Jonathan《Gentleman》

Requested by: No one.

This is a long one ahhh

THIS. HAS BEEN. A PAIN IN THE ASS. TO WRITE. I had to search up literally EVERYTHING because I wanted to make it historically accurate for the most part BUT IT WAS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE.

~~~~

I pushed the left door to make it wide open. Ms. Pendleton made her way through the door and I followed closely behind.

"Mr. Joestar, Mr. Brando, it's lovely to see you again." She made a curtesy and the two men bowed in return.

"Likewise, Ms. Pendleton." Mr. Joestar said. I stood at the side of the entrance, waiting to be told what to do when I accidentally made eye contact with him. I looked down at the ground immediately, hoping he hadn't noticed.

Unfortunately, he did.

"Oh, who's this?" He asked.

"That's my new Lady's Maid." Ms. Pendleton answered. I could hear the smile in her voice when she said it, which made me happy. It's true I was still new to the job, but she made a good friend so it wasn't too hard.

"What happened to the last one?"

"She couldn't even tie a corset properly, so I had my father fire her. Now I've got Ms. L/N, and she's truly a Saint." Her words were flattering, so I looked up.

"That's very flattering, miss..." I put my hand on my cheek in an attempt to cover my blush, but she giggled anyways.

"Well, either way it looks like it's about to rain, so please come inside. Ms. L/N will show you to the right room while I get my father for you." She strutted inside and up the stairs while I was left with the two men.

"Please, follow me." I walked through the main corridor as I heard their heavy steps following close behind. They weren't hard to miss, as the both of them were quite well-built.

"So, Ms. L/N, do you always wear such pretty work clothing or is it just for our visit here?" Mr. Brando asked and I stopped to turn around. He had a faint smirk on his face.

"Excuse me? How dare you ask such a thing when you haven't even properly introduced yourself!" I expressed myself loudly. After I said it, my hands flew to my mouth. "I-I'm so sorry! Please don't tell Eri- Ms. Pendleton. Just- keep following me, please." I turned back to the direction we were heading in and I kept walking in shame when Mr. Joestar appeared at my side.

"Don't worry, dear. He's always like that around women, you had every right to say that." His soothing voice was reassuring enough to let my worries go a bit.

"Thank you, I'm not supposed to talk to you so much, though. I might get in trouble."

"Nonsense. Ms. Pendleton is a kind woman, she won't mind. Besides, it's very lovely to chat with you like this." I had to tilt my head back a lot to look at his face properly, but his heartwarming smile made it completely worth it.

"I think so too. Oh, we're here." I directed them towards the entrance of a large room. It had simple decorations with a large table surrounded by chairs.

They sat down next to each other on one side of the table, as I stood in the corner, waiting for Mr. Pendleton and Ms. Pendleton to arrive.

"Oh, great, you're here!" Ms. Pendleton said as she entered the room with her father. "Ms. L/N. Please excuse us while we tend to our business. I'll call you once we're done here." I bowed my head slightly at her request and exited the room to give them privacy. As I was closing the door, I caught a glimpse of Mr. Joestar looking at me with a smile.