Chapter 9: Loki

Part 2

I am so incredibly excited to finally introduce this AU's version of Loki! He's a little softer and sweeter, playing off of how sassy and chaotic Nicky can be, but he definitely has a snarky side and I hope you'll grow to love him as much as I do. He's definitely my second favorite character to write (after Nicky.)

TW: Mentions of past transphobia, homophobia and gender dysphoria.

Loki sat on the floor of the hotel hallway with his back pressed up against the door to a hotel room. Last night this had been his room, but it now belonged to a very nice older woman who had apologized profusely, but had to close the door on him since it was now her room.

It was really just such a long story, but the gist of it was that Loki had flown across the country to supposedly start a new life with a man who said he loved Loki, but apparently did not. A man who had rented a hotel room for Loki to quarantine in, but after breaking up with Loki earlier that day, had canceled the room.

Loki had shown up an hour ago, hoping the room would still be available, but sadly, it was not.

When he had flown across the country, to supposedly start a life with his now ex-boyfriend, he had sold almost all of his belongings, except for the backpack that sat on the floor to his left and the suitcase that was leaning against the wall on his right.

A few days before flying across the country to start a new life, his debit card had been stolen, and all associated bank accounts had been frozen. The ex-boyfriend had promised to pay Loki back for all of the travel expenses, so he had mindlessly maxed out his credit card and had spent his only remaining cash on several depressing drinks at the hotel's outdoor bar throughout the past hour.

So, in total, Loki was tipsy, sitting on the floor of a hotel, leaning against the door of an old woman's hotel room, with no money for a plane ticket and nowhere to go with said plane ticket.

Loki sat there, sadly contemplating this, while staring at the ground, when he heard a soft soprano voice come from above him.

"Uhm...did you get locked out of your room?"

Loki glanced up into the mask-covered face of an absolutely gorgeous man. He was probably around Loki's age, somewhere between 28 and 30. He was wearing an expensive looking dark navy suit that fit his slim frame like a glove. He had a soft looking swoop of blonde hair, shocking green eyes that peered over the top of his mask down at Loki, and a small gold hoop earring in one ear.

"Something...like that, yes."

"Have you gone to the front desk?"

"Unfortunately, they're only doing no contact check-ins so there's no one manning the front desk. I think I need to call them, but my phone is dead, and I checked, but there isn't a charger anywhere in the hall so...I guess I've just been slowly trying to work up the energy to go find an outlet somewhere."

The man pulled his phone out of his back pocket and Loki tried not to stare too much at the soft swell of his ass under the well-tailored suit pants. Loki was, after all, only single as of the past four hours. The man suddenly cursed quietly, and Loki's eyes snapped up to his face.

"Sorry...it's been a really long day. I didn't realize my phone was also dead..."

"Is there...any way I could just use your hotel room phone? I'm...hoping there's been a mistake in my room booking..." Loki was actually holding out very little hope of this, but, feeling particularly alone and even a little scared right now, the idea of the other man leaving him alone in the hallway was less than appealing.

"Oh...I'm sorry we're being really, really cautious with COVID but-" the man started to say.

"Oh, well...if it makes any difference, I just got a COVID test and it was negative and I've been quarantining since I got here several days ago...?"