Bucciarati《Home》

Requested by: My undying desire to be loved

Omg I'm at the airport rn this is so funny.

I slept 3 hours. I got up at 3am. it's almost 7am and the flight leaves at 9am wowww

~~~~

I stood near the entrance of the airport. I had already said goodbye to the others before we left, so it was just me and Bucciarati right now.

"So, are you sure you want to leave?" He asked me, and I hesitated. Did he have to ask me when I wasn't even sure myself?

"Yes... I helped you with the mission, so my task here is done. I need to go... home." I felt his eyes on me, but I couldn't look at him. I just couldn't see the heartbroken face of the man I love.

"I see... And you want to go home?" My whole body was tense. I felt like crying.

"Yeah... I'll visit again, if you'll let me." I looked up and saw the saddest person I had ever seen. He truly looked heartbroken.

"Then, I'll be looking forward to that day." He said and gave me a smile. It wasn't even close to a genuine smile, but I appreciated the effort.

"Yeah, me too." I replied. He walked towards me and embraced me in a tight hug.

"Whatever happens, just know that you'll always be able to come back. We'll always welcome you, and you'll always be able to call Naples your home." At this point, I couldn't hold it back anymore. I let the tears fall as I held onto him.

"Bruno..."

"It's okay..." He gently stroked my hair, trying to comfort me.

The speakers announced my flight leaving soon, so I left his warm hug.

"Goodbye, Bucciarati. I love you." I told him.

"I love you too, Y/N." He gave me a kiss before letting me go completely. I turned away and began walking inside. Every single person I walked by looked like they were the happiest on earth. It disgusted me how jealous I got of everyone else. I wanted to stay, I really did. But I was only here temporarily. I couldn't stay when I had somewhere to go.

I had to go home.

Home? What is home? My empty apartment? My childhood home? Or... Back in Naples with the team.

The answer was obvious, of course. Honestly, there was no place that I'd ever feel more at home than with them, with Bruno.

I sat down on a bench, right before I was about to check in my luggage. It felt like my head was spinning, and I contemplated doing this.

No, I'm doing it.

I got up and ran back through the airport. I hurried towards the exit, hoping he hadn't left yet.

Once I got outside, I frantically searched for him.

"Y/N?" His voice spoke from behind me. I turned around and saw him leaning on a wall.

"Bruno! You're still here!" I dropped my things and ran over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Yeah, something told me that if there was the slightest chance you'd change your mind, I wanted to be here. Waiting for you." He held me in his arm, and I felt my whole mood change. There was no way I'd leave him. He was my home.

"It's probably stupid, and irresponsible and-" He cut me off by kissing me. "...But I can't leave you. I feel at home with you."

"Then how about it? Let's go home, shall we?" He helped me pick up my things as we walked back to his car, making our way home again.