Part 15

As time passes, October is just around the corner! It only signifies one thing to many people: Halloween. For Lisa, though, it means her birthday is soon! It's on the 6th of the month, and she hopes she can celebrate. With the new month starting, the mall looks a lot spookier than before. It's constantly dark, candles have taken the place of lights, and the mannequins in the Fashion Flambe now have purple eyes. Rumor has it that they're haunted too. Avia and Lisa spook up the lobby too and Avia dresses in Halloween clothing, but Lisa waits until after her birthday. "Lis, your bday is soon! What are you planning for the day?" Avia asks. "I hope I can spend the day with Jojo," she responds. She isn't 100% sure what to do on that day. Maybe she can ask to Jojo about it. Lisa just goes and begins her workday. Many customers also wear costumes inside the mall. Lisa looks around and she sees a Witch, the Mothman, a walking mustard bottle, a ghost, and... Radley Madish? Oh phew, it's probably just Radlynn dressed as her favorite villain. Lisa has been thinking about what to dress as for this Halloween. She may possibly dress up as a cat, an angel, or even a horror doll! Soon Lisa has time to check her phone, and she texts Jojo.

Lisa: Hey hey Honey! My birthday is on the 6th this month and I really want to spend time with you that day, how does that sound? And what could we do on the day?

He is offline. Lisa just waits for him to message her throughout her shift. Avia is gone to deliver a pie to Hugo, and is amazed to be able to personally deliver something to a DJ Honeybuster's house. She quickly returns to the Bakeria and waits until the phone rings again. Soon after the next customer makes a call and Avia can give Lisa the order ticket, she sees a message appearing on Lisa's phone. She says, acting as though she had no idea who "Honey Jojo" is, "Lisa, you have one message from 'Honey Jojo' with a blue heart." Avia returns to her task at hand after seeing Lisa's cheeks coloring. Lisa soon serves today's closer, also in a costume, and then she grabs her phone to read Jojo's text. He tells her in his message that it's her birthday, and that she is the one who decides what they do, but he's happy to spend time with her regardless.

Then it's Saturday, October 6th. Lisa's birthday. She first throws a party for her friends to attend, as she has the day off. Avia, Sky, Lizzy, Joey, Nalu, Alfred, Joelle, Rylie, Sage, Mike, Gesa, Nellie and Mr Miliband are all invited. Of course Jojo is invited too, but he is the only one who stays longer than all the others. Lisa quickly puts on a nice dress for the celebration. Once the party starts, everyone had shown up and managed to make time! They eat cake and place gifts on the gift pile to begin the party. Then they play games such as truth or dare. Some pretty intriguing stuff happened during the game; Mr Miliband had a makeover, Joey admitted he had a crush on Joelle at first before he began dating Lizzy, prank master Alfred dared Mike to prank someone on the telephone, Sky had to do a prank too but she epically failed (it was still funny and nothing too serious) and Sage and Rylie were tied to chairs together. After games they just chilled and at the end Lisa opened her gifts. Jojo was the only one that didn't put his present on the pile, he waited until everyone else left to go and give it to Lisa. After the last guest has left, Jojo approaches her holding a small present box. "Happy birthday my love!" He says as he hands it to Lisa. She carefully removes the ribbon before opening it and she gasps once she sees what's inside of the box. The box contains a necklace with a heart pendant, and when Lisa opens it, she sees it has a photo of her and Jojo inside. "Aww Honey! That's so sweet! I love it!" Lisa says happily, and the two hug. "Why don't we just play a game with the two of us?" Jojo asks, before it's time to leave for whatever Lisa wanted them to do. "Sure we can!" The two play truth or dare with each other, and nobody else. The game is different from the time they played with all Lisa's friends. The questions and dares are about inside jokes, more personal things, and about their love lives with each other. Once Jojo dared Lisa to kiss him and make it extra long! Another time Lisa asked him if he has a secret that she may know about, and so the two learned to get to know each other better.

Then the two head outside and they walk to a cat cafe. Jojo has grown to adore cats as a result of learning Lisa loves them. Lisa loves Jojo and the way he treats felines, she always smiles when she sees him bonding with Spookje. The two sit down at one table and they order the birthday special for Lisa. A cat approaches them and sits on Lisa's lap. The cat purrs joyfully as she tenderly pets it. "Who's a good kitty?" Jojo says. The cat regards Lisa as its mother and Jojo as its father, and the two envision themselves one day co-parenting a cat. Or maybe a child... soon the food arrives and they eat it together. One of the desserts comes with a special candle, and Jojo watches as the sparkles reflect in Lisa's eyes. Lisa grabs his hand and holds it firmly. "Honey I love you," she says. Jojo responds, "I love you too my birthday girl!" After they have eaten everything, they spend some time with the cats inside the cafe. Since it's almost time for closing, there aren't many people in the cafe, allowing Lisa and Jojo to pay attention to each cat there. They take many photos of each other and of the cats. Soon they leave the cafe and they decide to walk in the park. They observe lights illuminating the river, and the trees are festooned with fairy lights that shimmer in the night. Jojo picks Lisa up and he lifts her high. "Wow! You're so strong!" Lisa remarks. He tilts his head to smile at her, and she looks at his face. Her dress flows in the air, so does her hair. "Jojo, you're the best gift I've ever had," Lisa says. Jojo pulls her close to him, and the two have a moonlit kiss. "Sweetie, you know I'd do anything to make you feel happy," Jojo comments, "and if you're happy then so am I." They explore the park a bit and splash each other at the fountain. They ask a pedestrian to take a photo of them, and so they sit on the fountains edge kissing, with Lisa leaning back and Jojo leaning forward. The blue lights in the fountain add to the beauty of the surroundings. They happily look at the photo taken on Jojo's phone by the pedestrian they asked. Lisa and Jojo approach a place with many statues and they observe them all. They also find an empty pedestal which they discover the purpose of: its meant to stand on it yourself and have someone else take a photo of you. Jojo helps Lisa up and he snaps a photo of her posing atop the pedestal. "Now it's your turn!" Lisa says as she jumps off. Jojo gets on the pedestal by himself and Lisa snaps a picture of him posing elegantly. When Jojo notices the photo of Lisa, he remarks, "This is my favorite statue out of the ones I've seen so far." Following a kiss, they go for their homes. "Jojo, thank you for making me feel so special," Lisa says before they say goodbye.