XIII.

( homer and his books )

"WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?" Milo asked as he leaned against one of the shelves in the library, watching Hermione as she turned around, completely broken out of the trance she was in as she read over the book spines. 

The curly haired girl shrugged, looking back at the shelf she was currently searching for a certain book, which book it was, she didn't know yet. "Nothing interesting. And you?"

Milo scoffed, "Hermione, I thought we already knew each other better than just saying 'nothing interesting'. Look I'll give you an example of how you could answer: 'Just looking for a book'. Maybe then I could even help you look for it."

Hermione stared at him in wonder, how could someone have so much confidence and audacity at the same time? "And what are you doing here? Getting on my nerves or getting in trouble with your family for talking to me in the middle of the library doesn't count as an answer."

"There aren't any people around, if you haven't noticed because dinner started like twenty minutes ago," Milo responded. "And I was curious since when you skipped dinner, you know that's not healthy, right?"

Hermione shook her head at that, "You're one to talk, you're almost never at dinner."

Milo lifted his shoulders in defense, "But that's because my company is insufferable." Then to change subject he walked closer to her, looking at the book spines and the different titles written on them. "What book are you searching for?"

Hermione, too, looked over the various books in desperation, "I don't know. Nothing really piques my interest at the moment. I don't really feel like reading a school book at the moment."

"Aren't you supposed to be the super smart girl that always reads about new spells?" Milo asked her mockingly.

"And aren't you supposed to be the super cold Slytherin guy that would never talk to someone like me? Guess we're both not really who others think we are," Hermione retorted, not moving her eyes away from the books.

Milo glanced in her direction, a bit surprised by the way she referred to herself as 'someone like me'. "What do you mean with 'someone like you'?"

Hermione still didn't take her eyes off of the books, focusing on her breathing instead of the many titles of books she already read and would never read. "You know, a Gryffindor and my parents aren't exactly the same as yours and the parents of your friends."

Milo now turned his body fully to her, "You know, I think that's part of what makes you interesting, if we all had the same parents, we all would be the same and wouldn't that just be boring?"

Hermione laughed at that and finally looked at him, "Yes, it probably would be boring."

Milo smiled, "See. Even you agree. So what are we going to do about your book?"

"It doesn't really matter, I'll just come here tomorrow and look again."

Milo shook his head at that, "No we can't have that. People will get scared when they don't see Hermione Granger with a book in her hand at breakfast." After having thought of something, Milo grabbed her hand and dragged her with him out of the library and down the empty corridors.

"Where are we going, Milo?" Hermione asked, a bit confused by his sudden action.

"Where we always go, just this time I get to decide what's in the room."