Bucciarati《Halloween Special》

Alternative title: 《Scaredy-Cat》

Requested by: No one.

THIS SUCKS SO BAD IM SORRY

~~~~

"Okay, Mista and Narancia take the left side, Fugo and Abbacchio take the right and Giorno and I go towards the back. Got it?" Bucciarati had just explained our orders and what the mission was about. We were at an abandoned amusement park which was rumored to be the home of some drug dealers. I decided to clear my throat.

"What about me??" I asked.

"Oh, sorry Y/N. You'll stay here at the front." He explained. "Just in case some of them tries to escape."

"What? I'm just gonna stand here and do nothing?!" Not to question his judgement, but that sounded boring.

"Yes. We'll be back before you know it."

"Ugh, fine..."

The group left, quickly separating into the pairs that Bucciarati had divided them into. I leaned back on of the pillar that held the broken sign above me. Everything was quiet. There wasn't even any wind whistling through the air. I sighed and slouched down on the ground, leaning my head back in the process.

~~~

After about 15 minutes, I decided they probably didn't need my help. Though, it was quite suspicious that I hadn't heard any commotion coming from any direction yet. I closed my eyes, thinking I'd just sit here and wait, when I heard a twig snap.

I immediately got up and took out my stand. There had been nothing but silence up until now, it can't have been a coincidence.

Another sound was heard from a nearby bush. It rustled so much, I expected some type of small animal to come jumping out of it, but there was nothing. The sky was black, and covered in clouds. Not even the moon helped me see. I walked closer and closer, thinking I might scare away whatever was in there.

I stood right in front of the bush, still listening for nearby sounds. I filled my lungs with a deep breath, before separating the leaves in the middle to see what was there.

Nothing.

I stood up and sighed, taking back my stand. Maybe I was hearing things? Maybe it really was just a larger rat or something that snuck away before I had a chance to see it? I'm sure whichever it was, it was gone.

I turned around, thinking nothing more of it when suddenly, someone stood face to face with me. I jumped back in fear, stumbling on my own feet until I landed on my butt. After blinking a few times, I realized it was Mista.

"YOU JERK! YOU CAN'T JUST CREEP UP ON ME LIKE THAT!" I yelled at him, but he bended over from laughing so hard.

"You should have seen your face! It was hilarious!"

"What?! Did you mean to scare me like that?!"

"Duh... It's Halloween, we're at an abandoned amusement park and you were on your own. You're also really jumpy."

"I'm not jumpy." I said as someone put their hands on my shoulders, making me yelp. I turned around and saw Narancia looking at me with a large grin.

"You were right! I really thought she'd notice me, but she didn't!" He said between laughters. I glanced back at Mista who nearly got teary-eyed.

"I told ya! Y/N is so easy to scare."

"I am not! Geez..." I got up again and quickly checked my surroundings. "No one else, right?"

"Nope." Mista answered.

"Good. Why are the two of you even here?"

"Oh, there weren't any drug dealers on the left side so we got bored." Narancia didn't bother to look at me as I sighed.

"...And what do you think will happen if they get chased to the left side and no one is there?" They both looked at each other, realizing they fucked up.

"Oh."

~~~

The three of us walked back to their previous position, looking for anything that seemed suspicious. So far, we hadn't encountered anyone else. Though, that would change as the rest of them came running towards us.

"We've been looking everywhere for you!" Bucciarati yelled towards us.

"Huh? Me?" I asked as I pointed to myself.

"No, not you. Them!" Mista and Narancia avoided eye contact with him.  "They escaped thanks to your lack of participation."

"Oh, yeah... About that..." Mista trailed off as the rest finally caught up. Bucciarati stared at me for just a second longer than he usually did before sighing.

"Alright, new orders. Giorno, you go with Mista and Narancia to the pier. Abbacchio and Fugo go towards the front of the park."

"Aye, aye..." Mista waved to us as they left. Abbacchio seemed a little extra grumpy, which sort of scared me.

"Why didn't you give me any orders?" I questioned.

"Why are you so pale?"

"Pale? Uh, I guess it's because Mista and Narancia took the opportunity to scare me earlier. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat you know..." He scoffed.

"You're not a scaredy-cat." He put his hand on my cheek. "But seriously, you do look a little pale." His hand slid down to my neck. "And you're heartbeat is really fast."

"O-Oh. Is it? I hadn't noticed."

"Are you sure? Because it's speeding up right now."

"Really?" I took a step back. "I'm sure it's nothing..."

"Did I... Make you nervous?" He asked, a faint blush appearing on his face.

"I... guess. I mean, I was pretty worked up from being scared earlier, but I guess your touch didn't really help..."

"Y/N." He stepped a little closer, pulling me into a tight hug. "Sorry for making you nervous, I should have asked before touching you. Also, I'll make sure those two clean all windows in the mansion for scaring you like that." I scoffed.

"Oh, yeah? I wouldn't mind that." I replied as I hugged him back. Surprisingly, my heartrate actually slowed down a bit.