VIII.

( the aftermath of the ball )

NOW THAT THE YULE BALL was over, the library had almost returned to being the quiet place it once was, Viktor Krum only visited the place occasionally, which probably has to do with the fact that the second task was slowly nearing and he had to figure out how to complete it and get into first place.

Now Hermione was sitting alone most of the time, almost saddened by the fact that Viktor wasn't trying so hard to get her attention anymore. Though she got over it and focused on helping Harry with the task while also observing Milo Bähr, who had been very distant ever since he gave her his suit jacket.

She had noticed that in the past months he had been sitting as near to her as it was possible with Krum and his fangirls around. But now it was almost like he was trying to get as much distance between the two of them as it was possible; what upset her the most was that she was hurt by his actions, having felt some kind of connection at the Yule Ball.

However she had no right to be upset or to confront him, seeing as they were just strangers who had only interacted thrice. Even if it felt like those few moments were extraordinary.

The circles under Milo's eyes were getting worse as each day passed by and combined with his changed eating habits and the paranoia of being spied upon was slowly getting too much for the boy.

Ever since he had received a letter from his father with a very detailed retelling of what has happened at the Yule Ball and whom he had interacted with ( mainly Hermione Granger, who Milo found out, was a mud-blood ) and a very clear warning, Milo was on edge.

He knew that his parents had let him off with just a warning because Milo wasn't at the mansion, had he been at home, the boy didn't even want to imagine what would've happened to him.

At the moment Milo was just trying to keep a low profile, not getting too much attention and interacting more with his house chamerades than he had ever done in his five years of attending Hogwarts.

While he was interested in knowing who had given his father such a detailed report, he didn't really try to actively find it out. It was better just letting this situation die down and get buried as a small slip up of his.

The boy with eyes as dark as the night sky has become a lifeless doll just doing as he was told by his father, not even thinking about doing anything else or talking with someone who wasn't in his house. Which also meant that he was ignoring Hermione Granger, the mud-blood he had been interested in, or rather was still interested, despute everything that happened.

It was difficult but Milo managed to stay away from her, refraining from even looking in her direction, too afraid that his father's spy would catch him and this time he would for sure not only get a warning but something much worse.

As everything happening around him got too much for him, Milo found solace in sneaking up to the Astronomy Tower late at night, looking at the stars and talking with the fading and returning moon.

At first the boy felt dumb for basically talking with himself, but as time passed he found it to be healing, getting all of his worries off him and letting them disappear into the vast infinity that was the night sky.

The night before the second task, Milo was once again on his way up to the Astronomy Tower when he heard footsteps hurrying along the hall. He quickly hid behind a statue, because getting caught would be his death sentence.

Watching the group of people that was led by Professor McGonagall, and consisted of four students following her, while exchanging looks asking each other what was happening with them. Amidst those students Milo spotted the familiar looking curls of Hermione Granger and for a moment it seemed that she caught him in his hiding place, holding eye contact as she passed by.

As the sound of footsteps disappeared and the black haired boy was sure that he could continue up to the Astronomy tower, he left the hiding place and quickly made his way up there, every time he blinked he was reminded of the pair of brown eyes that drilled holes into him as they were passing by.

Sitting down near the railing with his feet dangling over the edge Milo sighed, tilting his head backwards to get a better view of the constellations.

He thought about everything that happened to him today, but the sight of Hermione passing by him was just too heart wrenching for him, to be able to forget about it.

It truly was strange how deep the German boy had fallen for this girl he only has interacted with three times, was it even logical at this point to be that affected by her every action? Since when did he feel so much? Milo had always thought of himself as someone without any emotions just like his mother and father, so what was wrong with him ?

Why was his life slowly falling apart because of such a small inconvenience as not being able to talk with some low mud-blood? He should be happy that the question about her blood-status was now cleared and forget as fast as possible about her.

The blood running through his veins should lead him away from her but why was his blood always running cold and his heart skipping a beat when he accidentally spotted the young witch? Why? Why? Why was this happening to him out of all people?

When his grandmother said that there was a lot ahead of him, was this what she meant? Could she not have given him more details to help him out of this situation?

As always neither the moon nor the stars had an answer to all of his questions, they just continued to shine. Sometimes Milo thought that this was their way of saying that even though he doesn't have the answers to his questions yet and he wouldn't get rescued from this miserable situation, there was still something good awaiting him, he just needed to be patient. 

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

thankful for everyone who has started reading this story; i hope you all like it and i would really appreciate you leaving a comment, vote or idk maybe even a follow, it would really motivate me 

you don't have to tho! <33

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖙 𝖔𝖒𝖓𝖎𝖆
! hermione granger x milo bähr !
✎ᝰ. -NEPTUNXS