XXVI.

( caution and presents )

Finally, after having socialized the whole day with different people, but mostly Damian, Milo sat on his bed. The green curtains were closed as they always were, so he could get at least a bit of privacy in the shared dorm room.

Though, before falling asleep, there was one last thing the boy had to do and he had been dreading it the whole day. Getting over himself, he opened the folded piece of parchment and read the few lines scratched on it.

Watch Potter closely and report anything you notice.

Something will happen soon.

Nothing more was written. As always.

Milo wondered what would happen? And where. Maybe in Hogwarts, although he doubted that, the Dark Lord wasn't strong enough for that yet. But now that he had to pay more attention to Potter than he had to up until now, Milo was sure it had something to do with the younger boy. And when Potter was involved, Hermione wouldn't be far away.

Nothing would happen to her, would it? There was no reason to harm her, but wasn't her sole existence reason enough for the Dark Lord? Milo had to warn her. If something would happen to her, he would never be able to forgive himself for it.

Without thinking much of it, Milo decided to talk to her the next day. Hopefully he would be able to catch her after a meeting of this secret organization she had founded with her two lackeys.

The next day came around soon enough and as hours passed by, Milo couldn't help himself but feel anxious. What if he didn't manage to talk to Hermione? Would she even be willing to talk to him? Would she believe him?

He didn't know. But he could, had to try at the very least.

Evening came around and Milo, being the only one on duty for Umbridge and her inquisitorial staff on this very day, had to be on look out for anything that was out of order. He waited behind a curtain that led into a dark pathway and was ready to grab Hermione and talk to her. Even if he was sure she would hit him, he had to try and help her.

He stood there for what felt like hours until he at last heard the voices of many students. He waited and waited until Hermione, fortunately trailing behind on her own, walked across his spot. Without thinking much, he pulled her aside and into his chest, covering her mouth as she tried to scream.

"Please don't scream, Hermione," Milo whispered in her ear. "I just want to talk to you."

The girl had already guessed it was him, his touch and smell felt familiar, but as she heard his voice softly whispering in her ear, she did the only thing she could think of doing. She lifted her foot and let it crash down on his, forcing him to let go of her and hold his foot in pain. "How charming you are, Bähr," she spoke angrily.

Still holding his foot, Milo replied, "Thanks, I can only return the favor." Then he remembered the purpose of his actions. "Listen, I know you don't want to talk to me but I have to tell you something."

"How considerate of you," Hermione said as she crossed her arms and looked anywhere but in his eyes, she knew she would grow soft. "What is it then? Unlike some people, I have friends who will worry when I disappear."

Ignoring the clear insult she had thrown at him, Milo told her the little information he knew. "I know this might sound crazy, but you have to keep an eye on Potter. Something bad, like really, really, bad will happen and I don't want you to get hurt."