VI.

( the missing sweater and first conversation )

THE NEXT DAY was thankfully a Sunday, if it hadn't been, Milo would've been royally fucked. He slept the whole night on the couch, how Madame Pince hadn't found him and thrown him out of the library was still a mystery to him. And now he had the worst neck and back pain he has ever had. Was this really how some normal people slept or napped? Milo really preferred the king sized bed he had in the dorms or at home.

The next thing that bothered Milo was where his sweater had gone off to. He was 100% sure that he had taken one of the very few sweaters he had with him and put it somewhere onto the couch. Though after finally standing up and getting his book, Milo noticed a small note poking out from it.

An eye for an eye,

A sweater for some gloves

– H.J.G. :)

Now at least one of Milo's questions was cleared: the mystery person that had given him the gloves now has his sweater. He had to accept this, even though he found the exchange to be quite unfair, he got a pair of shabby gloves that didn't even look all that good, while that H.J.G. person got an expensive sweater for which Milo had to fight for, for a long time (and risked getting disowned for).

Now, Milo was a romantic person at heart, he really was, so the Yule Ball was actually something he was looking forward to.

There was just one problem. Milo didn't know who he should take with him. Of course, he wanted to do nothing else, than take Hermione with him but a person as beautiful as her would undoubtedly already have a date. Even if she hadn't already one, Milo could never even imagine asking her to be his date, seeing as she was a Gryffindor and he a Slytherin. It just would catch too much attention, eventually his parents would find out about it and that would be quite literally the end.

Thinking about this infatuation of his, Milo got more and more scared. What if someone would actually get to know about this? And even worse, what would happen if his parents found out about it? What would happen to Milo, or even worse, what would they do to Hermione? He didn't know about her blood status, but he was sure that his parents wouldn't approve of her. After all, she lived with lions and not snakes.

Although Milo was aware of all of this, it didn't stop him from staring at Hermione from afar and a small, rebellious part inside of him, wanted to get to know her better. Maybe this would stop him from being awake the whole night, watching out onto the Great Lake with all of its fascinating creatures. However, he wasn't paying any attention to them, only thinking about who Hermione was. Were they even compatible?

As his sleep rhythm was getting worse each night and the creatures of the lake got accustomed to him sitting just there, staring at them with stars in his eyes, not quite here his mind seeming to be in a faraway place, Milo decided to give in.

He would get to know the enigma that was Hermione and then leave her be. Not sparing a single glance in her direction, totally banishing her from his mind; he was sure he would lose his interest in her after just one simple conversation, after all it was always like this for him. Other people just weren't interesting enough. But oh, boy how wrong he was.

As always the library was bustling with people seeing as Viktor Krum was sitting on a table, but there was a difference in the way he acted. The star of Durmstrang almost seemed nervous, fiddling with the small flower he held in his hands. He was earlier here than usual looking around, probably waiting for Hermione to come and sit at the table she usually was sat at.