XXXII.

( you and i )

A week had passed and Milo hadn't heard a word from Hermione.

She was avoiding him like the plague. When she saw him in the corridors, she walked the other way and when she caught Milo looking at her in the Great Hall, her smile dropped and she turned to her friends.

Now, Milo didn't give up just because of that and hoped she would meet up with him tonight, so he had put a note in one of her books when she was in the library. He just hoped she would find the note.

Night came and Milo found himself, once again, alone in front of the room of requirements, unsure if Hermione would show up.

Though, as Milo heard footsteps approaching, he sighed in relief, he knew the sound of her confident steps by heart. So it was no surprise to him when Hermione came around the corner and smiled unsurely at him as she came closer.

"How have you been?" Milo asked as he opened the door for her, closing it after they both had gone inside the room.

Hermione smiled weakly up at him, brushing a hand through her hair. "Okay, I had a lot of thinking to do."

Milo nodded and sat down on the couch, facing Hermione as she stood still in the middle of the room, her fingers nervously fiddling with the silver necklace she wore around her neck.

"So, I've been thinking. You said you never wanted any part in this, you're only Voldemort's pawn and your parents forced you to be a part of all this," she looked at him for confirmation and in her eyes Milo could see the inner turmoil tearing her apart.

Oh, how he loathed himself for putting her through all this.

Milo nodded at her statement. He knew better than to speak now, she had thought time and time again about what she would say and Milo knew that what Hermione needed right now was to let everything out.

"I know you're better than this. You don't have it in you to kill people just because of their heritage, I know that it would tear you apart, but you are part of them now," Hermione inhaled deeply, tears welled up in her eyes as she prepared her next words. "I love you, Milo, I really do. But I won't let that love blind me from the truth. You being a Death Eater, I cannot allow this and if there's any part of you that cares about the person you could be, a part that cares about our future, then I ask you to find a way out. You don't have to do it alone, I can help you, we can fight against the darkness together."

There was a silence as Hermione sat down, still fiddling with her necklace and Milo just watched her.

He watched how the tears in her eyes disappeared, how her hair was for once neatly braided and how she had the necklace he had given her around her neck and how she was using it to help her calm down. How could he ever even think about leaving her?

Finally, Milo decided to speak, his voice soft as he took Hermione's hands in his, putting a halt to her nervous fiddling. "I love you too, Granger. And I'm really lucky that you suggest helping me out because over the break I've been thinking a lot and now I'm sure of it. I will run away from home and leave everything behind."

Hermione looked up at him with big eyes, she hadn't expected that her words would actually have an effect on him, but then again, she had only spoken them because she knew that he would think about it, think about them. "I knew you were better than this. Do you already have a plan?"

Sheepishly Milo rubbed his neck with one hand, "Of course I do, who do you think you are talking to right now?"

She gave him a blank look not at all amused by his sarcasm. "So we're starting from zero?"

"Yes." Milo nodded. "We're starting from zero, but let me handle it, you can just tell me how dumb everything I thought of is, when I'm finished."

Even if the pair knew that they had a lot of thinking to do, they decided that this night was there for them to reunite (once again). They spent the whole night talking, holding hands and in comfortable silence, talking about everything and nothing at the same time.

Sitting up, Hermione looked down at Milo, who was laying on the couch, and asked "What are we now?"

Milo leant on his elbow and looked over to her with a raised eyebrow. "Best friends?"

"I was being serious, you know," Hermione told him as she shoved him down, laying herself on top of him, her face only inches from his.

He flipped them over in a quick move and as Hermione regained her composure, he leant down, his lips softly touching her skin with each word he said.

"I was thinking," he kissed her neck, "That after all" he moved up to her jaw line, "That has happened between us," he kissed her cheek, "I could regain the honor of calling you my girlfriend."

As he spoke the last word, his lips hovered over hers and Hermione couldn't focus on anything besides the feeling of Milo's breath softly fanning against her lips. She just wanted to kiss him.

That was also exactly what she did. Hermione put her hands on both sides of his face and pulled him down, their lips finally connecting in a kiss. Both melted into the kiss, pulling the other closer and closer, even if there was nothing more separating them besides their clothes as they held each other.

For a moment she then pulled away and looked in Milo's deep brown eyes with a sweet smile on her face. "I think you can call me your girlfriend again."

Milo smiled and connected their lips once again, relishing in the feeling of having Hermione, his stunning girlfriend,  back in his arms.

And as they held each other both of them thought back to those strange dreams they have had.

Their other selves were right and now they knew better, even if their future was not secure, they would enjoy every moment they had together because in the present they loved each other.

Nothing else mattered to them in this moment, besides one giving the other a part of their heart on a golden plate and a smile on their face.
Because they knew, the stars had written their story long before either of them had even known what true love was.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

soo, i'm actually in love with this chapter, it's probably been my favorite to write so far so please tell me how you like it everyone !

love you lots <3

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖙 𝖔𝖒𝖓𝖎𝖆!
hermione granger x milo bähr !
✎ᝰ. -NEPTUNXS