Part 13

Many months have been passing, as now its August. The Sugarplex Film Fest is starting this month, in the warm summertime as people can chill in the cinema with the AC on. Additionally, Lijo's six-month anniversary, which falls on August 18th, is rapidly approaching. Lisa really hopes she and Jojo can celebrate the holiday with a movie night. On the first Sunday of the month, Jojo walks up to Lisa as closing time arrives and he places his order. He has two movie tickets with him, and wants to give them to Lisa at the end of her shift. While he waits for her to prepare his pie, he drinks a can of Fizzo gold in the lobby. The air is filled with the aroma of popcorn, and the gold and deep red colors compliment Jojo's blue attire. He tastes his Fizzo Gold, and would love to taste some fresh pie too (or even Lisa's blueberry lip balm 😳). Lisa finished his order and serves him. As usual, Jojo is ecstatic about the food and awards Lisa with a blue ribbon for her efforts. "Honey! I have a surprise!" He adds as he's still overjoyed. Jojo shows Lisa two Sugarplex tickets to see a movie together at the cinema. "Just the two of us, whenever you're available," Jojo mentions. Lisa takes both tickets from him, as Jojo is afraid he'll lose the tickets. "Thank you Honey! Why don't we arrange a date?" Lisa responds. She takes her agenda and they choose a date together. They walk out together as Avia had already left earlier, and say bye as Jojo gets in his car and Lisa heads to the train. The day before the date, Jojo had texted Lisa about their plan of tomorrow.

Jojo: Hello my sweet Lisa, I'm so excited for tomorrow! 💙💙💙

Lisa: awww Jojo! So am I! 💙💙💙

Jojo: remember, I'll pick you up at 6:30 PM and drive you to the nearest Sugarplex theater.

Lisa: of course I'll remember! Should I wear anything specific to the date?

Jojo: wear something fancy. I'd love to see you sporting an elegant outfit.

Lisa: okay, see you tomorrow. Love you honey 💙💙💙

Jojo: love you too 💙💙💙

*Jojo is offline*

Lisa searches in her wardrobe if she has something to wear. Something fancy and elegant. Lisa would like to look like a movie star like some other people do on this holiday while others such as Rita just wear clothing in crimson, gold, and black, with 3D glasses included. Lisa isn't sure she has anything that came in mind, so she asks Nellie if she can borrow something. Nellie, a singer with what her fans refer to as a "Nellietastic" style, is a close friend of Lisa and Lisa's other pals. She offers Lisa a red glitter dress that she has. Lisa also wants to wear high heels, but knows Nellie doesn't like to wear them, so she quickly goes to the shoe store to buy a pair as she doesn't know if any of her friends own heels in Lisa's size. She attempts to learn how to walk in heels; at first, she trips frequently, but as she practices more throughout the day, it eventually has effect. In order to be prepared for anything, Lisa makes sure to pack a pair of ballet flats for tomorrow.

The next day, Lisa messages Jojo, he doesn't reply straight away. Lisa understands he can't always text back so the tries to be patient. After waiting for ten minutes with no response, Lisa is starting to lose some patience (she doesn't have a lot of patience often). She checks if Jojo is online, but he's not. A quarter later, Lisa sends him another message, hoping he'd read it this time. No response. Lisa quickly sends a message again and removes it after, only hoping Jojo could hear his notification. Then a while later, Lisa makes a call to Jojo, but she only gets his voice-mail in response. "Is something wrong with him?" She ponders. A while later, Lisa takes the bike and she gets to Jojo's house. As she activates the doorbell, nobody is there to open. Lisa sees that his car is still there, so Jojo couldn't be far away. She tries to peek into the window and at first she doesn't see anything. She rings the doorbell again, and after no response the voice recorder starts playing. "Jojo? Hello?" Lisa knocks the door. Then she sees something through the window. She sees something moving. Lisa sneaks up to the window, and takes a closer look. Jojo is inside the house. He seems unwell. "What should I do?" Lisa wonders. She decides to go home before anybody else sees her. Later on, Lisa receives a phone call from Jojo. She picks up immediately. "Hi Honey, I'm sorry for not being able to respond. I am under the weather today," he explains from the other side. "Oh gosh! But what do I have to do with these tickets? You can't come when you're sick." Jojo suggests her to give one to Avia and that they go watch a movie together. "Honey I'm sorry, I need to hang up now, I think I might vomit," Jojo says. "Goodbye!" He hangs up. "Aww, poor Jojo..." Lisa calls Avia who responds right away and tells her everything. When the story has been told, Avia says "so you and me can go to the movies? Are we going today?" "Well, yes, the date for the tickets is today only," Lisa adds. "So should we go together?" Avia suggests. Lisa is hesitant, but she accepts. The two go to the movie together and have a great time, Lisa wearing Nellie's dress and the heels as Avia wears a light blue dress with white Mary Jane shoes and pink earrings.

Once they return, Avia asks Lisa where she got the dress from. Lisa explains it is Nellie's dress and she was allowed to borrow it. "Wow, really? Lucky!" Avia exclaims. "We're so lucky to have her as our friend! Maybe I should borrow her clothes too." The dress was a bit too big on Lisa, but nothing too bad. Avia is taller than both Lisa and Nellie, but the dress might as well fit good on her body too. "This might be why people were looking at us and talking, they recognised it," Avia tells Lisa. Realizing that Jojo is still sick, Lisa takes her bike and she goes again to his house. As she rings the bell, Jojo tries to shout to Lisa to inform the front door is open. She pushes her arm against it, and the door seems to be open. Lisa enters and she sees Jojo in the living room, laying on the couch, with his shirt off due to the warmth and his body temperature. "Hi Honey," he greets Lisa. "Wow, you look very fancy, did you and Avia see the movie?" Jojo asks. "Yes we did, it was nice and the movie was good. Though I'd love to have a movie date with you." Lisa asks if his sickness is contagious, but Jojo says that it is not a virus, so Lisa can't catch it from him. They embrace for a short but sweet time. "You really feel warm," Lisa comments. "The fact its August doesn't help either," says a slightly tired Jojo. Lisa asks if she can do anything for him. Jojo requests she brings him something to eat and drink, and Lisa brings him fresh water and fruits. "Please stay close to me," Jojo requests. Lisa glides her hands over his back and shows Jojo her affection, love, and care. "Honey I love you. I'm here for you, and I will be for as long as you need," she says softly. She thinks it's important for Jojo to stay hydrated and to practice hygiene, but as he's weaker now she assists him and brings a wet washcloth. Lisa cleans his back and tells him sweet words, telling him he's a very precious man and he deserves all the good things in the world. Jojo feels fresher now, and he is happy with Lisa's help. "Wait! I have an idea! Why don't we watch a movie here at home?" Lisa suggests. "Oh honey, that is a brilliant idea!" Jojo smiles and he eats some fruit. Lisa tries to find movies playing on TV and the two are both interested in one movie having its TV premiere. Lisa prepares Jojo some soup and she herself gets a snack too, and together they watch the movie on TV. Jojo almost forgets about his illness, and he feels fitter than before. "Maybe this is even better than a date at the theater. Just you and me here, no strangers, no overstimulation, and the best caretaker of the world," Jojo says as he grins. Lisa helps him with putting on his shirt and she lovingly pats his shoulder. "Good boy," she says softly. The two snuggle and spend their time watching the movie.