Dio 《Excitement》

Requested by: No one

Basically Dio is a little bit of a simp in this one.

~~~~

"It's stupid..." The maid tugged on my corset to make sure it would squeeze my body perfectly.

Basically until I couldn't breathe anymore.

"It's not stupid, a woman should be perfect to the male eye. What if you can't find yourself a husband now that you're of age?" She pulled it tighter and I gasped for air.

"Who cares? Why should I need a husband anyway? Men are idiots who care for nothing but money and Sex."

"Ms. L/N, do not speak like that! It's not very ladylike." I sighed as loudly as I could. I didn't care about all this fancy stuff. I didn't even like the men that would be on the ball. I had what? One male friend? He wasn't even my type. Besides, he's betrothed to Erina Pendleton. I was a little excited to meet them tonight, since they're my friends after all, but I'd be approached by so many greedy men it'd make me sick.

"All the men I meet are gonna be boring..." My maid sighed again.

"Your father does think it's a shame you can't marry your dear friend, Jonathan."

"He's boring too... And he's in love with Erina, remember?" My maid was the one to sigh now.

"You're a hopeless disaster, Ms
L/N." I pouted and she excused herself to leave me alone before we would be leaving. I wore a puffy, red gown that covered most of my body. The gown itself wasn't too bad, but it wasn't necessarily suit for me. I wanted to do exciting things and experience real, honest love. The type of love I'd read about in the books father bought me. There's no way any of the men I'd meet would offer me that. They'd be looking at me and judging me based on how I look, that's it. My H/C-colored hair was put up in a complicated hairdo, which I had explicitly been told not too touch. I was almost hoping someone would bump into me and make it fall off so my head wouldn't hurt so bad...

"Ms. L/N, time to leave." My maid's voice was heard from outside the door. I lifted my gown slightly and made my way outside to our carriage.

~~~

When we got to the Joestar mansion, multiple people had already entered and began the celebration. I wasn't sure what we were celebrating, but things like this always ended up in someone getting courted.

"Let's head inside, shall we?" My father asked as he walked with me. The ballroom was huge. Like, absolutely huge. I let go of my father's arm and glanced up at the decorated ceiling. I had been here many times through the years, but it hadn't ever been this beautiful before.

"Y/N, over here!" Jonathan's voice called out to me and I ran over to him and Erina.

"Good evening! It's so beautiful here tonight!" I said with excitement.

"They spent a lot of time decorating. By the way, you haven't seen Dio have you?" I blinked a few times at his question.

"Dio? I've only ever seen him once. I haven't even talked to him even though you've lived together for years. Why would you think I'd notice him tonight?" It was true I had only seen him once in my life, possibly twice, and he didn't seem to be too fond of me.

"Ah, you're right. My bad." He excused himself as someone walked over to us. He introduced Erina to them but I got bored right away and decided to go look for the food. I wasn't supposed to eat since I was supposed to attract men, but who cares.

"Excuse me miss, may I have this dance?" I turned around and saw a middle aged, brunette man with a mustache. Most men in the room were at least twice my age, and didn't appeal to me at all.