Chapter 2 Now We Found Him, Now What?

"Too. big," AAARRRGGHH grunted as he desperately tried to push a boulder out of our way.

"It's okay wingman. You tried." Toby consoled.

"It's hardly okay. We're on the distinctly wrong side of the cavern's collapse. merlin's tomb will now apparently become our own" blinky panted. Crystals were crashing from around us, dust flying in the air. The damage became too much and we all hid under AAARRRGGHH.

"Or we could just go that way! There's an opening!" Claire pointed to a hole in the wall.

"Thus affording us the opportunity to be trapped somewhere else." blinky's voice echoed along the walls of the hole.

"Or, it's a way out, huh? You gotta think positive." Toby began waking in.

"I'm not entirely sure I know how." blinky muttered, following close behind. The rest of us went ahead but Jim strayed away. Luckily Claire noticed and talked him out of his depressive mood."I don't think this is taking us out...." I noted.

"We need to find a way to go up," Jim grunted.

"Hmm. right. Yeah, look for some stairs. Or better yet, an elevator." Toby joked sarcastically.

We reached a narrow end and ducked under a crystal to reveal a great opening.

"That way." AAARRRGGHH pointed towards another tunnel. We kept walking until we found a huge room, in the center, merlin.

"Great golbus, it's him." blinky muttered.

As we all saw who was here I couldn't help but glare at him for a few seconds as I remembered what he caused. Tho I can say it wasn't his fault he is in his own right wise as some would say.'So he's been here this whole time....this should be interesting...'

"Is it really?" Claire gasped.

"Must be," AAARRRGGHH stated.

"Merlin," Jim whispered. From his back pocket, the blue stone from his amulet started glowing. Jim looked at it thoughtfully before walking up to Merlin, who was completely covered in a blanket of cobwebs. a small blue whisper escaped the stone and floated over to merlin, awakening him.

Merlin jolted up, eyes wide open. He breathed in a mouthful of cobwebs, causing him to cough harshly.

"Are you the trollhunter?" Merlin turned to face Jim. "I thought you'd be taller." he continued as Jim stuttered. "Yes I expected much taller. And older. How old are you? Ten?"

"Uh, sixteen." Jim replied nervously.

"I guess I was only off by.." Merlin started mumbling." fourteen years."

"Holy merlin. It's really you!" Toby exclaimed.

"Just what kind of troll are you?" Merlin pondered.

"I'm not a troll! I'm a toby." Toby argued.

"And who is this lovely creature?" Merlin looked over at claire.

"Blinkous galadrigal, at your ser-" blinky butted in.

"Not you. You."Merlin dismissed, pointing towards claire.

"Uh, Claire Nunez, sir." she meekly spoke.

"A pleasure, my dear." Merlin replied, earning a grumble of annoyance from toby.

"So this is the great and powerful merlin..." I say a little ege to my voice.

"Anyway's your sageness, we-" blinky stopped himself at the disgusting sound of merlin's bones cracking. So many, it was a wonder they weren't broken.