II.

( a not so discreet Milo and a family reunion )

PLATFORM 9 ¾ WAS FULL WITH heartfelt family reunions, loud shouting, some tears here and there and complete chaos.

Looking for his mother, Milo was pushing through the crowd, not even sparing a glance at the people he shoved out of his way. He just needed to get away from this place, fast.

Finally he spotted the woman he was searching for, standing at the far back looking around impatiently while throwing some glances at the ginger haired woman next to her that was close to crying when one of her children greeted her.

Disgusted she turned away, the proud woman hated the sight of tears, or to be more specifical, she hated all emotions (except fear and anger, that was the only emotion she tolerated, but only if it was herself feeling it).

When Milo reached her he gave his suitcase to the house-elf that quickly vanished with it. Then he turned to Anna Bähr, a stunningly beautiful woman who mustered him with a cold look.

"Mutter"(Mother), he addressed her politely while nodding his head. Anna was a person that did not accept impoliteness in any way, shape or form, if he wasn't polite, it would come back to bite him in the arse later when he was at home. "Es ist schön dich wiederzusehen." (It's good to see you again)

She looked him up and down, taking in his posture and the way he put on his robes, seeing no flaws she decided to give him an answer, although a short one. "Gleichfalls" (likewise) That was all she said while lifting up her arm and stiffly waiting for him to hold onto it so she could quickly disapparate from this foul place.

Milo quickly complied, throwing one last glance into the crowd, hoping that he'd catch one last glance of the girl — he knew her name now, so instead of being "the girl" she now was Hermione — but to no avail, he wasn't able to find her.

Meanwhile the subject of Milo's interest stood almost next to him, greeting a tearful Mrs. Weasley who was squishing all the air out of her with one hug after another. While the only thing she could do was wrap her hands around Mrs. Weasley's plump body and pat her on the back, smiling awkwardly, she noticed something.

Not too far off from their big family meeting (well it was the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione were already like not so distant cousins to them), was a rather strange reunion. A tall, black woman — dressed in an expensive looking green dress — was looking at her son with a cold and calculating gaze, showing no softness in her mahogany colored eyes, while the boy, who Hermione knew from a small, strange encounter (that involved a lot of staring from his side) was just standing there stiffly with his jaw clenched. She didn't know his name, but judging by his robes and the way he presented himself with perfect manners in front of this woman could only mean one thing: he was a Slytherin and probably not one of the normal, silent ones, no he surely was similar or even the same as Draco Malfoy.

Just as she spotted him, he had already vanished, leaving no trace of him ever being there behind.

Now Hermione was intrigued by the strange boy, why would he — a Slytherin pureblood — sit next to her in the library when all the other seats were unoccupied, why would he stare at her for such a long time (without any sign of shame, at that) and who was he looking for, when he threw this one glance around the crowd before disapparating with his mother.

The way he looked around, trying to be discreet ( failing to do so, like always, Hermione noticed), it broke her heart, because he looked so lonely doing this. At first glance it seemed like he was looking for help, for someone that would take him away from this woman; later on Hermione thought that it couldn't have been that, it was more like he was just searching for something with no goal or desire in his mind.