says softly. He gives her a closed-mouth smile as his eyes light up. "Lisa replies, chuckling a little, "I can't believe you like me. "I can." Jojo tells her. "Only a fool, Honey, could not fall in love with a woman like you." His hand catches Lisa's. Her heart thumps inside her chest. "Let's eat, Honey", Jojo says. He gradually releases her hand and begins to eat a piece of the pie. Lisa follows suit and she thinks the pie tastes very good. It's a banana pie with heart cookies and a regular crust, a true classic with a hint of Valentine's spirit. "You did great with the pie. It tastes soooo good," Jojo comments. He is unable to quit staring at Lisa. "I'm glad you like my pies," she says. They are both enmeshed in this blossoming love. After eating one slice, Jojo kisses Lisa. "It tastes better this way actually!" He says lightheartedly. After they finished eating, they depart the deserted mall together and go their separate ways, with Lisa boarding a train to return home and Jojo starting up his car.