Narancia《Handsome》

Requested by: No one.

A shorter one, sorry! But I love Narancia sm.

~~~~

My friends and I were walking down the street after shopping for some dresses. They were walking in front of me, talking to each other about this and that, but I didn't really feel included in the conversation. They walked into a flower shop, and I hurried after them to not get lost. Except for the cashier and a dark-haired boy, it was practically empty in there. The room filled with sound when we entered.

"-and then I told him- HEY LOOK!" My brunette friend blurted out. I was just about to pick up a red rose when she grabbed my attention. I noticed my two friends walking over to the boy who was here already, talking to him. He looked a bit nervous. Most likely, he wasn't used to talking to girls. I followed behind them.

"Hey, don't go messing around guys, leave the poor boy alone." I said and they just rolled their eyes to me.

"You're so cute! Are you single?" He seemed a bit flustered at the question.

"W-Well yeah... But I'm not cute!" He answered, but they just giggled.

"Oh, you totally are! You're shorter than the usual Italian boys, and you have an adorable expression on your face!" I was a bit weirded out by their words. Who even says that to a person?

The boy pushed past us and headed to the register, causing my friends to laugh.

"Y/N, let's get going."

"No, I'll stay. Let's talk later though." I put on a fake smile as they looked at each other and shrugged. They didn't even question it, they just left. I walked back to the boy, gently tapping him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, sir, I'd like to apologize for my friends' behavior." He turned back and looked at me, seemingly a bit surprised.

"Oh? Don't worry about it! Thanks, though." He smiled at me before bringing out his wallet.

"Are you sure? I was afraid you got embarrassed when they said you were cute- I mean you are! It's just that maybe you don't like that choice of words." I felt myself redden a bit as he stared at me. He payed for a single rose, before giving it to me.

"Here, thanks for being so nice to me! I'm also sorry your friends are idiots." I grabbed it and laughed at his words a bit.

"They are, you're right. Also, thank you but why did you buy this for me?" He looked at me and gave me a large grin.

"Because you kept looking at it earlier! By the way, I'm Narancia!" He said.

"Oh! Well, thank you then, Narancia. My name is Y/N." He smiled and headed for the door before turning to me.

"Hey, uh, wanna walk with me for a moment?" I hesitated for a second before nodding, walking outside the shop with him.

We wandered down the streets of Naples for a while, making small talk. We realized we had a lot in common which kept the conversation going, until it suddenly quieted down. It wasn't any uncomfortable silence, though. It took me a moment, but I decided to speak up.

"Hey, Narancia..."

"Yeah?"

"You're cute and all, but I'd say the correct word to describe you is handsome." I looked at him from the side, feeling a bit shy, just to see his face completely red.

"M-ME?! HANDSOME? REALLY?" He looked at me, then back to the road, then me, then away from me again. He ended up covering his face with one of his hands, mumbling a 'thanks'. After a while, he glanced back at me. "I, uh, think you're quite pretty yourself."