XVI.

( voldy's back . . . apparently )

THE DAY ON WHICH the third task should be held got closer and closer and Hermione and Milo's meetings were cut short so she could focus on helping Harry prepare for the last one of these deadly tasks.

The idea to not meet as often was brought up by Milo, who noticed her looking more stressed every time he saw her, be it at night when they were alone, or when he crossed her in the corridors. Hermione just looked done and he hated seeing her like that, especially when he was partly the reason for that.

Hermione only reluctantly agreed to this suggestion, wanting to spend time with her boyfriend, but in the end she realized that it did her no good to put her body and mind under so much stress. Even if the time she spent with Milo was always relaxing and put her nerves at ease.

It was late at night, not even five minutes before all students had to be in their common rooms, but Milo could care less as he lounged in the library. He snuck out so often over the past few months that he was convinced that there was no one actually checking if all the students were where they were supposed to be.

As he gathered the newest book he was reading (one that Hermione had suggested to him) and wanted to leave the library, he heard soft footsteps near him.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist from behind and Milo was ready to kick whoever this was or throw a spell at them, but as he smelt the familiar scent of Hermione, he relaxed into her touch.

Turning around, Milo put a reproachful expression on his face as he looked at Hermione, who was smiling sheepishly at him. "I thought we agreed to not meet up so you could get more sleep."

Hermione just continued to smile at him innocently, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Milo put a bit of distance between them, looking over her, now that he could finally see her up close again. "Shut up, you look like you're close to throwing yourself off of the Astronomy tower."

"Maybe I look like that because I miss you so much," Hermione overcame the distance between them and pecked his cheek.

Milo sighed, "You know, I also miss you but you really should take better care of yourself." He put a kiss to her forehead as he hugged her.

Eventhough they didn't have all that much time to get to know one another or be intimate, they had no problems with sharing sweet moments like this. There are no rules when it comes to love and they seemed to live by this.

After a short moment of silence, Milo pulled away from the hug, "Okay, you should really go to sleep, or talk a bit with Potter, who knows what kind of condition he will be in after the last task."

Hermione hit him in the shoulder as she turned away, "Just wait, Harry will excel in this task."

"Yeah, but only because of your help, that boy would already be dead if it weren't for you," Milo responded with a smirk on his face, as he followed her outside of the library.

Hermione's cheeks turned red at the compliment, "Shut up, I'll go now, see you sometime." With a wave she turned around and wanted to walk towards the Gryffindor tower.

"Wait," Milo grabbed her wrist and turned her around to face him, "You can't just leave like that, Schatz." He placed a soft kiss on her lips, mumbled a 'good night' , kissed her again and walked off with a content smile on his face.

The curly haired girl stood in the corridor for a second before hissing in his direction, "I hate you" and with that she walked in the direction of her common room with a small smile on her face and her cheeks a light red color.