XXXIII.

( telling the friends)

"You are dating who and for how long have you been doing that?" Ron asked in shock, chicken wing in hand and mouth wide open as he looked at Hermione.

She hissed at him with a disgusted expression, "Could you keep it down, for Merlin's sake? People can hear us." She threw a worried glance around the Great Hall, her eyes remaining for a moment longer on Milo as he was talking with a blond haired guy she knew was called Damian and Milo's kind-of-friend.

This time, Ron whispered, though with the same appalled tone, "You are dating who and for how long have you been doing that?"

Harry, who looked more confused than horrified, looked over to the Slytherin table back to Hermione and then again to the Slytherin table.

Hermione sighed, she should have followed her gut feeling, instead of listening to Milo, but he was right, now that they were amongst so many people, her two best friends couldn't make that big of a deal out of the revelation of her relationship.

"We've been dating since last year, kind of, it's complicated. Anyway I just wanted you to know that because I really like him and since you all were so enthusiastic about Cho, I hope we can be like that about Milo, too."

Harry nodded along to her words, though he was not very convinced. "Is this some kind of joke? Are you working with Fred and George or something? I know you're perfectly capable of charming anyone but a Slytherin? And Malfoy's friend at that? I think you deserve better than that."

Ron nodded along as he set down his food, he too, was now looking back and forth between Hermione and Milo, as if that would explain anything. "You really shouldn't trust someone like him, Hermione. What if he's only using you to get to Harry or something?"

She knew their worries were only well-meant but it was also a bit discouraging, having your best friends question and criticize your boyfriend like that.

They continued talking in hushed voices and as their conversation about Hermione's love life morphed into them joking around with each other, the girl was reminded of why she loved them so much. No matter their initial doubts and fights and disagreements, they would always come back together, support each other and joke around.

And as she looked over to Milo, she found him looking back at her, a smile so small that she almost missed it was on his face and he winked at her, before turning back to Damian who had also been looking at her. Their conversation seemed more serious judging by their serious expression and how they put their heads together.

She wondered what they were talking about, but figured that Milo would tell her later if it was anything important.

The weeks passed and everything seemed rosy, Milo's life began to look up.

He had a new friend, Damian, with whom he could talk about most things, he had (finally) begun to distance himself from Malfoy and his lackeys, without making it too obvious and he finally had his amazing girlfriend back.

What could he need more?

Of course, there were still his parents at home, from them he had to flee (but that was a problem for later, for now Milo decided to enjoy his time at Hogwarts) and there was also the Dark Lord but honestly, besides these possible threats to Milo's and Hermione's lives, everything was amazing.

Milo had even had a semi-official first meeting with Potter and Weasley; well it really wasn't a meeting, they had just talked a few words when Hermione had introduced them one night after a D.A. meeting.

The two Gryffindor boys were quite skeptical and cold towards Milo but he didn't mind, he was like that too. Though it must be that he made a kind of good first impression, because when they met in the halls, they greeted him with subtle nods, Milo counted that as a win.

Of course, there also was the problem that Milo and Hermione still had to sneak around at night to meet each other but neither of them minded, as long as they could spend time together without there being a threat of Milo's parents discovering them and deciding to take him home and torture him for his deeds, everything was alright.

"You know that I love you, right?" Milo asked as Hermione lay in his lap and he was braiding her hair.

Hermione looked up at him, away from her book. "I do recall you telling me that. Why?"

Milo shrugged and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "I just felt like telling you." There was a short silence as Hermione turned back to her book. "Do you want to do something funny?"

Hermione put her book aside to show him that she was listening, or ready to hit him with her book.

"I was thinking that we could go up to the Astronomy tower and watch the stars together, there are no classes there today, so we'd be on our own."

"You planned this, didn't you?" Hermione asked him while getting up and grabbing a blanket.

Milo nodded sheepishly, "So, do you want to go?"

Holding her hand out to him, Hermione smiled, "Of course, what are we even waiting for?"

As they sneaked out to the astronomy tower the couple relished in the feeling of the other's hand in theirs and the suppressed laughter escaping them as they passed some cursing paintings.

"You are quite the romantic, Milo," Hermione admitted as they sat together with the blanket wrapped around their shoulders, watching the stars.

Milo smirked, "I try my best, Schatz."

They sat, watching the stars, Hermione pointing out the constellations she knew and Milo telling her some stories about their name origins.

When they were together, time seemed to have no meaning or form and as the sun began to rise, they once again realized just how much they lost track of time when they were together.

Hermione looked over the rising sun with a smile on her face, "It's beautiful."

Milo looked over to her, his eyes shining with tears as he thought of all the beautiful things he had missed while being locked up in his own home and how all of that would change soon. "It really is."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖙 𝖔𝖒𝖓𝖎𝖆!
hermione granger x milo bähr !
✎ᝰ. -NEPTUNXS