Chaos and Lives

Liane's POV

We didn't expect the trouble between the vampires and the wolves to start soon. Helena is injured while Stellia is afraid to face her mother. I approached Stellia to calm her down.

"Stellia, don't worry we will get through this." I assure Stellia that everything will be fine.

"How are we going to get through this? Are we going to kill each other? Are we going to fight?" She was obviously upset because of what happened. I held her arms tightly and made her face me.

"No one will die among us. We will end the trouble, let's work together." Stellia hugged me. I know she's scared but I'll make sure that her mother doesn't hurt her. Mykel knocked to talk to me and I left Stellia's embrace.

I'll be right back.

I left the room and talked to my brother.

"You have to deal with that demon queen. Many will perish." Mykel warned me. "Remember your promise to our mother." He added. How did he knew what my mother and I talked about?

"We will not face that queen until Stellia is ready." I'm worried. My brother's face changed. He was obviously disappointed by what I said. "I have to tell our father what happened. I don't want him to be surprised." I added. Mykel stops me.

Our father will disown you, Liane.

I like that more so that I can only protect Stellia.

My brother didn't stop me anymore and I went out of the safe house to visit our father in our kingdom. As I traveled, many thoughts entered my brain. How can I defend our kingdom and Stellia? I have reached the kingdom. When I entered the kingdom, the look of the soldiers and the servants was full of judgment. They seem to know that a princess in the kingdom of wolves is interceding with me. I entered my father's room, and I saw the king sitting on his throne. I was about to get closer when my father rushed to me and I received a hard slap. I know this is what my father would do to me.

"How did you know about that wolf princess? That's a wolf, Liane. They're our enemied." My father said bitterly. His frustration was obvious. My father was stressed because he found out the news.

"I love her, dear king. I have loved her for a long time." I explained to my father. I heard his deep sigh because of what he heard.

"I didn't raise you-."

"Raised what? You didn't raise me to love other women? Is that what you want to say?" I couldn't believe to my father. That's what he wants from me. I thought he could support me like my mother. I was wrong.

"It's not like that-."

"I never wished to have a princely husband, dear king. All I wanted was someone who would love me as much as my mother loved you. I also wanted the wolf and vampire camps to be in order. I don't want war and chaos, dear king. I will accept your rejection of me, but I will follow what my mother wished for me and I will keep my promise to our dear queen."

"Wish? Promise?" The king obviously knows nothing about the past of the two creatures.

"The dear queen asked me to protect the wolf princess. I promised her that I would protect Stellia and fix the relationship betweenwolves and vampires." Before I turned my back on my father I said something to him.

"In case the wolves rebel at us, get our soldiers ready. Be careful, father." I finally told my father and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back as if he didn't want to let me go or out of his sight. I let go of the hug and turned my back on my father. Before I left the kingdom, I heard my father's concern.

Be careful, my dear child.

I immediately left our kingdom. After I came out, Synx came up to me. He seems to know the news. I passed him but he called me.

Liane!

I turned to him and he came to me. "I will come with you. I will help you with your mission." I smiled at what I heard. I put my arm around my friend's shoulder and invited him to the safe house. "What are you planning, Liane? I'm sure that those wolf warriors will find you." Synx asked. Only one thing came to my mind.

"We need to get away from the danger first." My direct response.

"How?"

"To the university. We're only going to the university and the safe house. We will make sure they won't attack us." I put the plan down but Synx seems worried about my plan.

"How are you sure we're safe?"

"They won't attack us. Many people are studying at the university." He sighed deeply but agreed to my plan. We quickly reached the safe house. When we entered, Stellia greeted me with her hug.

"Where are you from, Liane? Why are you with Synx?" She pointed at Synx and I saw my beloved take a step back.

"Don't worry, he's on our side." I assured Stellia that Synx was on our side. The three of us went straight to the room to lay out the plan.

"Stellia, listen to me. I know this plan is a bit risky but it will work." I held Stellia's hands. "We're still going to university so the wolf warriors don't hurt us." Stellia was suddenly nervous about my plan.

"What you're planning is dangerous. What if.. people die in the university? They're never afraid of mortals."

"None of them will die. Believe me." Stellia couldn't make up her mind because she knew that my plan was quite dangerous. She breathes heavily and she looked at me and at Synx.

Alright, let's do your plan, Liane.

The next day

We prepared our gear, and our protections in case of wolves. We said goodbye to Helena and Mykel. Before we went to university, Mykel told us. "If something bad happens to you or the university, you know what to do Liane." I nodded and he hugged me. We immediately said goodbye to our lovers and went straight to the university.

When we arrived at the university, we noticed that there were no people hanging around outside. This is where we got nervous.

"Why is it quiet here? It's usual at this time, there are many people." Synx feel anxious from the quietness of the university.

It's 8 in the morning, it's overcast but at this time, many people are hanging out outside the university. We entered a building where our class was. We stopped when I saw some blood scattered on the floor. The three of us ran to the class and we couldn't believe on what we saw. Our classmates are dead and lifeless. Some of them had their body parts dismembered, and others had their organs out. Synx restrained himself because he was hungry for blood, while Stellia immediately comes out because of what she saw. I put a thick scarf in Synx's mouth and tied it up.

"Let's look at other classrooms to see if there are people who died as well." I said. Synx and I went out to follow Stellia but the three of us stopped when we saw the queen of the wolf kingdom, Stellia's mother with blood splattered in her mouth. She was coming closer to us and Stellia couldn't move because of what she saw. I immediately took her hand and we ran away from the university. I carried Stellia on my back while Synx and I sped up our running. Synx looked behind us for a moment to see if anyone followed us and no wolves followed us. I can feel Stellia's crying on my back. How can we bravely face her when she has already killed many innocent people.

Deity, help us.