Part 10

Big Top Carnival is just around the corner! Everyone is anticipating the arrival of the circus and all the fair-like activities. The mall is getting a huge circus tent, and more mall visitors means more customers. Lisa has gained more customers to serve, but she also gets discounts at the fair and sometimes she doesn't even needs to pay for things. She has been with Jojo for three months, during which time their relationship has shifted a little while yet remaining quite unchanged in other areas. Now Lisa has a brilliant idea, she can spend time with Jojo at the carnival! On a nice Sunday evening as he pulls up, Lisa asks him "would you like to go to the carnival with me?". "Of course!" Jojo seems very excited about the idea. Lisa has received a message that she has the next day off for the Big Top Carnival event. "Tomorrow is a good time. Could you pick me up?" Okay, now Jojo has asked me to drive him, so I'll have to say it... Lisa breathes in and says "I'm sorry, I don't have a license." "You don't?" Jojo looks confused. "Are you planning to take driving lessons soon?" Lisa sighs and continues, I'm scared to drive, I don't know if I'll be ready to take lessons." "Oh okay, I'm sorry. I can pick you up instead," Jojo says with a reassuring smile. "At what time can I take you?" "5 PM," Lisa answers. "Noted. You'd better be prepared for me tomorrow at five o'clock, or I'll sign you up for the dunk tank!" Jojo says with a laugh. "Okay, I'll be ready at six! I could go practice my swimming a bit," Lisa responds, flashing her pearly whites.

The next day at 5 PM, Jojo arrives to drive Lisa to the carnival. She opens the door for him. "Miss, your taxi is here!" Jojo says joyfully. Lisa chuckles, and he walks her to the car. When they get there, they learn that the circus show is starting soon. "Come on, let's buy tickets!" Jojo and Lisa proceed to the ticket counter. "Two tickets please," Lisa says. "The ticket seller apologizes, "I'm sorry, we're sold out. "Just kidding! For ma'am and mister, here are two tickets." Lisa gets a slight discount for both tickets and the two enter the tent. There's quite a lot of spectators already, but Jojo manages to find two spots for them. 15 minutes later, the show begins and music starts to play. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the Big Top Circus!" Everyone cheers as Foodini and Sprinks the Clown take the stage. "With your host, Foodini! And your favorite Clown girl, Sprinks!" The opening show begins. Lisa records as Jojo eats a corndog. Kids and grownups cheer as Sprinks performs one of her Clown acts. She does some juggling, tightrope walking, and some pranks. After the opening show, Foodini would like to ask for a volunteer for the first trick. Lisa raises her hand. Foodini picks an orange haired boy in the crowd. "What is your name?" He asks him. "I'm Austin". "Okay Austin, here's what you need to do." Foodini explains him what he is supposed to do, and so they perform a nice trick with Austin's assistance. "Everyone, applause for Austin!" The entire crowd claps and the young boy smiles. "Who wants to be our next volunteer?" Foodini asks. He picks a young girl with colorful hair. He asks her what her name is, and she introduces herself as Mindy. "Alright, Mindy, this is what you will do for me." She does what she is asked to do and lends a hand with yet another amazing stunt. "Applause for Mindy!" Once again, everyone claps for the volunteer. "And now, I need yet another volunteer," Foodini says. This time, he picks Lisa. She gets up and walks on the stage. She feels a little uneasy because everyone is staring at her. "What is your name?" Foodini asks. "I'm Lisa," she says. "Lisa, I need you to be very careful with our next trick. You only need to lay down here, so don't worry. Lisa sits down inside the wooden box. Foodini grabs a saw and cuts Lisa in half! Jojo looks in shock as he sees that his girlfriend just got cut in two pieces. Lisa yells, "I'm still alive!" Sprinks comes and asks her if she can move her leg. The crowd watches as they detect movement in Lisa's foot. Foodini puts the two halves together and Lisa gets out of the chest as a whole again. After a standing ovation, she sits next to Jojo and they watch the rest of the show.

Once the show is over, Jojo and Lisa head to the fairground. "Where should we go first?" Jojo asks. "Hmm... let's just walk around and see what's here," an indecisive Lisa says. The two walk hand in hand over the fairground. "Let's ride the ferris wheel!" Lisa exclaims. The two get in line. As its their turn to get on, they sit together and they watch over the whole fairground as they go up. The wheel stops once they are on top of it. Jojo takes a picture of Lisa, then one of them both and one of the view. "The view is marvelous, isn't it?" Lisa asks. "It definitely is. All these lights make it look so gorgeous," Jojo replies. The two hug in the sky. As the wheel continues to spin they observe the view from up high. A while later the wheel stops when they're down again and the two get off. Jojo and Lisa explore the place again to find something fun to do. They find some games to play and decide to buy tickets. Jojo watches as Lisa is playing Pop Dart, winning a plushie. "Its so cute!" She says, looking happily at the stuffed toy. "Absolutely," Jojo adds. Then they play Saucy Shot. Lisa aims the BBQ sauce at all radishes, lettuce larks and tomatoes she sees, as Jojo stands behind her with his hands on her body to support her. Once again they win a price! Then Lisa feels hungry. She asks to Jojo if they can get something to eat. The two find a cotton candy stand and they order two. Jojo and Lisa eat their cotton candies together until their hands are sticky. They find a toilet stall to wash their hands at, and then they walk further. "Do you want to ride the carousel?" Jojo asks. "Sure! I still love carousels," Lisa says. They approach the merry go round and Lisa sits on one of the horses as Jojo stands next to her. The ride starts. Lisa smiles for the beginning, and then she catches Jojo staring deeply into her eyes. She stares back at his, the two of them feeling romantic. Many carnival lights flash around them and fill the atmosphere. Jojo grabs Lisa's hand and holds it tight. They get lost in each other's eyes. Lisa feels like she is in a fairytale. They remain like this until the carousel slows down and stops. Jojo still holds her hand and guides her back to the ground. Many fun rides, games, and foods later, Jojo and Lisa get back to the car and Lisa is set off at her home. She definitely feels like her bond with Jojo has grown even stronger.