Protect Her

Stellia's POV

I really don't know if she will report it to our mother and father. We entered the kingdom and their eyes showed their concern for Helena.

"What happened to you, Helena? Who did that to you?" Our mother asked and she couldn't believe the severity of my sister's bruises on her face and neck. Helena looked at me and smiled at me.

"It's nothing, mother. I just fought. The truth is..." I swallowed my saliva because I was so nervous. It will make me feel anxious. "The truth is, Stellia saved me from those who fought against me earlier." Helena smiled at me again and she winked at me. Our mother hugged us.

"That's right, you worked together. Now, Helena and I will escort you to your room, alright?" My sister just nodded and we took her up to her room.

"Mom, I'll take care of her laying on her bed. You can rest now." Our mother immediately left the room and I locked the door so no one could enter. I approached Helena because she didn't tell me about what she saw on my neck.

"Why didn't you report it? Why you didn't insult me?"

"Because..." Helena stopped what she said. She looked at my neck mark again and looked me in the eyes. Does she know anything about the secret of the mark? "The reason why I didn't report because I know that Liane will not harm you." She added. I don't understand what my sister said. Liane won't hurt me? We are of different races. The vampires and wolves are against to each other.

"What do you mean, Helena?" I asked her because I was confused.

"That mark, it has a deep meaning. One of the rarest marks not just for vampires, but for wolves too. It will give you protection and..." Helena stopped. Why does Helena seem to be hiding something from me not only from me but also from our parents. She took a deep breath. "That mark represents protection, peace, and love."

Love? Liane loves me?

Suddenly my heart beat faster because of what I heard. Helena gently held my hand. "Calm down, Stellia. Listen to me. Don't trust anyone. Just trust Liane and me. Do you understand me?" My sister gave me advice.

"Even our parents? I shouldn't trust them?" Many questions came to my mind.

"Yes. Even to our parents. Just listen to me and Liane. Promise me, Stellia."

"I promise, Helena." She immediately hugged me. I just felt this hug from her for the first time. A hug full of love and concern.

You and Liane will shut the chaos that has developed between vampires and wolves, and bring peace once again .

I broke away from our embrace for a moment and saw her crying. She's crying as if she didn't want me to be harmed. Now, I see Helena's true character. Why is she acting like this now?

"Stellia, Liane and I are not the only ones who know that mark. The truth is, Christopher was the first to who saw it." My eyes widened at what I found out. "But I will protect you if Christopher harms you."

What do I do now?

That's all that came out of my lips. I don't know how I can reconcile the two different races.

"Go to Liane. Talk to her about how you can fix the chaos." Helena said.

"What about you? What if you get hurt?" I asked her.

"Don't worry, no one will hurt me." She assured me that she will be alright and hugged me tightly.

Go and find her, Stellia.