Part 16

After Lisa's birthday has past, she will be prepared for spooky season too! On the days leading up to Halloween, she made the decision to dress as a horror doll. Avia had found a vampire costume to wear, and to finish the look, she'll either color her hair red or wear a wig. Lisa hasn't seen Jojo wearing his costume yet, so she doesn't know what he will dress up as for the holiday. Whatever costume he chooses, Lisa knows he will look very good in it. And maybe their costumes don't match, but they do! Lisa had seen some friends getting ready with their costumes too. Sage is going as a scientist, Lizzy and Joey plan to have matching costumes, Alfred had bought a fake mustache to wear with his costume, Joelle is planning to be the Queen of Hearts, and Mr Miliband will be going as a rabbit. Lisa is eager to see him and laugh 😂. Rylie had been considering dressing up as one of Lisa's customers, but she's not really sure who.

Once Lisa returns to work (with her weird schedule that probably makes no sense anymore), she notices that it's Sunday. Over the previous days, she had already seen Radlynn, Mayor Mallow, Quinn, Xolo, and Rhonda in their costumes, and Whiff has been spotted in the mall wearing his Viking costume. Lisa couldn't wait to see Jojo tonight. She starts the day wondering if he is out and about, but couldn't find him. Ninjoy arrives wearing an oni ninja costume. Her mask has an angry visage and protruding fangs, making Lisa think, "Now that is one heck of a costume..." but she still likes what Ninjoy is wearing. Hoping she wouldn't kill her, Lisa takes Ninjoy's order and prepares it. Of course she isn't a murderer, her costume might seem terrifying to some. But at the other side, Lisa is wearing a shirt with fake blood so she couldn't really say much either. Avia walks to Lisa to get a close look of her horror doll attire. Lisa wears a white shirt with fake blood spots, a black skirt with dark red buttons, black suspenders, white fancy shoes with dark red soles and black accents, and a black bow. Avia herself wears a black buttondown with white stripes, a crimson skirt similar to Lisa's, black and dark red wingtip shoes, her hair dye, a black small hat with a ribbon and a crimson cape. The phone rings, phone rings, Avia rushes to answer it to take an order. Many customers later, it's closing time, Lisa rushes to the counter as fast as she can and there she sees him. Jojo. He wears his style A along with a blue mask, blue cape, a belt with a round shiny buckle and he carries a sword. Lisa blushes as she first sees him in his swordsman costume. "Are you okay, Lisi?" Jojo asks. "J-j-jojo..." is all she can let out. She thinks he looks very mysterious, and very handsome. "Honey, you look so mysterious, and so handsome and wonderful..." Jojo grabs her chin while grinning. He looks Lisa in the eyes, and he know this makes her heart beat rapidly. "You also look amazing, Honey. The only horror doll I wouldn't run from," Jojo says. "First things first," he continues, and places his order. After watching him walk gracefully to the waiting area, Lisa dashes to the kitchen and feels her heart fluttering. "He's, so, very, handsome, ugh!" She thinks. It's like Lisa fell in love with him all over again. But she must focus on pie baking. She feels warm like the oven in which she inserts Jojo's pie. Serving the next customer had been a bit hard as Lisa had to try not to look at Jojo instead. Then he is the only customer left inside the lobby. Countess Avia leaves to bring a pie to the following client who placed a home delivery order, just leaving Jojo. Liss finishes carefully, hoping that everything will turn out to be perfect. But Lisa knows that Jojo will love it regardless as she didn't make mistakes with ingredients or preparation. Lisa places the order ticket, and she serves Jojo. He gestures toward the pie while displaying a joyful look. "THIS is what I'd like to receive!" He says. Jojo happily takes the pie and hands Lisa a blue ribbon.

"Now then..." he says mysteriously. He tilts down his head but his eyes look up at Lisa. "You look very cute..." Jojo mumbles. "Cute, but deadly, but still cute. Now this is a doll I'd like to play with, wether she's haunted or not." Lisa giggles, "I'm not haunted, don't worry!" Jojo pinches her rosy cheek gently. "I'd die for you," he says heroically. Then Lisa responds, "I'd kill for you" with a sly smile. Of course they only say these things because of the costumes they're wearing. Lisa moves over the counter, grabs Jojo by his ribbon and says "you're my hero." Jojo kisses Lisa's forehead. "Maybe some people see you as a villain, but they just don't know the amazing guy who you truly are, Jojo. You will always be a hero, and also my hero. And since people tend to villainize me too, Elsie from my high school mostly," Lisa pauses a bit and looks him in his "eyes" (she focuses on his brows instead because of her poor eye contact), "Let's be misunderstood together." They kiss and Avia watches as she says "awww" to break the silence. Jojo pulls out his sword and points it to Avia, jokingly. ""Countess, give my lady and I some quiet or I'll throw garlic at you!" He says, and the three share a laugh. Avia gets her stuff and she waits for Lisa outside the shop. Lisa mutters, "I'm yours, Jojo, forever." "And so am I, Lisi," Jojo responds. He leaves and Avia and Lisa stand in the shop's doorway. For some reason, the female mannequin is standing next to the (temporary) Costume Morgue and the male mannequin is between the fountain and the left side of Papa's Bakeria. Lisa wonders if it's true that they are indeed haunted... she and Avia leave the mall and as Avia takes a quick route to her house in Whiskview, Lisa boards the train to Tacodale.

Weeks later, it's Halloween! People are wearing costumes everywhere, and Lisa has seen her friends wearing theirs too. She observed Sky in an angel costume, Joey and Lizzy going as Cooladas, Rylie dressing up as Cecilia for the day, Mike donning a Sea King outfit, Nalu dressing up as a movie star, and even Spookje has a costume made for cats on! However, the true fun begins around dusk, when the atmosphere is sufficiently spooky. As its time, Lisa parades in her scary doll costume throughout Tacodale hoping she could find locations for trick-or-treating. She approaches one house decorated with pumpkin lanterns and Styrofoam tombstones. "Trick or treat!" Lisa says as a robot opens the door. Akari! "Wow, Akari, that robot outfit is awesome!" Lisa exclaims. Akari gives Lisa some candy and thanks her. The next house Lisa could find to ask for candy is a house with fake spider webs, light up ghosts, and gigantic spiders on the walls. The door is opened by an individual who doesn't wear a costume, but is still willing to give out candy for trick-or-treaters. Lisa receives some lollipops and candy corn. Then Lisa visits a property with a garden full of skeletons and jack-o-lanterns that have hilarious, spooky, and cute faces. "Happy Halloween!" Maggie says as she opens the door to give Lisa candy. After collecting a lot of candies, Lisa meets many costumed people standing somewhere. There seems to be some kind of event going on here. People are chatting about stuff like terrifying forests and haunted houses, kids are munching on candy, and there is music playing at some sort of outdoor gathering. Lisa thinks it's nice to see so many people wearing costumes, but has no idea what the point of this all is. Then someone taps her shoulder. "Lisa! There you are!" It's Jojo, costumed. They hug. "We should have some Halloween fun together," Jojo says. The two decide to go enter the haunted house. Inside, Lisa takes a selfie with Jojo. When they look at the photo, they see someone standing behind them, but no one else was in the same room as them... a ghost??? Once they walked in further, one of them pretends to be scared just to cling onto the other. "That was fun!" Lisa says once they leave. "Exactly!" Jojo agrees. He then asks her if she wants to go trick-or-treating together with him. Jojo notices Lisa's bucket is already filled with sweets while his is still empty. Jojo takes Lisa trick-or-treating as they hide the already collected candy somewhere. This time, they're daring enough to also check the non-decorated houses as Lisa was afraid someone would scold her if she went there alone. Many people offered them sweets even at those homes, which they collected in Jojo's basket. One time someone got really angry because Jojo and Lisa went to their non-decorated house, but the two found a hilarious solution and they departed while laughing. After collecting all the candies, Lisa and Jojo trade a few of the ones inside their own baskets. Both have a lot of sugary candies for themselves and they eat a few together. "I am really getting diabetes with the sweetness of these candies, AND you! My sugar," Lisa says. Jojo pulls her closer while he smiles sweetly and the two spend their time making out in their costumes after trick-or-treating.