X.

( too many worries that can just be ignored )

MILO FELT LIKE HE was on top of the world.

He had conversed with Hermione Granger for a whole night, both of them enjoying the other's presence to the extent that they hadn't even noticed the hours pass by.

Only when they both almost fell asleep on the comfortable sofa did they check the time on their watches and notice that the door had reappeared. In a hurry they had left the room, only to see the first rays of sun make their way past the cloudy April sky.

Milo cursed as he realized that he was fucked, his dorm mates had probably noticed that he wasn't there and whoever had spied on him during the Yule Ball must also have gone looking for him, suspicious of his disappearance.

"Merlin, I am so fucked," the brown haired boy cursed under his breath.

Hermione spared him a sympathetic look, now knowing of his situation and the consequences that would follow when someone found out with whom he spent the whole night.

Though there was a small ache in her chest as she watched his mood turn sour once again, because a part of her knew at that moment, that whatever was developing between them was difficult and would only cause them both problems in the future. However the bigger part of her didn't really care, she was a teenager after all and the dangers that followed Milo Bähr like a shadow, only seemed to make him more interesting and desirable (or the fact that she was so used to problems and conflict due to being friends with Harry, that she literally couldn't bring herself to care).

"I'll see you sometime," was all the girl said, too confused by her emotions, before she hurried off in the direction of the Gryffindor tower, her curls bouncing behind her in that way that completely captivated Milo, even if he noticed that they had lost their pretty form from laying around the whole night.

He wanted to shout after her, though he didn't know what. Did he want to ask her to stay? Did he want to continue talking with her? Did he want to curse her for seducing him and putting him in this shitty situation? Did he want to put all the blame for the loss of his easy and controlled life on her?

Okay, he would never accuse her of seducing him, it wasn't her fault that Milo fell for her the moment he saw her hit Draco Malfoy in the face. It also wasn't her fault that Milo was born into this family that would probably kill him if they knew what he had done that night.

The Bähr boy decided that it was best for the both of them at the moment if he just watched her disappear around a corner, in silence.

As he stood there staring at the place where the door had been only moments before and over to the corner behind which Hermione had disappeared, he only sighed, tensed his shoulders and clenched his jaw and made his way back to the Slytherin common room.

During his walk across the halls of Hogwarts, Milo couldn't quite get himself to concentrate on the wonderful sight of the sun rising and turning the sky a rosy color, the same color that Hermione's cheeks took on whenever she talked about something she was interested in. His mind was too preoccupied with finding an excuse for his disappearance.

Could he just say that he got lost in the castle, after having been here for 5 years now? Maybe he'd just say that he fell asleep in the library while studying. That would work best and it was likely that no one would even be interested in knowing where he had gone off to. After all, he wasn't really close with anyone.

Thankfully, everything worked out in Milo's favor, he was able to sneak into his dorm without waking anyone up and just tucked himself in, pretending that he had been in his bed the whole night.